Please, please help me how do I resolve my problem and clear my name

esper10

Hi all

I truly need help and I know that writing you all will give me some ideas.

I’m elite with Carnival but I didn’t cruise with them since the pandemic. I travel with an older mom and was worried about the virus so we cruised other companies for the past couple of years. 
las week my carnival agent called me and talked me into trying carnival again so we booked for next month. The very next day I got an email saying my cruise has been canceled. It didn’t give me a reason or anything. I was so mad. I’m not criminal, I didn’t steal. I keep on getting emails from carnival so what happened????
I made many calls spend a lot of time on the phone with no help. Talked to Resoluton to my agent wrote customer care. I called the lady who they said did the cancellation she never answer. From the little that I learned is during the pandemic I owe $250.00 I thought hard I did cancel a cruise back than and when carnival did return my deposit I called my credit card company and got my money back. At that time everyone one was cancelling and cruise companies were refunding the full amount so I don’t know what happened. Again I still don’t know the reason coming from them but I need to clear my name. To be on a no seal list is no fun. No, I don’t want to cruise with carnival again but I need answers. I never received any letter or email addressing a problem so this came as a shock. I also want to complain but to whom? I wrote customer care and no answer. Accounting doesn’t answer and the agent said he basically didn’t want to call no one for me.

PLEASE HELP ME

Just now, ray98 said:

If you are saying to did a chargeback on a credit card dispute then you are likely done.  They don't have to allow you to be a customer.

I was just going to say this. If you add a "not" into this "From the little that I learned is during the pandemic I owe $250.00 I thought hard I did cancel a cruise back than and when carnival did not return my deposit I called my credit card company and got my money back." So if that is what happened OP it does appear that you did end up on a list and I have no way of knowing how you would go about getting off of it. The $250 they didn't return was likely a non-refundable deposit which is why they didn't give you a refund (although part of it was likely a future cruise credit).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ray98 said:

If you are saying to did a chargeback on a credit card dispute then you are likely done.  They don't have to allow you to be a customer.

I don’t know what is the problem yet just guessing 

I think I have the right to know the exact reason. It would have been the right thing to do is to let me know then. Now they said they are going to refund my money I just paid what do I do if they don’t refund it? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, esper10 said:

I don’t know what is the problem yet just guessing 

If you did do a chargeback then I'm pretty sure that is where the problem is. Again, I have no idea how one would go about changing that.

• Like 4

I echo what sparks and others said. If you did a chargeback on your credit card to get your $250 back rather than just waiting on Carnival to refund your money, that's likely the issue. There were several people posting the same scenario in social media groups year before last when cruises resumed. Many businesses, including my own, will not do business with you any longer if you issue a chargeback on your credit card. 

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, esper10 said:

I think I have the right to know the exact reason. It would have been the right thing to do is to let me know then. Now they said they are going to refund my money I just paid what do I do if they don’t refund it? 

....another chargeback I guess.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, esper10 said:

No, I don’t want to cruise with carnival again

Then accept this Carnival cruise cancelation as a Win-Win.  You got your $250 back quickly with the help of your CC company, and you can focus on sailing with Celebrity, Royal, Princess and any other cruise line except Carnival.  Not a bad outcome.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, esper10 said:

Hi all

I truly need help and I know that writing you all will give me some ideas.

I’m elite with Carnival but I didn’t cruise with them since the pandemic. I travel with an older mom and was worried about the virus so we cruised other companies for the past couple of years. 
las week my carnival agent called me and talked me into trying carnival again so we booked for next month. The very next day I got an email saying my cruise has been canceled. It didn’t give me a reason or anything. I was so mad. I’m not criminal, I didn’t steal. I keep on getting emails from carnival so what happened????
I made many calls spend a lot of time on the phone with no help. Talked to Resoluton to my agent wrote customer care. I called the lady who they said did the cancellation she never answer. From the little that I learned is during the pandemic I owe $250.00 I thought hard I did cancel a cruise back than and when carnival did return my deposit I called my credit card company and got my money back. At that time everyone one was cancelling and cruise companies were refunding the full amount so I don’t know what happened. Again I still don’t know the reason coming from them but I need to clear my name. To be on a no seal list is no fun. No, I don’t want to cruise with carnival again but I need answers. I never received any letter or email addressing a problem so this came as a shock. I also want to complain but to whom? I wrote customer care and no answer. Accounting doesn’t answer and the agent said he basically didn’t want to call no one for me.

PLEASE HELP ME

I did disputes nd people think they can do a charge back and the charge is no longer owed. Sometimes companies even send you to a collection agency if you do a charge back. The bottom line is you still owe the money as carnival is out the money you charged back. 

It's a fallacy to think you got the money back because the company agreed. Sometimes it's as simple as the company did not respond by the required date and was charged back. 

Pay what you owe and the problem goes away. A lot of people dont understand the dispute process and think they won, means the charge went away. We carefully word the letter saying the temporary credit we issued will remain on your account. People read things into this like we said we agree. We carefully never say that. We know we cant say certain things. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Then accept this Carnival cruise cancelation as a Win-Win.  You got your $250 back quickly with the help of your CC company, and you can focus on sailing with Celebrity, Royal, Princess and any other cruise line except Carnival.  Not a bad outcome.

I take it you either do not check people in for Carnival, or you do and they treat you worse than any other cruise line.

Princess is owned by Carnival Corporation. Do we know if the ban is just for Carnival cruise line, or could it be for all cruise lines owned by Carnival?

@ontheweb, usually if a passenger owes a balance either from their current cruise, or an outstanding debt from a previous cruise, they are informed by a Pier Coordinator at check-in, and told if they have any questions about it to speak to Guest Services on the ship.   Shoreside staff only knows the amount of the outstanding balance/debt, not the reason behind it.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I did disputes nd people think they can do a charge back and the charge is no longer owed. Sometimes companies even send you to a collection agency if you do a charge back. The bottom line is you still owe the money as carnival is out the money you charged back. 

It's a fallacy to think you got the money back because the company agreed. Sometimes it's as simple as the company did not respond by the required date and was charged back. 

Pay what you owe and the problem goes away. A lot of people dont understand the dispute process and think they won, means the charge went away. We carefully word the letter saying the temporary credit we issued will remain on your account. People read things into this like we said we agree. We carefully never say that. We know we cant say certain things. 

I was never told anything. I don’t even know if this is the problem. I never owed a penny in my life. I’m only guessing. No one yet told me how to solve this since carnival are not talking to me and explaining after the many calls to them I placrd

22 minutes ago, esper10 said:

I was never told anything. I don’t even know if this is the problem. I never owed a penny in my life. I’m only guessing. No one yet told me how to solve this since carnival are not talking to me and explaining after the many calls to them I placrd

Several have told you here, it was the chargeback. I am only curious to know now if you paid back the $250 chargeback if they would take you off the list. 

Edited by tree.critter
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, esper10 said:

No one you will be to reach by phone will have any additional information for you.  Why you are on the no sail list is almost assuredly due to the chargeback.  That is common practice, "burn us once, not twice" and no, you don't have a "right" to know.  

• Like 5

Is your Carnival agent able to get to the bottom of this? That’s who I’d be requesting to act on your behalf and find out. If it is the chargeback, would paying back the money get you off the list? Or is the door closed? The fact that you’re able to sail in Princess shows that you’re not banned on all Carnival-owned lines, so maybe there’s hope. 

Edited by JenSDCA
  • Like 3