Live from…Z and TB’s Scandinavian Escapade

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Zqueeze1 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Good Morning.  It is finally the day that we depart for our fourteenth Regent cruise.  We are cruising on Tuesday for ten days from Southampton, UK to Stockholm, Sweden onboard the Splendor.  During this cruise, we are celebrating our fortieth wedding anniversary

We plan to travel to Miami today from Port St Lucie, FL and spend the night at the Marriott. Tomorrow we fly to London via JFK, which has us worried due to the smoke issues in the northeastern US. Once we arrive in the UK, we plan to tour the English countryside for three days prior to boarding.  

I hope that fellow cruisers jump onto this thread and collaborate so we can get their perspective of the cruise and travels. Also, please ask away with any questions.  One rule I have is to please be considerate of others and let’s all have a great time. 

So, let’s set the table:  we are retired and enjoying the many blessings we have.  I am Roberto (aka Zqueeze or Z) and The Boss (TB) is my lovely wife, Pamela.  We hope to share our trip with fellow cruisers and have a few laughs through my corny reporting.

I took it upon myself to pack the car and, we’ll, it didn’t work out too well:

image.png.5c778dc3c046f223b87710ffe909e51a.png

It turns out we really need an Acme moving truck to carry TB’s luggage.

image.thumb.png.82dbcb89263831d2ae3ec9d99517abc3.png

When I questioned her packing thought process, she said that “a girl needs options.”   

Before we cruise, I’ll fill everyone in on our itinerary as well as what kind of trouble we can brew up in England.  Stay safe. 

Z and TB

• Like 19
  • Haha 6

Oh boy!  

Can't wait to follow along, again.  I always enjoy your Live reports.

Safe travels to Miami and London.  You'll both be aboard Spendor before you know it.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with all of us.

Edited by RJ2002
  • Like 2

Safe travels! My wife and I board Splendor in Stockholm the day you disembark, so we'll be following with great interest. Very curious how the weather is for you as we're uncertain how much we want to bring in the way of warm- or cold-weather clothing. Ideally, we'd love to leave home both shorts and sweaters and jackets, but who knows...

We started packing the other day and aim to do 100% carry-on. 

• Like 1

Safe travels, esp. through JFK. Looking forward to following along your journey. We will be doing the London and countryside tour in July as a post-cruise after sailing from Barcelona on Voyager. 

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary and Bon Voyage!! Looking forward to enjoying your live from report. I didn’t realize you were in Port St. Lucie; we winter in fort pierce, just north of you.

I think you’ll be ok in nyc tomorrow. My daughter in north jersey tells us that yesterday was their peak. Safe and happy travels to you!!

I’m already laughing in anticipation!  Our first trip on Splendor be in September (London to BCN) so we will especially enjoy your great reporting.  Have a wonderful time and happy anniversary…we are approaching 46 years …how time flies! 

• Like 1

Enjoy the voyage, congratulations, love you guys, and bring me something good (not a T-shirt).

I’ll also be reading your posts with a critic’s eye, so make them good.

RAV (Zjr.)

• Like 2

Congratulations on your 40th anniversary!!💗💞💕

Wish  we were on board with you both! Miss you! We will be hanging on every word, and checking for updates daily. Wishing I could cheers 🥂 Pam with our favorite Cosmos! Hugs 💕IMG_2010.thumb.png.b6f927c0c0fe9c4010b55ac10e382ea9.png

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and anniversary wishes.  It means a lot to us.  

We made it to Miami in one piece despite heavy downpours along the dreaded I-95.   Now we need to contend with the smoke in NYC tomorrow.   

I took TB to a late lunch at Versailles, a famous Cuban restaurant in Little Havana.  She strapped on the feedbag and chowed down like a cute little hungry hippo.  
IMG_1025.thumb.jpeg.896510e69b397b46bbe738edbf81cde8.jpeg

Afterwards, she took a nice three hour zombie nap.  

Tomorrow:  fly away day and TB changes her name. 

Z and TB

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So very good to be hearing from you! John and I, like so many posting here have missed you on board AND on CC! 

We'll be doing a similar route in September, also on the Splendor and although not a full blown reunion, tnr will be sailing with us. 

We'll be following along with your adventures!

Congrats on the big 40....very special, you're only 13 years behind us...haha!

Fair winds and following seas........

J&L

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chateaunole-du-pape said:

Safe travels! My wife and I board Splendor in Stockholm the day you disembark, so we'll be following with great interest. Very curious how the weather is for you as we're uncertain how much we want to bring in the way of warm- or cold-weather clothing. Ideally, we'd love to leave home both shorts and sweaters and jackets, but who knows...

We started packing the other day and aim to do 100% carry-on. 

I will try to remember to post about the weather. As far as clothing is concerned, I brought my usual tour clothes plus a light jacket and sweater.   I figure that I will layer clothes.  I have thin Florida blood, so anything under 70F is too cold for me. 

Z and TB

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bebop bonnie said:

Well the only thing better than reading Z and TB’s cruise adventures is to be sailing with them!!  Safe travels, guys….can’t wait for your next posting!!

We sure miss you and your lovely sister.  Can’t wait until we can get together again. Love yous.  

Z and TB

6 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Happy Anniversary and Bon Voyage!! Looking forward to enjoying your live from report. I didn’t realize you were in Port St. Lucie; we winter in fort pierce, just north of you.

I think you’ll be ok in nyc tomorrow. My daughter in north jersey tells us that yesterday was their peak. Safe and happy travels to you!!

We moved to PSL last November into an apartment until our house was completed in March at Riverside.  MUCH better quality of life than when we lived in the Miami suburbs. 

Z and TB

4 hours ago, Zjr. said:

Enjoy the voyage, congratulations, love you guys, and bring me something good (not a T-shirt).

I’ll also be reading your posts with a critic’s eye, so make them good.

RAV (Zjr.)

Son, we will bring you a troll key chain and you will like it.  Stay away from my good rum in the house. 

Love you. 

Dad

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1teach53 said:

Congratulations on your 40th anniversary!!💗💞💕

Wish  we were on board with you both! Miss you! We will be hanging on every word, and checking for updates daily. Wishing I could cheers 🥂 Pam with our favorite Cosmos! Hugs 💕

We wish you were here onboard with us, too!  We could make fun of the stick people and drink the ship dry. Love yous. 

Z and TB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knotheadusc said:

I'll be boarding the Splendor in Stockholm as you are disembarking on the 23rd!  Hope you have a great time!  

This will be my first Regent cruise.

You are going to love Regent.  We are happy customers.   Not everything is perfect; but, hey, neither am I.  The best thing is the feeling of being among family.  I hope not to taint your expectations, but I’m an optimist. Have a great cruise. 

Z and TB

16 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

You are going to love Regent.  We are happy customers.   Not everything is perfect; but, hey, neither am I.  The best thing is the feeling of being among family.  I hope not to taint your expectations, but I’m an optimist. Have a great cruise. 

Z and TB

Thank you!  I hope you have a great time, too.  We will be in Norway the week before we embark, so I expect it will be epic!  

We usually cruise on much smaller ships (SeaDream and Hebridean), so this will be a very new experience for us.

• Like 1