Equinox or Reflection?

hrmkr

Hello,

I have not yet sailed on Celebrity.  Been on Carnival, NCL and Royal.

Looking at 2 cruises in Feb.  Trying to decide between an 8 day on the Reflection (ABC islands) and a 9 day on Equinox (ABC islands and Grand Cayman).  I was able to get very good prices for both cruises.  Small difference in price between the 2.

Which ship do people prefer? Please give pros/cons for either.

Thank you for your help!

Take the 9 day cruise.  Either ship will be fine. However, some people who have cruised both ships prefer Equinox for the full forward Sky Lounge. On Reflection, about 1/3 of that lounge was taken away and large suites built in that space. Otherwise, these are sister ships and very alike in design. 

• Like 1

I vote for Equinox for several reasons.  First, she is my favorite Celebrity ship!  They are also close enough in size and design that I would go for one extra day.  I personally couldn't care less about either the Lawn Club Grill or the glass blowing so that is a wash for me.  If in Aqua Class, be aware that there are more AQ cabins on Reflection but the Blu dining room is the same size so it feels more crowded than the one on Equinox.  But I would be happy on either.  In fact I am sailing Reflection in November and Equinox in January!

• Like 1

Equinox is revolutionized.  Reflection is not.  We have sailed both ships and prefer the Equinox.  There are more cabins on the Reflection and there isn’t more space, so it felt more crowded to us.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

Equinox is revolutionized.  Reflection is not.  We have sailed both ships and prefer the Equinox.  There are more cabins on the Reflection and there isn’t more space, so it felt more crowded to us.

Was is Revolutionized?  Is that the same as refurbished?  I know that Reflection was in dry dock in 2022 and Equinox in 2019.

On EQ  the decor in MIchail's Club was changed to that of the Retreat Lounge and was so renamed. Deck 16 was converted to the Retreat Sun deck. Neither of these changes has anything to do with cabins other than suites. The Sun deck has very little shade, no bar, no dining area and no water feature. Not very inviting.  So, EQ is partially "revolutionized".  RF was indeed refurbished...freshened up. 

Not all of the cabins on Equinox were updated.  Those updated were generally Concierge, Aqua and above.  If you are cruising Aqua class, I would go with Equinox.  If in a Suite. go for Reflection.  Reflection does have a more crowded feeling but it is a great ship as well.  

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

April 11, 2024 she sails to Lisbon.  Eventually she does alternating cruises starting in Rome and ending in Barcelona and vice versa.  Then I’m November 2024 she’s going to Argentina.

They move her around a lot. We will be on the Barcelona to Rome in June.