Changes to Shareholder Benefits for bookings made after 1 June 2023

On 10/15/2023 at 5:58 PM, firefly333 said:

I have 3 cruises booked in 2025. I think 2 of them I already got obc applied. The 4 day utopia was added later and doesnt have it yet for feb 2025. Doesnt matter how far out you can apply now for obc.

I haven’t seen this thread in a long time, so I apologize if this has been answered somewhere…we’re also on Utopia in Feb 2025 and although I usually apply for the OBC as soon as I book, I didn’t yet for this cruise.  Have you been able to get the OBC for Utopia?

Assuming the shareholder benefit program is similar to Carnival's, it is in place for one year at a time, reviewed and renewed each year when the annual shareholder report is published. This would explain the dates being updated annually, even if the program remains the same.

Though unlike Carnival, it's based on booking date, not cruise date. Their benefits currently apply to all cruises sailing up to July 31, 2024. I must wait for the 2023 annual report publication to apply for credit for my August 2024 cruise.

For my upcoming Celebrity cruise, I applied for the credit on Sunday evening and got a confirmation showing the credit yesterday. The updated amount does show in my cruise planner.

Edited by cyntil8ing

32 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Yes, it will show up in the Cruise Planner, so you can use it pre-cruise on excursions, etc.

Second question will onboard credit from travel agent show there also? I’m missing $50 from travel agent. That is also the same amount of my stock credit. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

Second question will onboard credit from travel agent show there also? I’m missing $50 from travel agent. That is also the same amount of my stock credit. Thanks.

No that usually shows up on Day 2 of the cruise. At least with my TA that’s how it has been. 

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

Assuming the shareholder benefit program is similar to Carnival's, it is in place for one year at a time, reviewed and renewed each year when the annual shareholder report is published. This would explain the dates being updated annually, even if the program remains the same.

Though unlike Carnival, it's based on booking date, not cruise date. Their benefits currently apply to all cruises sailing up to July 31, 2024. I must wait for the 2023 annual report publication to apply for credit for my August 2024 cruise.

Incorrect. I already have my shareholder OBC for my sailings in March and April 2025

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

Incorrect. I already have my shareholder OBC for my sailings in March and April 2025

Same here, I've gotten my shareholder benefit for Explorer 11 days sailing on January 5, 2025.  

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I haven’t seen this thread in a long time, so I apologize if this has been answered somewhere…we’re also on Utopia in Feb 2025 and although I usually apply for the OBC as soon as I book, I didn’t yet for this cruise.  Have you been able to get the OBC for Utopia?

Yes

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Same here, I've gotten my shareholder benefit for Explorer 11 days sailing on January 5, 2025.  

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

Congratulations. Your 2025 cruises aren't on Carnival. I was commenting on the differences in the programs.

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We were able to get our shareholder applied for the Utopia for January 2025, no problems at all.  It wasn’t on the form, so I just submitted an email.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Congratulations. Your 2025 cruises aren't on Carnival. I was commenting on the differences in the programs.

You said “Assuming the shareholder benefit program is similar to Carnival's, it is in place for one year at a time, reviewed and renewed each year when the annual shareholder report is published.”… we are simply advising it is not. 

On 8/16/2023 at 9:49 AM, Wineaux007 said:

I know this may be hard to read, but I can't figure out how to blow it up.  Bottom line from what I am reading changes made for bookings made after 1 June 2023.  Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.  I suppose this means that shareholder OBC can no longer be used for gratuities, and you can no longer use it for purchases in the cruise planner such as internet, drink packages, excursions, and the like.  

image.thumb.jpeg.528e9962b4d99223b49a00ce37034e29.jpeg

I just used my SH credit to buy the bev pkg for Oct 2024. It was in my cruise planner.  No issues using it at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Yes, the ship is not listed in the drop down menu so I selected Adventure but put in the reservation number for Utopia and her sail date.  approved 2 days later and OBC is in my planner

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I havent yet applied for utopia. I have applied for the week before, bella2 on wonder, then we booked utopia.  Onboard harmony so cant do anything right now. But I do have obc for wonder. The week before. 

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I havent yet applied for utopia. I have applied for the week before, bella2 on wonder, then we booked utopia.  Onboard harmony so cant do anything right now. But I do have obc for wonder. The week before. 

I also have it for Bella 2 on Wonder, but not Utopia since it was still greyed out in the app

I sent a request in yesterday am.  I usually get an automated response very quickly, but I have not received anything.  I know they say not to resend, but may have to resend if I don't hear anything by mid next week.

This is the first time I've had any issues.  I always send an email request.