Aqua class Water Benefit

tiffcruisers

We are excited to be sailing Aqua class on the Ascent December 23.

First time in Aqua class and we are wondering if the daily water service is only the canned water provided in the classic beverage package?

We have classic beverage and I do wish premium water was included. Just wondering if other options are included in the daily water service provided

with Aqua class.

as gold1953 said, it is water in a can.  If you open the bottled water, you will be charged even with a premium drink package.     (we opened one on embarkation day as no other water and got billed. CS removed the charge)

• Like 1

My trick to make the aluminum tinned bottled water more palatable is to pour it in my travel bottles & keep it in the fridge. Never felt the need for expensive ‘premium’ water once I started doing that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrgabriel said:

My trick to make the aluminum tinned bottled water more palatable is to pour it in my travel bottles & keep it in the fridge. Never felt the need for expensive ‘premium’ water once I started doing that. 

I do that as well.  I also take one of those round rubber jar openers as I have cut myself trying to open their sharp tops.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tiffcruisers said:

We are excited to be sailing Aqua class on the Ascent December 23.

First time in Aqua class and we are wondering if the daily water service is only the canned water provided in the classic beverage package?

We have classic beverage and I do wish premium water was included. Just wondering if other options are included in the daily water service provided

with Aqua class.

No, the included package is classic, so you get classic water in cans.

• Like 1

Yes the included classic drinks package is for the canned water, but you can get more than the one can daily in your cabin by going to any bar and ordering them on you drinks package and taking back to your cabin. I was surprised on the Equinox last month, the canned water no longer had the tin can taste I experienced before on earlier Celebrity cruises. I was told by the beverage manager that Celebrity had recently changed vendors after numerous complaints about the taste of the water in a can.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 3

Even though we always have Premium Packages I often drink the melted ice water.    In my humble opinion it tastes as good or better than the stuff in the can (which is filtered water). 

My preference is for San Pellegrino.      I also like to take the canned water with us when on excursions.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Yes the included classic drinks package is for the canned water, but you can get more than the one can daily in your cabin by going to any bar and ordering them on you drinks package and taking back to your cabin. I was surprised on the Equinox last month, the canned water no longer had the tin can taste I experienced before on earlier Celebrity cruises. I was told by the beverage manager that Celebrity had recently changed vendors after numerous complaints about the taste of the water in a can.

I thought the water tasted better as well.  It also seemed easier to open - I didn't cut my hand like I have on the original cans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Your stateroom attendant brings TWO cans waters everyday even when solo or even if you didn’t drink the ones left the day before

we were 2 people and got 2 cans and yes even if we didn't drink the prior cans. We were on a move up bid so no drink package. We had to collect water in the happy hour time for extras

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I thought the water tasted better as well.  It also seemed easier to open - I didn't cut my hand like I have on the original cans.

i agree anout easier opening of the cans

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

i agree anout easier opening of the cans

You must be among the lucky not having arthritis in the hands.  We struggled at times opening the cans.

• Like 1

We did Aqua on the Reflection last year and had 2 aluminum bottles of water delivered every day - even if we hadn't consumed the prior ones. We had the premium beverage package and brought Evian water from the bars as we did not enjoy the taste of the canned water and disliked being cut in our lips when trying to drink from the cans... At one point we started to bring the cans to leave them in public areas as it seems as if our room steward got paid for each can he delivered to our room, regardless of us not drinking them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keesar said:

You must be among the lucky not having arthritis in the hands.  We struggled at times opening the cans.

Actually I do have some arthritis in one hand.  Not sure when you sailed, but maybe you got one of the original cans.  The current ones are easier to open than the ones they originally had.  Try bringing a rubber jar opener - it helps me a lot (although I usually don't need it anymore on the newer versions)

43 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Actually I do have some arthritis in one hand.  Not sure when you sailed, but maybe you got one of the original cans.  The current ones are easier to open than the ones they originally had.  Try bringing a rubber jar opener - it helps me a lot (although I usually don't need it anymore on the newer versions)

We sailed on the Beyond this year.  Bartenders were giving some cans a little twist of the cap for some cruisers as an assist.

I was in Aqua Class during one of the President's cruises. Someone asked in a Q&A session why they have not included bottled water in Aqua Class. LLP responded that she didn't understand, but the bottled water was restored for that cruise only. I did a B2B in Aqua Class and the bottled water was discontinued in the cruise that followed and it vanished in the cruises that followed. I always have the premium package so stopping at a bar is not a problem.

• Like 1

Hope this doesn't break the rules about hijacking thread but my question is about water and everyone is mostly talking about water not just  aqua class....

We ONLY drink water, have classic packages, WONT drink can water... Would celebrity let me convert my classic packages to Zero proof  packages that DO include bottled water?? Figure it's a win money wise for then... ps I WONT drink tap water either, encase your suggestion might be remove classic packages and drink tap