Soft serve ice cream

Grobi

12 minutes ago, Grobi said:

Before covid, you were allowed to take a soft serve ice cream yourself, but after covid, the employee gives. I wonder if this has changed yet? In December we are going to the Independence of the Seas.

On all my cruises since the restart, staff served the ice cream. Frankly, I prefer it this way....it eliminates not only germs but a lot of waste - especially from the kiddos whose parents let them run wild and free.

• Like 4

I have a feeling this is permanent.  Too much waste with people doing it themselves.  Cones pulled but not used and ice cream stacked so high it fell over and people had to start again. 

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The soft serve in wipe out cafe says closed go to pool location where a staff served it. 

A casualty of ELF probably. I don't want ice cream people getting in the way of my tacos anyway.

I'm not all that into soft-serve, but my husband is.  Lately we've seen a staff member serving cones.  Yes, it's a little slower, but we prefer it: 

- It reduces the people (not only children) who try to make the world's tallest ice cream cone, then spill it on the floor. 

- It's just cleaner.  The crew member wears gloves, and it's only his hands touching the machine.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, little britain said:

Self serve at the WJ machines on Jewel this week.  I get a bowl of ice cream 🍨 and add a cookie 🍪😋

My wife does that. She tried making an ice cream sandwich on CocoCay but it melts way too fast in the summer, lol.