Rude Employee

MsSoCalCruiser

I have the Princess phone number in my phone with a special ringtone. I received a call from that number and the person asked for someone not in my household. I told the person that there was no one here by that name and they hung up on me. That is not how I am used to being treated by an employee of Princess Cruises. Am I wrong for wanting to report this call? So rude. Thanks for listening. 🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Ok, I let it go. It felt good to vent because it really ticked me off. I feel better now, and I’m ready to book another cruise. 

Yes, it could have been some crank marketing where the spoofed the PCL HQ number.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, it could have been some crank marketing where the spoofed the PCL HQ number.

I have an app called RoboKiller on my phone.  It screens out all phishing and junk phone calls, but shows the number that was called from.  It's amazing how many of them are from seemingly regular phone numbers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCThunder said:

I have an app called RoboKiller on my phone.  It screens out all phishing and junk phone calls, but shows the number that was called from.  It's amazing how many of them are from seemingly regular phone numbers.

I don't answer any calls anymore.  If it's important, they'll leave a message and I can return the call.  What's amazing is how many calls from numbers in my area never leave a message.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I don't answer any calls anymore.  If it's important, they'll leave a message and I can return the call.  What's amazing is how many calls from numbers in my area never leave a message.

I generally do that.  But there are times I "have" to answer the phone when I am expecting a return call.  If I don't answer every incoming call and I miss the one that I need, then it would be another 2 hours waiting on hold to have them call me back again.

I was on hold yesterday for about 30 minutes.  Reached someone who told me she needed to check with person 2 and that person 2 would return my call within 24 hours.  Hasn't happened yet and don't expect it to happen..so back to calling them again tomorrow.  

In the meantime, I "answered" 4 calls.  One was sort of legit...fund raiser with a live person.  Other 3 were robo calls

I have tried turning on google voice screen calls.  I just couldn't get the hang of it.  It did work.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Since a lot of calls from telemarketers, they dial multiple numbers at once & only connect to the first person that answers. 

11 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

The good thing about RoboKiller is that the phone doesn't even ring when the app indicates it's a spam call.  I get a notice of a spam call in my Recent Calls section, but otherwise its as if the call never happened.  It allows calls from numbers in my contact list to go through as well as return calls where I've dialed a number first.  I'm very pleased with the service.

44 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

This!  I've actually had a call come in one time that showed MY phone number!  I knew I wasn't calling myself. 

#me too

solar, my 'non-existent google listing' make up about 95% of all my 'scam calls' - who knew the sheriffs department and hospital were involved in google listings?

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Since a lot of calls from telemarketers, they dial multiple numbers at once & only connect to the first person that answers. 

This is very likely the case in this situation...happens all the time.  Is it considerate?  Heck no...but that's just the way their system is set up.  It's likely not the actual person hanging up on you.

• Like 1