Diamond Plus BOGO - later in the week

7 hours ago, jamon said:

When you use the bogo offer, is there a gratuity that you have to pay, or is that included in the offer???

18% is added to the price you pay as a gratuity.  Since you are paying half, it’s appropriate (not required) to add a little extra.  I always tip extra in cash as it has a better chance of actually going to the server.

12 hours ago, molly361 said:

And I WAS allowed to use mine night 2 and night 7 on the 8/27 Wonder sailing.  Weird

On Oasis August 20 sail, I was able to use it on night 2 & 5.  However, the Maitre D screwed up the reservations on the 2nd part of the BOGO rather than Giovanni's he booked Chop's again.  Able to fix it, but a t a much later time.  We had a total party of 8.

There are times that some Maitre Ds at SR seem disinterested and occasionally not being familiar with the program.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 10:32 AM, firefly333 said:

I booked one night 1 and 2nd night 4. .. my night 4 mysteriously got changed to a late unacceptable time night 2 I was saying on my allure thread. No notice .., just noticed it on the app or id have totally missed the change. Theoretically yes.

Wonder what would have happened if you showed up on the 4th night.🤣

8 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

We just got off Oasis.  Boarding was on a Sunday.  We wanted to use it for Izumi Sushi on Tuesday night and they would not let us, even if we booked and paid in advance on Sunday.  

Could be as @2chiefs inferred, BOGO availability on any night other than 1/2 may depend on the level of pre-bookings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

We just got off Oasis.  Boarding was on a Sunday.  We wanted to use it for Izumi Sushi on Tuesday night and they would not let us, even if we booked and paid in advance on Sunday.  

We could not use one of our BOGOs at Izumi on Quantum last month.  They said at the time that it was because Izumi was charged ala carte.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

We could not use one of our BOGOs at Izumi on Quantum last month.  They said at the time that it was because Izumi was charged ala carte.

They would not let us use it on Grandeur in March either.  We had been trying to use it Night 1 or 2.  They did not give me a reason, just that it was only available at Chops or Giovanni's

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 5:36 AM, nelblu said:

Wonder what would have happened if you showed up on the 4th night.🤣

Before I posted that the bean counters had sent the fleet wide memo another lady had talked to friends on 5 others ships and confirmed for bogo it was being strictly enforced.

My guess is if they had more opening they would sell more UDP plans instead of cutting them off. 

22 minutes ago, ATLgirl15 said:

Sailed Harmony last month and was able to use it later in the week. We did pay on night 2 but used it night 5.  

Just had a similar experience on Grandeur.  Required to pay on day 2 for a BOGO for night 4.  Kind of a pain but it worked.

On 9/25/2023 at 9:22 PM, JessyCruises said:

There was a fleet wide memo went out from the bean counters week before last, so it's a new policy. Not to name names but it was confirmed on 6 ships that first week it was being enforced and even when I mentioned that the bean counters are saying it is mandatory for ships to enforce day 1 or 2 for bogo ... even then I see 6 posts four score and 7 months ago. .. 

People giving examples from before this memo came out are ignoring the new directive. It's great to live in the past, but doesnt really deal with this new bean counter directive. I got off allure today and it was enforced both weeks, and I'm solo. Had to eat night 1 and 2. No exceptions.

Shouldn't probably mention I got sick, idk if covid but couldn't eat night 2, reserved 150. Lol the mgr made strangling motions around his neck said mgmt was strangling him on this. We compromised and he sent the whole meal to my cabin. I would have thrown up had I tried to eat dinner. No exceptions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Just had a similar experience on Grandeur.  Required to pay on day 2 for a BOGO for night 4.  Kind of a pain but it worked.

Nice they allowed even that much. I'm sure there are going to be even more exceptions allowed like yours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

There was a fleet wide memo went out from the bean counters week before last, so it's a new policy. Not to name names but it was confirmed on 6 ships that first week it was being enforced and even when I mentioned that the bean counters are saying it is mandatory for ships to enforce day 1 or 2 for bogo ... even then I see 6 posts four score and 7 months ago. .. 

People giving examples from before this memo came out are ignoring the new directive. It's great to live in the past, but doesnt really deal with this new bean counter directive. I got off allure today and it was enforced both weeks, and I'm solo. Had to eat night 1 and 2. No exceptions.

Shouldn't probably mention I got sick, idk if covid but couldn't eat night 2, reserved 150. Lol the mgr made strangling motions around his neck said mgmt was strangling him on this. We compromised and he sent the whole meal to my cabin. I would have thrown up had I tried to eat dinner. No exceptions.

Hopefully you are feeling better!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JessyCruises said:

Hopefully you are feeling better!

Oh I feel fine, but I coughed several nights. Felt bad for my neighbors. And that pull apart bread was delicious 24 hours later. I got saucers and paper cups and managed to stuff it into my refrigerator and then had to air the smell of food out of my cabin. 

Allure is allowing no exceptions and we talked to folks on other ships also saying strictly enforced as of the week before last. The memo just went out so the bean counters are saying it's not allowed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TPA2005 said:

Currently on Independence 4 nt. It was a No at Giovanni's and Chops so we just used one for Giovanni's night 2. Excellent meal.

At least you enjoyed your meal. We had two excellent meals there on Indy last year. Looking forward to one on Allure at the end of this month.