Big news tomorrow (apparently!)

killarneylady

I've been to Coco Cay on a Symphony of the Seas sailing last August. RCI have done a fantastic job on the island and I would welcome Celebrity itineraries which call on Coco Cay.

I think they do a pretty good job of managing people flow on the island. We were there and Mariner was there at the same time. Crowds were completely manageable.

• Like 2

I will say, should going to coco cay be considered  "a game changer"?  The previous thread about why X didn't go to Coco Cay, most said they'd have zero interest in going

Well, it does seem that they're now trying to attract the younger crowd...X is changing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It’s so interesting how they choose who will get which marketing emails. No sign of this one in our inbox🤔

It's from the capt club; they send them out in batch's, no idea how each batch is bundled

Very confused by this 

1) There shouldn’t be any new sailings being released this time of year

2) Royal has Cococay filled with two ships practically every day. 

Could Celebrity be developing an area on the northern under utilized section of the island or nearby? I think that’s already under development for Royal. 

I don’t see a huge capital expenditure over a private island when they have halted even refurbishing ships. 

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What’s with this excitement about Coco Cay?  I’d rather stay on the ship.  What’s the big deal?

The RCL-ification of Celebrity is happening before our very eyes.

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

X is changing

Yes, into RCL. Little by little. It's not a good thing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

The RCL-ification of Celebrity is happening before our very eyes.

Yes, into RCL. Little by little. It's not a good thing.

I was on a ship when Laura was onboard. The information from the crew was consistent with these observations - Laura's goal is to make Celebrity more like Royal over time. Going to Coco Cay is a continuation of this process.

Edited by TrueCruiseaholic
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

I was on a ship when Laura was onboard. The information from the crew was consistent with these observations - the goal is to make Celebrity more like Royal over time. Going to Coco Cay is a continuation of this process.

I don’t understand the point of that. Why have two similar lines under the same umbrella?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I don’t understand the point of that. Why have two similar lines under the same umbrella?

Celebrity already is/will become a two class cruise line. One class is the Retreat which will attempt to continue the classic Celebrity experience. The other class is everything else (Aquaclass being on the edge of the two), which will be more like Royal Caribbean - removing dishes in the MDR and making dishes that used to be free a surcharge.

The point is to make Celebrity cater to a younger demographic that only cruises once a year or once every few years. The less often someone cruises, the more they spend per cruise - the only thing that Royal corporate cares about (making as much money per cruise as possible). Gen X will cruise less often than Baby Boomers in general. Millennials will cruise even less often. The market in the future will no longer be in loyalty but in less frequent guests who spend more per cruise.

Edited by TrueCruiseaholic

I would MUCH rather go to CocoCay than go to Nassau. Nassau, especially since covid and the last few major storms, is awful. There are some high-rent areas on CocoCay, so I'm not sure why the snobs are looking down on it as a destination.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m ok with this if there is a surf machine. The young people call it flow rider.  They could remove the Retreat Sundeck to make space for it.

I want both. Thanks for calling me young.

• Haha 2