Is the Havana Experience worth it (inside cabin)?

Cruisegoer

Looking at the new Jubilee and noticing prices between regular interiors and Havana interiors are pretty close, I realize you get use of the "private pool" but on the deck plans it looks relatively tiny.  Not sure what other perks might be included so appreciate any thoughts on those who've purchased the Havana experience if it's worth it IYHO?

• Like 2

You don’t get any perks other than quick access to the outdoors, comfortable seating areas with sun or shade, a private bar and a tiny pool.  If the cost difference is minimal, I would go for it.  But I enjoy some quiet time on a cruise to just watch the water, and to me this would help balance being in an interior cabin. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Not on an Excel class ship....that pool is pitiful. If it were on Vista/Horizon/Panorama, I would say absolutely, but they ruined the Havana experience on Mardi Gras/Celebration/Jubilee. 

Agree. The Havana interior I had on Horizon was wonderful. and totally worth it.  The Excel class ships- no way.

• Like 2

I have had both the Havana Cabana on the Vista and Havana interior on Panorama.  Because of being so close to the Havana area an interior room works great.  We are in an interior Havana room on the Vista in October.  I highly recommend Havana on Vista class ship.

• Like 1

Yes. We booked an interior Havana cabin on our Horizon 2022 cruise. Loved everything about it. Have it booked again for Horizon and Vista next year.

We didn't book it for our Mardi Gras cruise this year though. After seeing the renderings, we opted not to get it. That said, we ended up regretting not doing it. We figured Serenity could substitute it, but it didn't even come close. Next time we go on that class of ship, we will book Havana. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I've done Havana on both Vista and Mardi Gras.  Vista - awesome.  Mardi Gras.... best thing is the location.  I still enjoyed the Havana on Mardi Gras but there simply is no comparison.

Agreed, done both.  Vista class better, but Havana on Excel class still good.

50 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Isn't there an inside bar (open to all) and an outside bar that is exclusive to Havana guests?  I recall that setup from the Horizon and the MG.  

Correct. 😎

• Like 1

It's worth it on Excel class even just to have a quiet  place to sit. We walked up to main pool deck for lunch and it was such a circus we were thankful to have our private area. The pool may be tiny and pitiful but those main pools are so overcrowded. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Looking at the new Jubilee and noticing prices between regular interiors and Havana interiors are pretty close, I realize you get use of the "private pool" but on the deck plans it looks relatively tiny.  Not sure what other perks might be included so appreciate any thoughts on those who've purchased the Havana experience if it's worth it IYHO?

No, it's not really worth it on the 3 Excel Class ships (Jubilee, Celebration, Mardi Gras).  But it is 100% worth it on the 3 Vista Class ships (Vista, Horizon, Panorama).  On the Vista Class you get a good sized pool as well as two larger hot tubs and two tiki huts to soak your feet and relax.  On the Excel Class you get a postage stamp sized pool only.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

2 hours ago, Alegeeter said:

It's worth it on Excel class even just to have a quiet  place to sit. We walked up to main pool deck for lunch and it was such a circus we were thankful to have our private area. The pool may be tiny and pitiful but those main pools are so overcrowded. 

There are plenty of quiet places on the Excel Class ships to relax.  You don't need to pay 500++ extra to do so.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

There are plenty of quiet places on the Excel Class ships to relax.  You don't need to pay 500++ extra to do so.

OP said the price between a regular interior and a Havana interior was pretty close.  I don’t think that means $500 more.  

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

OP said the price between a regular interior and a Havana interior was pretty close.  I don’t think that means $500 more.  

Go ahead and do a comparison on a handful of sailings.  I'm pretty spot on with my assumption.  I just did a quick comparison in order to prove my point.  A sailing in October of 2024 on the Horizon, the difference was 580.  In June of 2024, the difference was 850.  These were each 8 night sailings.  We've cruised in the Havana area twice prior to the shutdown, so we're familiar with the pricing.

Carnival introduces a great concept -Havana Vista Class-and then drops the ball. This is why we can't have nice things. Just got back from Vista and an Aft Balcony which is probably the only reason I would sail Carnival in the future. Or at least until they solve the lack of available pools for 5,000 cruisers