Which caters more to older passengers: Seabourn, Crystal or Regent?

dcsam

IME, depends on the itinerary and time of the year, not the cruise line.  I have sailed SB, Crystal, SS, Regent, Viking, Windstar & Paul Gauguin and hope to continue to cruise all of them (except PG, only because of limited itins).

• Like 3

Worth noting that at least in my experience, on Seabourn the itinerary is important to this question. Caribbean during the holidays skews much younger than, for example, Montreal to Miami. 

I just posted at the same moment as Imcpa 😀

Edited by Isklaar
  • Like 2

Although not one of the three brands, I've also heard Viking tends to be an older crowd, both on Ocean and expedition.

Their ships are 18 & up only, which all but eliminates folks in their 40s and early 50s who have teenagers. Though there aren't a lot of us on Seabourn...

Of the three lines about which you asked, and having sailed all over the last decades, Seabourn overall and younger (and also young-minded older people) on the expedition ships with the expedition itineraries, not just the expedition ships (Venture and Pursuit) on their non-expedition itineraries - having done both. On the non-expedition itinerary we went on, we found an older, more staid demographic just trying it out and still fixated on formal cruising and dress. Most youthful feeling is the actual expedition itinerary on Seabourn Venture / Pursuit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

I was wondering the purpose of the question.  Does it mean the OP is an older person who wants to be catered to?  Or are they looking for a cruise line to avoid because they prefer not to cruise with older passengers?

Ray

I was wondering the same thing.  

In my 1 Regent experience (so far but have 3 more booked) Regent pax were younger than typical Seabourn.  Particulars of the itinerary will change the demographics on most any cruise line I would think.  Scenic about the same as Seabourn, Ponant Le Commandant pax definitely younger.

22 hours ago, commodoredave said:

Depending on one's age, "older passengers" can mean different things. For me, older passenger means over 75 -- everyone below that is "young"!!

I am right there with you on this.  

1 hour ago, tv24 said:

In my limited Crystal experience (2 cruises), the passengers were on the average 15 to 20 years older than on Seabourn.  Both lines provided very kind service to the older folks.

Sailed crystal more than 25 times and the age of the passengers was very similar to my Seabourn cruises.

Nancy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saminina said:

Crystal wins for average age being older.   Heck, you have to be older to even know about Crystal.  And you probably should be older to appreciate the offerings/service levels.

Crystal is the old folks home of the seas.😁

• Haha 2

On 11/18/2023 at 2:23 PM, saminina said:

Crystal wins for average age being older.   Heck, you have to be older to even know about Crystal.  And you probably should be older to appreciate the offerings/service levels.

Hmm... not sure I see it the same way. I went on my first Crystal cruise when I was 33. First SB was when I was 26... first Silversea I waited until my 35th birthday! 😉

Makes me recall those old Fancy Feast cat food commercials.  "Good taste is easy to recognize!"

I hope we all enjoy our sailings on any of these (or other lines), regardless of age.  Happy sailing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

On our recent Seabourn cruise we noticed very few "classic" customers (one couple in particular who was doted upon in the Restaurant like no others).  The baby boomers have taken over.

Edited by stan01

9 minutes ago, stan01 said:

The baby boomers have taken over.

Indeed. When the Observation Bar dinner hour entertainer recently did a not-tongue-in-cheek lounge version of "Me and Mrs. Jones" I nearly died on the floor laughing. It was a transcendent Seabourn Moment. Top that Regent and Crystal. :classic_laugh:

7 hours ago, stan01 said:

On our recent Seabourn cruise we noticed very few "classic" customers… The baby boomers have taken over.

Baby Boomers are 60 to 78 years old. Are you suggesting this is a youth movement, and that "classic customers" are aged 80 and older?? 🤣

• Haha 1