Trauma! Can't flip booking to TA...4 days past deadline, weird

yellowhat

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Wonder why they didn’t book with their TA at the start. If it is a OBC board booking it could have been handled then.

If this was an OBB and the cruise had been booked by the TA it would have gone to them automatically.

Otherwise it feels like this may be a new relationship with a TA that developed after the OP booked the cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If this was an OBB and the cruise had been booked by the TA it would have gone to them automatically.

Otherwise it feels like this may be a new relationship with a TA that developed after the OP booked the cruise.

OBB bookings go to TA on record unless you tell them not to, which is simply checking a box on a form.  We do this frequently so that we can check with the TA we use to see if there are group rates or other TA promotions.

6 hours ago, the penguins said:

As Bo pointed out you would only loose the deposit you paid which, when you book onboard, is only $200 so it might make sense - you would have to do the maths (math). Also as you are Elite you get a free change so X might (just might) let you cancel and rebook the same cruise in a different cabin which you would immediately transfer to your agent. As different X employees interpret the rules differently it's worth a phone call to see.

Good point IF they booked the cruise onboard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mayleeman said:

All oftl those situations involved Celeb changing its policies or promises without sufficient notice. 

Which are all probably allowed in their T&C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I assumed it was a standard Elite+ perk - will see if I can find it somewhere. 

Not a E+ perk in US.  Until recently changes could be made with no charge and  cancellations with a   NRD incurred a $100 pp fee.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I assumed it was a standard Elite+ perk - will see if I can find it somewhere. 

Another reason could be because precovid all deposits in the UK were non refundable so being able to make one free transfer was a valuable perk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

What was the reason the deadline was missed? 

unless it was  something extraordinary, no exception should  be considered..

And really, the only thing I could think of would be that you fell into a coma the day after booking and woke up 34 days later. You have 30 days to do it - holding off until the last possible moment is just asking for something to happen.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, yellowhat said:

Stay tuned..counting out business days..I was 3 days out of their law of 30 days...Yup.. 36 hours

Perhaps it's 30 consecutive days rather than 30 business days ? ( I don't know ).

Perhaps it's 36 hrs in Southern Ontario , but, 72 hrs everywhere else  ? ( I don't know )

Perhaps you are complaining to the wrong crowd ? ( That one I do know--- it's yes )

Perhaps call your TA ( Big Box Travel ) and get them to try for you ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, yellowhat said:

Stay tuned..counting out business days..I was 3 days out of their law of 30 days...Yup.. 36 hours

I'm glad I don't live in your world. 3 days equals 36 hours where you live? I've heard of daylight savings time, but that's ridiculous. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, SPacificbound said:

Not sure but I would think it was 30 consecutive days, not business days.

However, the title of post "trauma"...... seriously? OP has certainly lived a blessed life if this is trauma.

spb I would think they have not "...lived a blessed life..." if trauma is in their vocabulary, it makes me think that it is not the first trauma they have suffered... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mom says said:

I'm glad I don't live in your world. 3 days equals 36 hours where you live? I've heard of daylight savings time, but that's ridiculous. 

ms thank you for catching that one...

bon voyage

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Well if you just count the 3 days and not the 3 nights 🙈

I'll see myself out now

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

This wasn’t a real post.  Just something to stir the pot.  The title says 4 days past the deadline but 3 days and 36 hours was mentioned in the post.  There is no consistency for this to make sense. 

4 days is 96 hours, 3 days is 72 hours and 36 hours is a day and a half.  

On 7/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, SPacificbound said:

Not sure but I would think it was 30 consecutive days, not business days.

However, the title of post "trauma"...... seriously? OP has certainly lived a blessed life if this is trauma.

OMG! 😧 I'm sooo following this! Keep us updated OP! Seriously though, I think you have much bigger issues than your TA transfer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/7/2023 at 4:40 AM, crusinthrough said:

This wasn’t a real post.  Just something to stir the pot.  The title says 4 days past the deadline but 3 days and 36 hours was mentioned in the post.  There is no consistency for this to make sense. 

4 days is 96 hours, 3 days is 72 hours and 36 hours is a day and a half.  

You get the prize for superior multiplication skills! 🏆

• Haha 1