Celebrity Coming to CocoCay?

We favor X over Royal and would love to be in the Oasis Lagoon Pool for free, enjoying a Snack Shack Chicken sandwich for free and swimming up to the pool bar for a drink included with our AI cruise fare! 😜😜😜

mac_tlc

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Celebrity and even 1-2 other lines have stopped at Royal Private Islands in the past

A few years ago Carnival was stopping there, they called it Little Stirrup Cay. Even the Coco Cay main sign flipped to cover the Coco name & show the Stirrup side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hannibal54 said:

A few years ago Carnival was stopping there, they called it Little Stirrup Cay. Even the Coco Cay main sign flipped to cover the Coco name & show the Stirrup side.

True, though Little Stirrup Cay was Correct Name of the Originally Royal Leased Island itself. Was first at LSC/Coco Cay myself about 30yrs ago, at Labadee 35yrs ago. Seen alot of Changes. From an Article over a Decade ago: "Carnival Cruise Lines has announced on select five-night sailings of its Carnival Fascination will swap out a stop at Key West for the private island of Little Stirrup Cay, which is better known to Royal Caribbean fans as Coco Cay.

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not everyday. Off the top of my head (due to several bookings), Wonder is there alone... a lot.

Celebrity Beyond is scheduled to dock at Coco Cay on 5/13/24 and 5/27/23 - Wonder of the Seas is also scheduled there those days.  So very good observation you made there. Looks like Royal is filling in some gaps with their sister line.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Agreed,  I don't think the usual celebrity crowd will particularly enjoy the island when there's an oasis class full of families there as well.

Wonder if this will continue to drive up the stupid prices for the activities/cabanas

I don't understand how they're not losing money already on all those things.  Our next cruise Full Beach Club Day Pass is up to $283.99 pp!!!!!!!!  We paid $58.99pp 2 yrs ago Sept. 21!  Guess we will never return to Beach Club.

Went back and checked my pics, we went to Labadee on Celebrity Reflection in 2014 and to CoCoCay on Celebrity Eclipse in 2015.  I knew I remembered that correctly!  So Celebrity has been to both ports in the past.  A couple of the Sisters were there when the fleet was at CoCoCay for the fireworks a couple years ago too.

Edited by BecciBoo

17 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Celebrity Beyond is scheduled to dock at Coco Cay on 5/13/24 and 5/27/23 - Wonder of the Seas is also scheduled there those days.  So very good observation you made there.

I didn't want to be right as I'll be sailing Wonder 3-4 times next year.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I didn't want to be right as I'll be sailing Wonder 3-4 times next year.

I only sail Royal and I'm sure it will take some time for sites like Cruisemapper to update. Is there a list of Celebrity stops at CocoCay I can find? (I'll search myself but kind of just waking up, lol).

It looks like it will be the Reflection and the Beyond.

2 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

It looks like it will be the Reflection and the Beyond.

Thanks, yeah, I did a quick search think I found an easy way to check just by looking at the celebrity site. You beat my edit.

Not the end of the world if we're not there alone, just a little bonus. We're very skilled at getting off the ship ASAP and heading straight to our preferred spot.

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

If only Celebrity would bring a ship to Pt Canaveral we would hop on….. it’s not worth it to us to drive that far for a 4 or 5 night cruise

I would like  this. We have eight hours to Port Canaveral, which is doable in one day. The drive to Fort Lauderdale is just a little too much for us. When we sail from there (and we have on Celebrity) it involves flights. 

m

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Our next cruise Full Beach Club Day Pass is up to $283.99 pp!!!!!!!!  We paid $58.99pp 2 yrs ago Sept. 21!  Guess we will never return to Beach Club

Us too.  We paid $89 each in May but I would never pay more than that.  Worth it at that price (or less) but not worth more than that.

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks, yeah, I did a quick search think I found an easy way to check just by looking at the celebrity site. You beat my edit.

Not the end of the world if we're not there alone, just a little bonus. We're very skilled at getting off the ship ASAP and heading straight to our preferred spot.

Yeah, but sometimes if you come in second, your selections are narrowed especially if you have a sizeable group.  Lately, I've been renting the beach bed which at this time are reasonable in price.

9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Yeah, but sometimes if you come in second, your selections are narrowed especially if you have a sizeable group.  Lately, I've been renting the beach bed which at this time are reasonable in price.

Fortunately Wonder always docks at 7am and it's just 2 of us. I have a Utopia B2B on hold for spring break 2025 that will be there with another ship both times but I'll worry about it then.

Glad the beach bed works for you. I'm too frugal to spend money for it. If we ever couldn't get our preferred spot, we'd adjust.

Edited by OCSC Mike

39 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Us too.  We paid $89 each in May but I would never pay more than that.  Worth it at that price (or less) but not worth more than that.

I agree. Went several times when the Beach Club first opened, and prices ranged from $30-$50 per person. Complained last year when we paid $80. Now prices are over $200 pp, so I am not booking! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We favor X over Royal and would love to be in the Oasis Lagoon Pool for free, enjoying a Snack Shack Chicken sandwich for free and swimming up to the pool bar for a drink included with our AI cruise fare! 😜😜😜

mac_tlc

Just an FYI, on most days the swim up pool bar area is packed. The chances of you swimming up to the pool bar for a drink are pretty slim. It’s more like you have to squeeze by numerous guests in the pool to get close enough to the bar and then hope one of the bartenders sees you. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, on most days the swim up pool bar area is packed. The chances of you swimming up to the pool bar for a drink are pretty slim. It’s more like you have to squeeze by numerous guests in the pool to get close enough to the bar and then hope one of the bartenders sees you. 

Yes when two ships dock there for forget It waiting over thirty minutes for one of those chicken sandwiches, lines everywhere just went back to the ship for lunch