Logo Rebrand

newtocruiseinblue

Its on there FB page.  Hoping its just for the announcement of the ship xcel or whatever they want to call it.  Its not on their website yet, and no announcement yet on what is going on.  

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Are you suggesting or speculating or have you seen this?

• Like 1

The new ship is on the website for booking and they released a YouTube video for it heavily featuring organge.

Personally I don't care either way about the colour. From a design point of view I get it, it's designed to be bold, stands out and playful - based on the advertising they've done for all the other edge class ships it makes sense.

Hopefully orange rebrand wasn't the only thing they were releasing today along with the new ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Thoughts?

IMG_5075.jpeg

My first thought was Hollywood Squares, the Peter Marshall-hosted version.  I was a young 'un when that first aired and I didn't get all the jokes then.

My second thought is that new regimes often change logos - not always, but sometimes.  Some do it to draw attention away from the other changes that have been made, and some do it to draw attention away from the lack of other changes.  I'll leave it up to you which category the LHB administration is in.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 1

I always hoped the Edge-class ships would follow a 4-letter naming pattern:

Celebrity Edge
Celebrity Apex
Celebrity Luxe
Celebrity Opus
Celebrity Icon
(BTW, Celebrity filed trademarks for "Opus" and "Luxe" back in 2018 but never used the names.)

But "Xcel" is beyond stupid. It's not a real word. It's a commonly used Microsoft program. And it doesn't match the premium, classy reputation the Celebrity brand has been attempting to build for years. It feels down-market and corny. Overall, I've been disappointed with how Celebrity has been moving in recent years. This new name/logo just confirms my suspicions. 

Edited by Fairsky84
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Thoughts?

IMG_5075.jpeg

Orange is the name of the Royal House in the Netherlands.  It is the team colour of the Dutch football team  (The game played with your feet).  Since I was born there, I have lots of orange shirts to wear on board.