Finally got my first block. Not bad!

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I think I like these better than the other blocks that I've seen pictures of.  

20230617_102006.jpg

Yeah, I gotta say I'm starting to like these more.  I think I like your Voyager block better than the old style I got in January.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Yeah, I gotta say I'm starting to like these more.  I think I like your Voyager block better than the old style I got in January.

Have you seen a new block in person? I have only seen pictures of the new blocks so far. I am trying to keep an open mind, but I really like the old style blocks I have “earned”. 

• Like 1

They look OK, but will clash with the rest of your collection if you have several already. I’d prefer the old style for that reason. 
I saw one recently that someone posted that had the Crown & Anchor symbol in the circle stamped upside down.  😆

Edited by HicksRA

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

I agree.  

I had to call about this block in December as our suite concierge plus our room attendant and the GS had no idea what I was talking about.  The Royal service rep said I should have gone to the C and A desk when I boarded.  Which yes, I should have.  Regardless, glad to get my 1st one 6 months later!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

They look OK, but will clash with the rest of your collection if you have several already. I’d prefer the old style for that reason. 

no, it's my first one.  So as long as they don't change it, I am good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Have you seen a new block in person? I have only seen pictures of the new blocks so far. I am trying to keep an open mind, but I really like the old style blocks I have “earned”. 

They're really nice in person, the lettering is engraved into it, then painted.

Easy to read from a distance

• Like 3

Congrats! 
I’m not sure I’m going to be upset about free thing (a gift!) in either case, but new type will work for me at least this time around (280 points) as I’m about to receive Anthem’s block again … At least it will be different from 140 points Anthem. 🙂 

• Like 1

I just received my 2nd block. I have 5 now. My allure block was on back order since last year. Not sure how I have 5 total now. Just barely got radiance. The next 70 pts will take a while.

Went on vacation and came home yesterday and this was sitting on my front porch, no telling for how long. Lucky burglars didnt take it. Amazing actually. 

20230616_182715.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

You get your first at 140 pts, then every 70 pts thereafter.

Thanks!  I'm at 127 and have to cruises booked...both I am in a balcony room by myself so double points...so I guess I will get one soon.  How do you get it?  Is it sent to you or do you pick it up?

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I don't expect to ever amass much of a collection but that's probably how I'd feel. I got my first one late last year (old style) so at least the oddball will be special, lol.

FWIW, Wonder was still giving out the old style as of last week. My in-laws got their first and I was expecting a new one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Thanks!  I'm at 127 and have to cruises booked...both I am in a balcony room by myself so double points...so I guess I will get one soon.  How do you get it?  Is it sent to you or do you pick it up?

You should receive a letter in your cabin on the cruise during which you reach/pass 140. It will give you the option of having it delivered on the ship (if in stock), having it mailed to you (which may or may not take a while), or you can decline it.

If you don't get a letter, you can go see the loyalty ambassador.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

I would ask on the cruise where it's due. One person, maybe john missed out on one they said he never asked. If the ship has them great. The for  has a choice that you dont want the block. .. 

So I'd ask if nothing is said to be sure. Whatever your next cruise is, 7 days, so 14 pts it's due. Will be a block with that ships name. You cant push it forward to the next ship. 

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You should receive a letter in your cabin on the cruise during which you reach/pass 140. It will give you the option of having it delivered on the ship (if in stock), having it mailed to you (which may or may not take a while), or you can decli

I picked the "mail it" option in June 2022 as they had none on the ship. Still waiting for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would ask on the cruise where it's due. One person, maybe john missed out on one they said he never asked. If the ship has them great. The for  has a choice that you dont want the block. .. 

So I'd ask if nothing is said to be sure. Whatever your next cruise is, 7 days, so 14 pts it's due. Will be a block with that ships name. You cant push it forward to the next ship. 

Thanks I will.  I will be on the Anthem.

6 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

It will be left on your bed during the cruise where you hit 140 points. You are no longer given the option to have it posted. Saves RCI some money in stamps!!

It is always worth stopping at the LA early in the cruise that you are due to receive one, just to make sure you are on their list. 

4 hours ago, little britain said:

It will be left on your bed during the cruise where you hit 140 points. You are no longer given the option to have it posted. Saves RCI some money in stamps!!

It is always worth stopping at the LA early in the cruise that you are due to receive one, just to make sure you are on their list. 

I have 5 blocks and dont remember any of them having a paper left in my cabin. I went in search of the loyalty ambassador.  Asked if they had some onboard. I also called last march and was told it would be mailed in April. Came now in june. ..that's why I'm surprised out of the blue. Maybe now they have the new blocks they will get back to leaving papers. My last was my march 27 radiance. Got a old style block. Happy. This is my first new style.