Blu: You can have 2 lobster tails, no extra charge

fstuff1

59 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

On Solstice in June I only got one, but it came with a steak, so I wasn’t complaining.

Did you ask for two?  I've asked for three, they brought out two and said IF I finish these two and still want a third they'd get me another

In Blu, is it the good lobster or the bad lobster?  Cold water, warm water?  Isn't cold water "better"?

I still don't understand why people like it so much.  But I've been forcing myself to try it.  

From the University of Maine website:  Lobsters are also cannibalistic and sometimes will eat other lobsters.  Even lobsters like lobster!!!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Did you ask for two?  I've asked for three, they brought out two and said IF I finish these two and still want a third they'd get me another

Don't you always complain about the nasty spiny lobster?   But yet you eat three?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Pretty sure I was given the choice, steak and lobster tail or two tails and no steak. Of course, these days you never know if it’s a supply chain issue, a training issue, or a policy.  

Edited by Mark_K

58 minutes ago, 39august said:

I ask for melted butter instead. Sauce when I tried it was bland and added nothing to the flavor.

Good idea.  The main value of those lobster tails is as an excuse to eat butter.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

In Blu, is it the good lobster or the bad lobster?  Cold water, warm water?  Isn't cold water "better"?

The "lobster' is the tasteless warm water lobster.  You have to ask for melted butter to give it some taste.  Won't eat a second but have been offered numerous times.

11 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Good idea.  The main value of those lobster tails is as an excuse to eat butter.

Just like escargot.

Would you like to have some texture with that garlic butter? :)

Edited by fstuff1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2023 at 2:58 PM, Whinenowine said:

Cream sauce?? So much for Blu being somewhat health conscious!  😁

It is ridiculous to think of Blu as a healthier restaurant than others on the ship. Cute marketing concept when AQ class was first introduced...that's about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

On another thread people were posting about being charged for a second lobster in Luminae.  Can't personally comment as I have not experienced it - just passing along info I've read here on CC.

Reading this forum, it does seem as though Celebrity's left hand does not know what it's right hand is doing.

It also seems as if those two hands might not be on the same planet. 

The photo is the original post is not a pair of spiny lobster tails, but a pair of North Atlantic (Canada, Maine) lobster tails.  I'm not sure who had the "bad" warm water lobster, but it was not the person who took the picture in the original post.

Blu does, overall, have a somewhat lighter menu, if only from an environmental standpoint.   Less red meat, a greater variety of vegetables, less deep-fried food.   Maybe lower sodium, but I'm really not sure about that.  If they went much further, people would be complaining about food quality, as it is harder to make a flavorful meal using little to no fat.

For some people, every cruise starts with a big, juicy piece of prime rib.   I think that's the type of thing Blu plays down.    I've had some really good meals in the MDR and some really good meals in Blu.   I, generally, prefer the smaller dining room with a better staff to customer ratio, but find both venues to have some better points.

Happy cruising everyone.