CVP

camper49

If you don't currently have one, then know that with the good ones, you have to tell them don't call me, I'll call you. They have a direct line and email. If you don't get a response, change agents. the good ones are hungry and no trouble reaching them.

Just don't call them mornings, especially Monday. They get busy at times just like most businesses.

Read threads here about the call center which several report is in the Phillipines, providing incorrect/ inconsistent information. Also, this may or may not be an issue, is your ability to understand heavy accents. Stick with someone with experience, which could also be a TA.

I got a CVP about a month ago. He called and was very polite and accommodating. He did a whole pitch about a future cruise package. I told him I wasn’t interested at this time. I haven’t heard a word back since then despite leaving messages and emailing the CVP with questions. So, it tracks that some may be more accommodating than others. 

I had one CVP who was dreadful and we had to drag even the slightest bit of help out of him like we were asking for a Kidney instead of a refaring.

The l next one I had told me multiple times how amazing he was and then pressured us into a decision with the sort of tactics even slimy used car salesmen would find questionable.

I’m done with CVPs after my experience with the last guy.

• Thanks 1

CVP must be commission-based compensation. While I don’t like the constant selling or the lack of help if I’m not spending money, I can understand a CVP only putting effort into a paycheck. It isn’t a good business practice in my opinion, but motivating someone to go out and capture revenue isn’t usually a pretty business 

We have a great CVP, sent us an introduction email and that's all until we needed to book.  He was very helpful even when I was changing things around several times.  Never tried to sell us anything and always sends an email when he will be out of the office.

We’ve had the same CVP for years and, to be honest, the reason that I keep booking more Princess cruises.  She is a gem and wouldn’t know what to do without her.  She calls me back within a couple of hours if I have to leave a voicemail message.  She even calls just to ask about my dogs and other non cruise related topics.  Appreciate her immensely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I got a CVP about a month ago. He called and was very polite and accommodating. He did a whole pitch about a future cruise package. I told him I wasn’t interested at this time. I haven’t heard a word back since then despite leaving messages and emailing the CVP with questions. So, it tracks that some may be more accommodating than others. 

This really doesn't sound like a "real" CVP. Sounds more like someone promoting their new(?) Future Cruise Deal (probably the wrong name). There were several threads a couple months back talking about this sales tactic. The gist was that this was a firm called "Princess Promotions" that had been "authorized" to contact potential future cruisers and try to sell them a package that sounded too good to be true.  What made them appear to be "real" Princess reps was the fact that they had all of your info and cruise history!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, camper49 said:

If we choose to use a CVP can we still call Princess and talk to any rep? In the event that we can’t reach our CVP…or perhaps we should go with a TA?

Yes.  The rules that apply to Travel Agents (if you book through one, you must use them for all future issues) does not apply to CVPs.  You can book through a CVP and still chat with or call the 800 number for help.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This really doesn't sound like a "real" CVP. Sounds more like someone promoting their new(?) Future Cruise Deal (probably the wrong name). There were several threads a couple months back talking about this sales tactic. The gist was that this was a firm called "Princess Promotions" that had been "authorized" to contact potential future cruisers and try to sell them a package that sounded too good to be true.  What made them appear to be "real" Princess reps was the fact that they had all of your info and cruise history!

I'm curious... does anyone know what compensation CVP get? I know regular TAs get a commission on the Plus or Premium packages, but when I asked my CVP if they did, she said No. I will book my packages on board then and avoid the bundling of the cost in the insurance. Otherwise I would have booked it with her. Just got me curious as to how they are compensated.

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

I'm curious... does anyone know what compensation CVP get? I know regular TAs get a commission on the Plus or Premium packages, but when I asked my CVP if they did, she said No. I will book my packages on board then and avoid the bundling of the cost in the insurance. Otherwise I would have booked it with her. Just got me curious as to how they are compensated.

I’ve had the same fabulous CVP for years. We’ve sailed twice with him and his DH. 

He said if I book the packages within 30 days of making the booking he does get commission on it. So now I always book with it and remove it at final if I’ve decided not to have it. 

He also said his commission is based on both number of booking and the price of the bookings.  

I know they get health insurance as well. 

23 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I got a CVP about a month ago. He called and was very polite and accommodating. He did a whole pitch about a future cruise package. I told him I wasn’t interested at this time. I haven’t heard a word back since then despite leaving messages and emailing the CVP with questions.

That was not a CVP. @Rick&Jeannieare correct about this person being from an outside sales group. They are sanctioned by Princess and that cruise package is legit. Next time you sail go to the meet and greet and ask for CVP recommendations.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes.  The rules that apply to Travel Agents (if you book through one, you must use them for all future issues) does not apply to CVPs.  You can book through a CVP and still chat with or call the 800 number for help.

To clarify - as a regular user of a TA to book Princess cruises for the discounting - you can call and talk to Princess about pretty much anything except your cruise cost, a refare, a cancellation, or a cabin change.  It is fine to call about EZ-Air, excursions, Onboard Services, and things about Princess policy, procedures and so forth that are self-service options and not things TA's deal with normally.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, camper49 said:

How does one find out if a CVP is legit?

CVP’s do not sell those big hotel/cruise packages. Any CVP you get by contacting Princess will be legit but there are varying degrees of quality in their work. We are not allowed to share our CVP’s names on this board. You can get recommendations at a meet and greet on board. I don’t use FB much at all, but I believe that there is a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner page there.