Is there priority boarding for Captains Club ?

kike368

I'll be on my first Celebrity cruise aboard the Silhouette from Port Everglades. Even though it's my first Celebrity cruise I have been granted Elite status due to my Diamond status on Royal. Just wondering if Celebrity provides priority boarding for this level without a suite booking? 

You really don't need it.  We always get one of the early boarding windows and there are never lines. IMO Celebrity is much quicker with the boarding process than Royal.  If you are there before they start boarding the ship, they will have you wait in seating areas and you'll be boarding shortly after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, kike368 said:

I'll be on my first Celebrity cruise aboard the Silhouette from Port Everglades. Even though it's my first Celebrity cruise I have been granted Elite status due to my Diamond status on Royal. Just wondering if Celebrity provides priority boarding for this level without a suite booking? 

No different than RC. No priority boarding. 

No priority for anyone but suites and "assisted" guests on our Reflection cruise this past February.   It's okay, because the assigned arrival times spaces out everyone to decrease the wait in the terminal.  

13 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

There was priority boarding for Elite plus and Aqua class in Los Angeles when I cruised on Solstice in April.  I do not know what they do in Florida.

Are you talking about boarding or check in? If there was for check in on Solstice in June in Seattle I missed the signs. The ship was already boarding when we got there.

Edited by Mark_K

I just came back from Apex cruise.   You get to select the boarding time on the app before the cruise.  I think the timeslots I was offered were from 11am to 4pm, every half hour.   I picked 12 to 12:30pm.    I got there earlier than I thought around 11pm.   We walked into the terminal, nobody asked me what my timeslots was, and everyone just started lining up.   In about 15 minutes, we were checked in and on the ship in our room.

On 7/9/2023 at 5:09 PM, kike368 said:

Did you have to call them to get your elite status or did it switch over automatically? My cruise mate is the same as you, diamond on royal, first cruise with x. She linked her crown and anchor number with her captains club number in the celebrity app but her status still says preview. Just wondering your experience and should we call it in or will or fix itself? 

14 hours ago, whataboutport said:

Did you have to call them to get your elite status or did it switch over automatically? My cruise mate is the same as you, diamond on royal, first cruise with x. She linked her crown and anchor number with her captains club number in the celebrity app but her status still says preview. Just wondering your experience and should we call it in or will or fix itself? 

Call 1-800-760-0654. Best to get it taken care of prior to the cruise. That way all documents will reflect the proper CC tier level. 

When my TA booked the trip he added my Crown & Anchor number and my elite status was created automatically.  Elite status is displayed when I look at my reservation on line, so if it's not showing on there reservation they should call CC or their TA

On 7/10/2023 at 8:09 PM, davekathy said:

You pick a check in time not a boarding time. 

You can check in any time once check-in opens (45 days prior to sailing). As part of the check-in process, you choose an arrival time. 

13 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You can check in any time once check-in opens (45 days prior to sailing). As part of the check-in process, you choose an arrival time. 

You can arrive at the terminal anytime. You may not be allowed to enter before your check in time at the terminal if they are even holding cruisers to that time anymore. They didn't for our March Apex cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You can arrive at the terminal anytime. You may not be allowed to enter before your check in time at the terminal if they are even holding cruisers to that time anymore. They didn't for our March Apex cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

I think you missed my point. There is no "check in time at the terminal". You check in weeks prior to your sail date and choose an arrival time, which may or may not be enforced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

I think you missed my point. There is no "check in time at the terminal". You check in weeks prior to your sail date and choose an arrival time, which may or may not be enforced.

And you mine. I can arrive anytime. Will I be checked in by the terminal employee if I show up earlier than the time I selected, most likely. I'm very familiar with the online or app check in process of 45 days prior to the sail date.