Crystal & Nobu host launch event for Umi Uma in NYC - lots of photos!

Stickman1990

Crystal hosted an event for influencers in NYC with Nobu to showcase the new Uni Uma offering - it’s all on Instagram but for those who don’t use Instagram here’s a selection of posts and photos of the fabulous dishes to whet your appetite

Looks like some great dishes are returning and that Crystal marketing is now swinging into action. The reach these influencers have and their comments will really get the word out that Crystal is back!

(This post should really come with a warning that it WILL make you book a Crystal cruise if you like Nobu’s dishes)

Enjoy - so what’s your favourite Umi Uma dish?

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0457.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

IMG_0465.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0468.jpeg

IMG_0469.jpeg

IMG_0470.jpeg

IMG_0471.jpeg

IMG_0472.jpeg

IMG_0473.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks

I'd bet a good percent of Crystal passengers aren't instagram users so if this is going to be the communications media they will miss a lot of customers.

Interesting in one picture it titles as Crystal Cruises - though the company was only Crystal now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ctjon said:

I'd bet a good percent of Crystal passengers aren't instagram users so if this is going to be the communications media they will miss a lot of customers.

Maybe the net is cast a little wider than existing customers

Crystal’s Instagram account has 85,000 followers, their Facebook account has 404,000

I’d say either of those platforms has a greater reach for existing and potential Crystal customers than a niche internet cruising forum such as Cruise Critic

The influencers who attended will have tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of followers - that’s additional reach for them to potential new customers 

I think the world is moving and Crystals marketing needs to move with it 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Thanks for sharing, Terry. 

lt would be more fun sitting at a table in Umi Uma checking the menu out. Enjoy your cruises coming up - we have to wait a while before we’ll get back onboard 

• Like 1

Aloha.  Thank you for sharing. We frequent Nobu in New York and used to in Honolulu although they have closed. My parents loved Crystal and I am happy they are returning to sail with a Nobu onboard. I posted recently my gratitude to Keith for all his posts and hard work and I equally thank you for the pictures!

Great pics, thanks for posting! And it's making me crave some good sushi. Hard to find a decent sushi restaurant down here in Mexico. The only time I get sushi anymore is when I catch the fish myself! That's a Mahi Mahi in my profile photo - I caught that one off the coast near Puerto Vallarta. That sushi was as fresh as it gets! But nothing like the sushi from Nobu, which involves lots of prep and ingredients I can't get down here. 😉 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

lt would be more fun sitting at a table in Umi Uma checking the menu out. Enjoy your cruises coming up - we have to wait a while before we’ll get back onboard 

Excellent post

Thanks for the information 

• Thanks 1

• Members

Hi there! 

Cruise Critic was also at the event, and it was a nice one. Really, a lot of excitement for this relaunch. It was nice to hear Nobu himself say such nice things about Umi Uma. 

We've written up our article, also with some photos: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/crystal-relaunch-partnership-with-sushi-master-chef-nobu-matshuisa-on-revamped-cruise-ships. (Some of my Instagram photos are shared above; I'm @chrisgrayfaust.) 

Cruise Critic will have editors onboard Serenity right before the first sailing and on Symphony for the first sailing. 

Chris 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Influencers.  I hate that term and I really doubt the influencers are not in the demographic or psychographic of the typical Crystal cruiser.  Perhaps Crystal should instal “Selfie Spots” around the ships.  Perhaps they can be sure that the coasters in the bars be embossed with, “remember to include @crystal, like and # on your IG”. Yup, I can definitely see influencers in Crystal’s future.  I would be curious as to which influencers Crystal forum members/posters follow on IG.  I can tell you mine, oh wait, that would be none.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cruisr said:

Influencers.  I hate that term and I really doubt the influencers are not in the demographic or psychographic of the typical Crystal cruiser.  Perhaps Crystal should instal “Selfie Spots” around the ships.  Perhaps they can be sure that the coasters in the bars be embossed with, “remember to include @crystal, like and # on your IG”. Yup, I can definitely see influencers in Crystal’s future.  I would be curious as to which influencers Crystal forum members/posters follow on IG.  I can tell you mine, oh wait, that would be none.

Yep, we aren't the "demographic"! When people ask what's an influencer, I say, I think the first influencers were the Kardasians and then they get it!! 🤣

Patty

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...