🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

We had an uneventful flight which is always the goal.  Arrived around 2:45 pm, Ubered to the Hilton Marina and room was ready.  The only negative? The zipper pulls on one of our suitcases we’re completely torn off so the zipper is no good. Thank goodness I had luggage straps on it!  So we walked a half mile up the road to a TJ Max and bought a new suitcase.  Had dinner at Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill (amazing burgers - thank you @A&L_Ont) in the same plaza.  Currently enjoying a Cosmo back at the Hilton.  

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We had an uneventful flight which is always the goal.  Arrived around 2:45 pm, Ubered to the Hilton Marina and room was ready.  The only negative? The zipper pulls on one of our suitcases we’re completely torn off so the zipper is no good. Thank goodness I had luggage straps on it!  So we walked a half mile up the road to a TJ Max and bought a new suitcase.  Had dinner at Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill (amazing burgers - thank you @A&L_Ont) in the same plaza.  Currently enjoying a Cosmo back at the Hilton.  

We had that happen one time with our toiletry bag. The side was ripped open. No TJ Maxx or Ross, but there was a Walgreens where we could purchase duct tape. It wasn't pretty, but it was a Canal cruise back to San Francisco. Now we just leave the duct tape in the bag. ☺️

• Like 5

@Sea Dog I also remember from another cruise, make sure you stay hydrated!  (And I don’t mean just bourbon or tiki drinks…😊)

Just saw your dinner post.  Lukewarm fries happen often enough that when our plates are delivered we touch them to check before the server leaves.

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog I also remember from another cruise, make sure you stay hydrated!  (And I don’t mean just bourbon or tiki drinks…😊)

Just saw your dinner post.  Lukewarm fries happen often enough that when our plates are delivered we touch them to check before the server leaves.

Yes, and then when they bring back the hot fries like this............

Waitress Spitting In Burger Stock Photo - Download Image Now - Food,  Spitting, Beef - iStock

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

On my FB memories 5 years ago, was dinner at Gilbert’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Do sorry about the suitcase. Will your travel insurance cover it?

15 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes I am being a good boy. Dessert at the Cheesecake Factory.

IMG_2443.thumb.jpeg.6db2f7c4e94c28fbf6543b2019cb3974.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

“My bags are packed and I am ready to go…”. My favorite travel song!  See you soon @Sea Dog, @Momof3gurlz, @Husky1987 and @mo&fran!31BC3863-2DC1-4861-BF6C-2E27DE325F12.thumb.jpeg.c259e6827a408a0f1e2ed1fe880aabeb.jpeg

@jmh2006 @Momof3gurlz @mo&fran @Sea Dog

Just waiting to throw the toiletry bag there in the morning…ready to leave for SeaTac at 5:30am tomorrow!!  IMG_4367.thumb.jpeg.c06743c587fb15c14352e75e90c5ca9e.jpeg

Although our goodest girl Stevie Nixx isn’t too excited…she always seems to sense when we’re leaving.

IMG_4368.thumb.jpeg.5e2c716156beacb8aadc728fac08b765.jpeg

• Like 20

11 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Thanks. We saw your pictures from LaSagrada Familia and thought they were wonderful. We are arriving 3 days before the cruise and will be visiting there on Friday.

I think we might run into each other? 😃

• Like 2

I missed being here yesterday due to some good family travel being planned. Eight pages of the Soggy Sea Dog later……   I had a lot of catching up to do here! I’m not going to let that happen again!

I’m glad to be joining @Sea Dog and friends on this cruise. Seems like it’s going to be a lot of fun. 😄 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog What are the plans tomorrow in Fort Lauderdale?

Going to try and play it by ear but one thing on the list is to get a day ticket for the water taxi and cruise up and down the river to look at all the houses I will never own and yachts that I will never own also. May do some shopping along Las Olas Blvd. They have a Tommy Bahama store by the hotel. We may try and work our way over to the beach area. I need to not over stress the knee so a lot of walking will not be in the forecast.

Breakfast at a great diner down the street called the Floridian. I saw Crab Benedict on the menu. And then reservations at the Boathouse restaurant on the River for our anniversary celebration.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 18