Another website glitch…

MeganGC1983

9 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Did someone say something about removing tips? 

Apparently on other social.media platforms there are people threatening to do remove tips. My suspicion is its just people stirring up drama. Or its the same group of people you always see at lining up at guest services every cruise to remove tips just because the are cheap asshats.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

Apparently on other social.media platforms there are people threatening to do remove tips. My suspicion is its just people stirring up drama. Or its the same group of people you always see at lining up at guest services every cruise to remove tips just because the are cheap asshats.

Gotcha. I'm not on those other platforms, so if I don’t read it here, I don’t read it, lol.

Agree absolutely not a reason to remove tips - computer glitch and how it's handled has zero connection to how frequently ones gets towels in their cabin or how long they wait for their dessert, both things that could impact tips.

Geez...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

It appears that Carnival is letting the one day price purchase stand. But, for only ONE day, the first one. Cancellation is still an option, it appears. No email for explanation. 

Then you can't buy it in advance online for the rest of the cruise. People would get stuck paying the higher price. Not fair since the glitch one day price is no cheaper at all.

I don't see how this discount code would work anyway. Or are they doing away with that? What if you brought it for several people in one transaction? Is there one code per transaction or one pp? What if you got it for two people in one cabin separately? Are there two codes? lol. Plus there are people onboard who I know that's been using it mightily since yesterday when they boarded 🤪

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

Then you can't buy it in advance online for the rest of the cruise. People would get stuck paying the higher price. Not fair since the glitch one day price is no cheaper at all.

I don't see how this discount code would work anyway. Or are they doing away with that? What if you brought it for several people in one transaction? Is there one code per transaction or one pp? What if you got it for two people in one cabin separately? Are there two codes? lol. Plus there are people onboard who I know that's been using it mightily since yesterday when they boarded 🤪

They need to send out some type of communication for the glitch.

They should honor there mistake instead of whistling dixie.

Ships are running at full capacity now so

this not a going to loose any significant revenue and will only increase brand loyalty

John H needs to make it right for his customers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

No explanation given. Cancelling these ; worthless.

The email carnival is sending out supposedly has a discount code. Agree worthless if you dont want to buy cheers at almost full price. It was fun for a few hours to think we scored. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

this not a going to loose any significant revenue and will only increase brand loyalty

JH isnt the one making the decisions. He is just the messenger.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

I agree with every word. They're twisting themselves in knots over their mistake. That they left up for like 12 hours to boot!

People will just spend more onboard. Maybe even book another cruise with the savings. This coupon code/refund stuff ain't it!

3 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

I agree with every word. They're twisting themselves in knots over their mistake. That they left up for like 12 hours to boot!

People will just spend more onboard. Maybe even book another cruise with the savings. This coupon code/refund stuff ain't it!

Come on. It was clearly a mistake. it is not the end of the world.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Same thing happened a few months ago on sister line Princess where a system glitch allowed me to book a cruise with Princess Plus included, which was basically much less than what it should have cost. 
1) Of course they didn’t offer it and didn’t offer me any discount code

2) They didn’t even appreciate me bringing it to their attention

3) But they did use my info to update the system a few weeks later

Basically we ended up booking a Celebrity cruise instead of Princess for Jan 2025 as I felt very disrespected.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The old adage still applies--- when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Most out here booked cheers knowing full well it was an error and are now crying a river about the cancellation. I will get out my violin and play you a sad tune. Life goes on. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

The old adage still applies--- when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Most out here booked cheers knowing full well it was an error and are now crying a river about the cancellation. I will get out my violin and play you a sad tune. Life goes on. 

Only one or two are crying foul. The rest of us understand and have accepted it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On the one hand I can see not having to honor an obvious glitch, but their site does seem to have an awful lot of obvious glitches. I once got a piece of furniture for about 2/3 price because it was mislabeled. There is a longer story which isn't relevant, but the store had to honor the price because of a consumer protection law. That being said, the cruise contract specifies jurisdiction and even if it didn't internet law is hardly a settled matter with states arguing over who is in charge and where the internet resides. 

Now since some folks wanted a conspiracy theory, here is mine (completely tongue in cheek). It is not that they were going to survive on all these sales, they just needed to show a good number for single day income. So, they release a glitch, count it as a statistic, then issue the refunds they knew they were going to have to anyway, but do so quietly.

• Thanks 1

I just went and looked at my cruise manager in regards to the Cheers program, and this is what came up. I guess they're still working on how to deal with this, as according to them I've already purchased it and can't add it to my cart...

Screenshot_20230828-160926.thumb.png.ffc2c702e210bd6da4013e24080a3146.png

Screenshot_20230828-160944.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, joe/jack said:

If this costs Carnival any customers, those customers were worthless anyway.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, joe/jack said:

They made it right