Big news tomorrow (apparently!)

killarneylady

35 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Will there be age and weight limits for CocoCay?  I need to know if I’ll be allowed on the water slide.

If you look like Ken or Barbie, you will be allowed on the water slide.  Old farts  like most of us nap  in loungers in the shade by the beach.  Men must wear knee high socks. 

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Spot on! I priced a Cel & NCL cruise yesterday for a 2025 Southern Caribbean itinerary and NCL was $2400 more. 

It was almost apples to apples, I was shocked! 

Patty 

We have a southern Caribbean out of San Juan booked with Celebrity Mar 2025, so I just checked NCL pricing to compare (also 7 days out of San Juan). NCL is coming almost identical in pricing on that one (early March 2025 cheapest inside)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swjumbo said:

MEYER WERFT!

My brother has worked there for many years and I find this speculation about private island, RCL, blah, blah, blah, fascinating.

Every Edge Class ship is going to this shipyard over the next few years to get the infinite balconies redesigned.

Celebrity have a massive campaign ready and are putting the customers’ views to the forefront. Refreshing to tell us that, as a company, we got it wrong but will right the wrong!

Common sense at last.

This post seems to have gotten buried in amongst all the Coco cay business.  Can it possibly be true ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodndonna said:

We have a southern Caribbean out of San Juan booked with Celebrity Mar 2025, so I just checked NCL pricing to compare (also 7 days out of San Juan). NCL is coming almost identical in pricing on that one (early March 2025 cheapest inside)

I compared aft balcony with Feb dates. I even took screenshots and text them to my friend who likes NCL to see what I was missing, she was equally shocked. I'll do mock booking again later to double check myself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cw2go said:

I compared aft balcony with Feb dates. I even took screenshots and text them to my friend who likes NCL to see what I was missing, she was equally shocked. I'll do mock booking again later to double check myself. 

As an aside, by checking there was a slight price drop on our Celebrity booking, so great timing 😀

I agree with your original sentiment regarding RCL. We have yet to sail or book with RCL, just can't get my head around the pricing on those as I think it should be much cheaper, but doesn't seem to be.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

This post seems to have gotten buried in amongst all the Coco cay business.  Can it possibly be true ?

Highly doubtful. They are releasing Ascent and Icon OTS with minimal if any changes to infinite verandas. They would have incorporated the changes pre launch if they were already scheduling overhauls. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Yes out of San Juan. NCL was the Viva, new ship @ $5798 and Cel was the Summit, revolutionized @ $3049 so after OBC it was approx $2400 diff. both aft balconies. 

Patty 

That’s kind of an apples to oranges compare. Summit is an older ship and Viva will be the hot new NCL ship. If I were choosing it would be Summit. I have been on Summit a bunch of times including after it was revolutionized. I have not seen the itineraries but Southern Caribbean itineraries tend be port intensive. I think saving a couple thousand dollars is a no brainer. Plus my cruises on NCL have been meh. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not surprised that they are swapping Nassau for Coco Cay on some itineraries.  I  hear people endlessly complaining about Nassau when I'm cruising. Actually, the last 2 cruises we did that stopped at Nassau, we didn't even leave the ship. 

We've been to Perfect Day once. Its was fine and honestly if I was given a choice between Perfect Day and Nassau, I'd choose Perfect Day. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Highly doubtful. They are releasing Ascent and Icon OTS with minimal if any changes to infinite verandas. They would have incorporated the changes pre launch if they were already scheduling overhauls. 

Who is the genius who got people to spend more on an ocean view cabin?

And Beyond is just canceled in Europe and TA?  Nothing takes it’s place?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cw2go said:

I posted  the earlier screenshot, pretty safe bet it's CoCoCay!

My hubby is happy to play on the slides + I'm happy to sit in a chair without a taxi ride = Win Win! 

Although I do understand this won't be great news for all. 

Patty 

I’ll be playing on the slides with your hubby and my hubby will be sitting in a chair with you!  At amusement parks he is my purse holder while I go on rides.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

That’s kind of an apples to oranges compare. Summit is an older ship and Viva will be the hot new NCL ship. If I were choosing it would be Summit. I have been on Summit a bunch of times including after it was revolutionized. I have not seen the itineraries but Southern Caribbean itineraries tend be port intensive. I think saving a couple thousand dollars is a no brainer. Plus my cruises on NCL have been meh. 

Gotcha, I was honestly just curious. Looking to mix it up. I get bored of the Cel entertainment/shows. My original post on this did say "almost apples to apples" and for that price my friend who loves NCL also said go Celebrity. I've sailed the M class ships multiple times and find the pool decks too small but Viva isn't looking any better! 

I'm leaning towards Beyond 10 day. 

Patty 

1 minute ago, riredsox said:

I’ll be playing on the slides with your hubby and my hubby will be sitting in a chair with you!  At amusement parks he is my purse holder while I go on rides.  

Deal! 😁

• Haha 1

Glad I am sailing on the Beyond in January… I would be very disappointed if my European sailing was canceled for next summer. We are booked on the Equinox so we are safe for now…

I have little interest in going to Coco Cay…especially if it’s in port with an an Oasis class ship or the Icon of the seas…and then have to pay a fortune to go to “chill” island or rent a cabana.

11 minutes ago, Bluebunny123 said:

My transatlantic is still showing in my reservations but the Beyond shows being in the Caribbean?🫤

I already reached out to my TA but he is dealing with multiple cxls so will get in touch with me as soon as he can , not much can do is wait and see what is happening overall. My main issue is we were meeting family over in Italy and staying in Rome afterwards for 10 days.  Now seeing what can be done, already purchased air but that is refundable overall.  

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 1

Hello,

I don't know the place but is it big enough to be divided into a Celebrity area and a Royal area? Or will the lines be there on different days?

I ask because the conversation between adjacent sun loungers could be quite interesting when one occupant says to another "You came here for how much?!"

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I don't know the place but is it big enough to be divided into a Celebrity area and a Royal area? Or will the lines be there on different days?

I ask because the conversation between adjacent sun loungers could be quite interesting when one occupant says to another "You came here for how much?!"

Regards,

Cublet

The Royal experience at Celebrity prices ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

In the previous thread about it, folks weren't interesting in stopping there.  Its a safe bet that on the X sailings that will stop in CoCo Cay, the kid count just went way up

I'd suggest that Cruise Critic users aren't representative of Celebrity's customer base in any statistically significant way. Celebrity has been an outlier amongst the mass market & premium lines for decades in not having a private island... being able to have a private stop, without needing to travel to a beach, where food (and alcohol if you have a bev package) is included is a no-brainer. 

It's also important to note that comments on a CC thread aren't actually what most passengers want. So much of what generates engagement on Cruise Critic is pearl-clutching ("you won't believe what I saw *those* people doing"), or weird nostalgia ("I miss the days where the maitre d would flambe your steak table side on the cheese trolly"). People pile on in these threads, but they're not representative of any of the experiences I've had with other passengers onboard a Celebrity ship. It's also why Celebrity execs roll their eyes at CC... they've got tons of internal data that is much more representative of guest experience than anyone griping about the removal of the fry-your-own-steak station in the buffet.

If Celebrity is planning stops at Coco Cay, I'd assume they have evidence that shows the majority of guests would welcome this option (despited anecdotal bellyaching from message board users).

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

35 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I went back to reprice and double check myself. Holy Moly! 

I give the slight edge to Cel for Itinerary but NCL's ship is clearly newer with more dining options.   

Cel Summit Feb 15th 

Aft Stateroom $3049. 56 non refund & no perk w/$250 OBC 

NCL Viva Feb 9th 

Aft stateroom $5798.20 w/wifi & $50 towards shore excursions. Removed Bev and Grats to make it comparable. 

and for giggles...

RCCL Rhapsody Feb 16th Aft stateroom $3275 no perks

I don't consider this itinerary or ship comparable at all. Just for price point knowledge 🤑

Still shocked!

Patty 

• Like 1