New Elite benefit

cbfb

20 minutes ago, jking325y said:

I’m E+ and traveling with a friend with no status.  Will she be able to come to the lounge with me?  If so, how does that work for drinks?

The few times I had a roommate, I was always able to have her accompany me to the happy hour.  Just let the captains club concierge know (or whatever they're called) who checks everyone's card at the door.  Once past the door, no one checks cards for the happy hours beverage orders, unless you order something not on the HH drink menu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I thought Michael's Club was for Retreat guests. I don't think that ever went away.

As @hcat explained, Michael's Club used to be the place for Captain's Club daily events. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres from 5-7, then in the evening there would be music,

If Perry Grant was performing on the ship, it would be packed for his shows - and he was a real hoot. Very clubby and intimate. I just remember hours of laughter in there. Now as the Retreat Lounge it's a bit ... dull ... by comparison. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Unless you want to join us for some camaraderie and chit chat!!! We always get the drink package so we don't need it either, but we like to socialize with frequent cruisers.

that's the idea! we'll try before dinner!

another possible space on E Class might be upper level at the Club..??

i think X may be doing this to relieve crowdjng at  some of the bars during prime time?,?

2 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

If Perry Grant was performing on the ship, it would be packed for his shows - and he was a real hoot. Very clubby and intimate. I just remember hours of laughter in there. Now as the Retreat Lounge it's a bit ... dull ... by comparison. 

He was entertaining on our Alaskan B2B in the Schooner Bar on Quantum of the Seas  in August / September 2022.  Very entertaining and played to a packed bar (SRO every night). 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

He was entertaining on our Alaskan B2B in the Schooner Bar on Quantum of the Seas  in August / September 2022.  Very entertaining and played to a packed bar (SRO every night). 

That may convince me to try a Royal Caribbean cruise again! 

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Did not take long for the "boo birds" to come out. It's human nature that for some folks, anything is not enough. Not the right venue, not the right time, not the right amount of time, not the right food, not the right drink, not the right presentation, not the right lighting, not the right deck, not the right temperature..........I'm sure I missed some. Probably the best alternative, is not to attend.    

Are you booing the boo birds?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

... Once past the door, no one checks cards for the happy hours beverage orders, unless you order something not on the HH drink menu.

Yes, that was the way it worked in the past. Do you know if this is the way it will operate in January? 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

No, Boone's Farm was from my Navy days.  We use to host a "happy hour" for the CPO Mess onboard at the various club the shipped pulled into with free pupu's and open bar for the Chief's.  We once drank Subic Naval base CPO Club completely out of Wild Mountain Grape and Strawberry Hill.  Did I mentioned our "happy hour" was from opening to closing? 

Of course, my comment was firmly tongue in cheek as many of my comments are LOL... 

I take from your use of the term pupu's and your screen name that you may have spent some time at Pearl? I was at Fleet Training Group there from 1984 till my retirement in 1988. I stayed a couple more years at a garbage burning power plant at Ewa Beach. 73's ...

Edited by 2chiefs

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

I think you need to upgrade your browser because it is showing things that just aren't there.  I see lots of things like it's a nice gesture, looks like they are doing things for loyal cruisers, good for camaraderie, appreciate X reintroducing the lounge.

Lots of positive comments.

Can't find much of the one's you tout.

okay

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

I’m hoping it’s January 1st since it says starting January 2024. We are on the Beyond January 2nd. 

We'll be getting off as you are getting on. We probably won't get to see it till we board another cruise in March.

49 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

I turned Elite 15 years ago and early morning and afternoon Elite events were in Michaels club. Hardly anyone in there. 
when they added the Royal Elites reciprocal that’s when it changed to the Sky lounge. 

yup.. that and drink packages opened the flood gates!

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

If Perry Grant was performing on the ship, it would be packed for his shows - and he was a real hoot.

Blast from the past. That’s where we found out what The Villages were as we had no idea coming from this side of the pond 🤣.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

The few times I had a roommate, I was always able to have her accompany me to the happy hour.  Just let the captains club concierge know (or whatever they're called) who checks everyone's card at the door.  Once past the door, no one checks cards for the happy hours beverage orders, unless you order something not on the HH drink menu.

What I remember is not no one checking cards, it was getting three drink tickets per person, and cards never entering into it.

1 minute ago, Mark_K said:

What I remember is not no one checking cards, it was getting three drink tickets per person, and cards never entering into it.

When the lounge was the only place for the Elite HH drinks (pre tickets), cards were checked to be sure someone was Elite or above.  The only cruises I've ever traveled with someone without status were back in 2009, 2011, and 2014.  My guests were allowed to accompany me to everything I was invited to = HH, Elite breakfast, ship tour, helipad, etc.  Their cards were only checked the first visit to each location, too (I was impressed they remembered).

The one thing I do like about this, those cpl days means between 5-7 the other places bars should hopefully be less crowded. I will be elite plus on my 24 cruises and have gone in past to these but enjoy because my elsewhere ideally sunset lounge those hours Caribbean cruises only for 24 

3 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

I guess I'm confused. The Elite Plus benefit is unlimited rinks between 5-7 daily (anywhere except Martini Bar etc). There are a few days designated to Elite Plus in a specific lounge which will also be between 5-7 so I'm not getting what you are saying. The drinks are the same no matter where you get them.

It starts at Elite, not Elite plus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

When the lounge was the only place for the Elite HH drinks (pre tickets), cards were checked to be sure someone was Elite or above.  The only cruises I've ever traveled with someone without status were back in 2009, 2011, and 2014.  My guests were allowed to accompany me to everything I was invited to = HH, Elite breakfast, ship tour, helipad, etc.  Their cards were only checked the first visit to each location, too (I was impressed they remembered).

Under Celebrity's club rules, "all the guests in a stateroom, get the same privilege's, as the top tiered person in the room."  This is the exact opposite as Royal's Crown & Anchor. 

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

Just received this email:

I have heard from many of our loyal Captain’s Club members, such as yourself, that one of the program’s most gratifying aspects is the opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded travellers with whom you can share your experiences on board. I love that so many of you are eager to connect over your shared passion for travel and cruising. 

I am excited to announce that starting in January 2024, we will designate an existing lounge space for our Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith members to get together on board during the daily Elite Cocktail hour. 

The lounge space will be available twice per cruise on sailings between 5 nights and 7 nights, and three times per cruise on sailings 8 nights or longer, from 5pm to 7pm. Your concierge team will inform you in your welcome letter of the specific days and locations where you can gather on board. Additionally, drinks will still be available at bars and lounges throughout the ship daily by presenting your Seapass card if you prefer not to use the designated lounge space. 

This gathering, in addition to our Captain’s Club Welcome Party, Senior Officer Party, Music & Mixology event, and more, provides our members with several opportunities to meet up, and we could not be more excited. Thank you for your loyalty, and I hope to meet you on board soon. 

Best,
Laura Hodges Bethge
Laura Hodges Bethge
President, Celebrity Cruises

Thanks for posting.  I would like to see it held more frequently like it was before--but this is an excellent and welcomed start.  I imagine they may be well attended?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Thanks for posting.  I would like to see it held more frequently like it was before--but this is an excellent and welcomed start.  I imagine they may be well attended?

We are definitely looking forward to it. I’m excited to see Celebrity making some positive changes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

Just received this email:

I have heard from many of our loyal Captain’s Club members, such as yourself, that one of the program’s most gratifying aspects is the opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded travellers with whom you can share your experiences on board. I love that so many of you are eager to connect over your shared passion for travel and cruising. 

I am excited to announce that starting in January 2024, we will designate an existing lounge space for our Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith members to get together on board during the daily Elite Cocktail hour. 

The lounge space will be available twice per cruise on sailings between 5 nights and 7 nights, and three times per cruise on sailings 8 nights or longer, from 5pm to 7pm. Your concierge team will inform you in your welcome letter of the specific days and locations where you can gather on board. Additionally, drinks will still be available at bars and lounges throughout the ship daily by presenting your Seapass card if you prefer not to use the designated lounge space. 

This gathering, in addition to our Captain’s Club Welcome Party, Senior Officer Party, Music & Mixology event, and more, provides our members with several opportunities to meet up, and we could not be more excited. Thank you for your loyalty, and I hope to meet you on board soon. 

Best,
Laura Hodges Bethge
Laura Hodges Bethge
President, Celebrity Cruises

Zeniths have gotten back Retreat Lounge entry, space available, so including them in this "new plan"??  Seems like Ms. Prez is "back-walking" Zeniths'  gains.   (Does she think folks are truly that dumb?  Guess so...) 

7 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Zeniths have gotten back Retreat Lounge entry, space available, so including them in this "new plan"??  Seems like Ms. Prez is "back-walking" Zeniths'  gains.   (Does she think folks are truly that dumb?  Guess so...) 

I don't think it's back-pedaling Zeniths at all and will be attending the HHs, for sure.  I do hope they're held in the Sky Lounges (S-class or M-class) again.  They were perfectly timed for sunsets on my annual westbound TAs (sort of Teahouse of the August Moon thing).  

• Like 1