New way for requesting Carnival shareholder obc now?

martinchem

Ugh...so I just downloaded app for cruise we just booked for November and it says the sailing has to be before July xx...And to check back in May...So, do they allow it basically 6 months in advance?  

50 minutes ago, dan4182 said:

Yes, definitely.

After having problems with the app (as listed above), and receiving no solution from stockperks, I emailed Carnival explaining my problem using the app, and INCLUDED all of my information (stock proof, sailing, dates, etc.)  I just received an email from Carnival stating that they ONLY accept stockperks and will not accept my email request. They directed me to email stockperks 🙄🫤, which I've already done twice.

So no, you can't bypass the app and email your request, according to the email I got from Carnival a few minutes ago.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, jmoak said:

Ugh...so I just downloaded app for cruise we just booked for November and it says the sailing has to be before July xx...And to check back in May...So, do they allow it basically 6 months 

the shareholder credit has to be reauthorized every year by the corp. It is currently only authorized to July 2024

I also received the same "glitch identified" email as posted on page 5 of this thread. I wonder how long it will take to them to finish the fix.  That Carnival won't assist with a work around is frustrating.

• Like 1

Finally! After 2 emails to stockperks and 2 emails to Carnival, it went through. I was able to click the "redeem " button this morning. Now I wait to see if it shows up. 

I also sent a message via the "contact us", located on the profile page of the app. Someone else suggested that. I don't know what finally worked, but I'm thankful that it did. It took 10 days, in all.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ICF said:

Finally got my request approved and then submitted today. 

Will this show up someplace on carnivals website once approved?

I don't see it on my page.  But I see approved on the stockperks app for the one cruise.

On 1/24/2024 at 12:42 PM, okcrunner18 said:

I'm still stuck with the greyed out Redeem Perk button after they verified my share ownership.  Haven't received a response from StockPerks or Carnival about how to get past this.

It took a week for mine to clear.  Check your profile, it should be at 50%

Is the statement about the OBC stock offer only being valid through July 2024, and needing to be reauthorized by the corporation just a formality, and is it routinely reauthorized every year?  Or is there a good chance this won't be an option for cruises after July of this year?  We're going on our first cruise (Princess) in early April, and are considering another for September or October, so I thought about buying the stock to use on both, but if I would only be able to get this OBC one time, I don't think it would be worth the hassle.  

Thank you for starting this thread.  I thought it was 2 weeks when you send it to Carnival directly, but going thru the app says 4 weeks.  we shall see.  I cruise in 3 weeks 5 days and got the alert that it takes at least 4 weeks but they will submit it anyway.
Thanks Again

18 minutes ago, Mjasp said:

Thank you for starting this thread.  I thought it was 2 weeks when you send it to Carnival directly, but going thru the app says 4 weeks.  we shall see.  I cruise in 3 weeks 5 days and got the alert that it takes at least 4 weeks but they will submit it anyway.
Thanks Again

I had them in as little as 2 days from Carnival. More than 7 was unusual.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meginoregon said:

Is the statement about the OBC stock offer only being valid through July 2024, and needing to be reauthorized by the corporation just a formality, and is it routinely reauthorized every year?  Or is there a good chance this won't be an option for cruises after July of this year?  We're going on our first cruise (Princess) in early April, and are considering another for September or October, so I thought about buying the stock to use on both, but if I would only be able to get this OBC one time, I don't think it would be worth the hassle.  

It is both a formality and routinely authorized every year. I think Carnival would have to be in extremely dire straits for them not to. 

And if it is a vote done by shareholders (and I think it is), well you're in luck, you'd be able to vote yes if you owned stock LOL. 

Just downloaded stock perk ap.  Created account and once plugged in Etrade, it wanted my Etrade sign on and password.  No way am I giving this info out.  Anyone else run across this?  

1 hour ago, bhami said:

Just downloaded stock perk ap.  Created account and once plugged in Etrade, it wanted my Etrade sign on and password.  No way am I giving this info out.  Anyone else run across this?  

Yes.  I gave it to them.  It's I see they signed in the moment I gave it to them to see if I owned the stock.  Then the app doesn't have permission to go in again.  Unless I request further stock credits.
It's like everything else.  Use two factor security.

2 hours ago, bhami said:

Others have said that happens if you select the "plaid" option so choose the other.

On 11/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, shof515 said:

it seems all this app does it collects your info and then forwards it to carnival, kind of like a middle man

Yes don't you love loading all your personal info with a 3rd party.  Just Wrong!!

Finally broke down yesterday and downloaded the app and submitted my request for my girls' cruise in April. I got the approval today! That is pretty dang quick. Maybe this isn't such a bad change like I thought it was. I don't handle change well, lol. 

On 1/27/2024 at 5:38 PM, bhami said:

We had read if you choose "Fidelity" you dont have to enter any sign in info ( We have Vanguard but also felt funny putting in user name and password) . Anyway, this worked for us

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

We had read if you choose "Fidelity" you dont have to enter any sign in info ( We have Vanguard but also felt funny putting in user name and password) . Anyway, this worked for us

I use Fidelity and thats true, I did not enter any of my Fidelity user or account information, just the ownership statement without account numbers redacted. And received the stock benefit.

On 1/27/2024 at 8:30 PM, PayneAS said:

It is both a formality and routinely authorized every year. I think Carnival would have to be in extremely dire straits for them not to. 

And if it is a vote done by shareholders (and I think it is), well you're in luck, you'd be able to vote yes if you owned stock LOL. 

It is not voted on by shareholders

On 11/18/2023 at 5:59 PM, Number12 said:

I don't get what the benefit is of downloading another app.  I just submitted my request via email and received credit in about 3 days.

The info they ask for is scary: how do we know that Stockperks is secure?

why do they ask our earnings?