Is anyone having a problem with HAL's website?

dawcruiser

I have tried to print my luggage tags and boarding pass for the last two day or since Thanksgiving day.  I have three cruises booked 2 in December and one in February.  The website tells me I have no cruises booked.  I know to call HAL tomorrow, Monday and get this fixed but I was wondering if anyone other than me had this problem.

Yesterday was a disaster on their site....couldn't even log in....searching for cruises often led to a URL not found type of error....and some cruises that were sold out on HAL's site could be booked through TA's (I had a choice of cabins on what HAL showed as a sold out cruise).  Today, that cruise is still sold out and I still could book cabins through multiple internet cruise TA's.

• Like 1

Use the Feedback tab on the left hand side of their homepage to let them know how awful the site is.  The last time I talked to anyone about it I got the usual clear  your cookies bit.  We shouldn't have to be clearing cookies or using incognito mode or different browsers.  This is a business and they need to have a functional website.  The more they hear that from, the more likely  they are to fix things.  If you like sending email, start writing Gus Antorcha.  

• Like 6

Posters keep talking about all these "deals", but if the website isn't functional over Cyber Friday weekend, how do we take advantage of them?  I kept getting the 400 and 405 error message, and it won't let me manage my current bookings, only previous bookings.  What good is that?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dfish said:

This is a business and they need to have a functional website.  The more they hear that from, the more likely  they are to fix things.  If you like sending email, start writing Gus Antorcha.  

Good idea, but only if we assume his email is functioning correctly! 😉

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

It's difficult to let them hear from us, if we can't get through on the website.  

I think you can get email addresses from Christopher Elliott's site.  https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/holland-america/

There are a bunch of people we can email.  Do it daily.  They like to hear from their valued esteemed guests.

• Haha 1

Well, I take that back.  I am trying to book a cruise next year, and I've tried Chrome, Chrome Incognito, Firefox, and Edge.  I get different error messages on each of them, but in any case, I can't submit payment.  Chrome gives me the 404 error trying to find the cruise, Incognito tells me they are having technical difficulties, Firefox and Edge both say "bad input."  

What a mess.  I wonder how many people just give up.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, happywandering said:

I'm not getting the error messages but instead EVERYTHING takes me to booking excursions.  Would like to do a few other things to manage my bookings.

I get that problem if I open in Chrome without being incognito, so in Chrome I if I am using HAL site, I automatically just open a new incognito window.

I expect deleting your cookies might also work.

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

I get that problem if I open in Chrome without being incognito, so in Chrome I if I am using HAL site, I automatically just open a new incognito window.

I expect deleting your cookies might also work.

I go straight to excursions on the new incognito window too.   😕

I've been having a lot of trouble logging-in when using Safari as my search engine.  I switched to Google Chrome and HAL works flawlessly.  I have two sites that I use frequently that I must use Chrome because Safari won't work.

My computer is over 10 years old and Safari and the operating system can no longer be upgraded.  I believe that is the source of my problems.  However, other than those 2 websites the computer works perfectly so I doubt that I've going to by a new computer for 2 websites.

It finally just randomly worked--they perkily let me know I was all set!  Yay!  I think it's a website problem with the sale, but it's like restaurants being shocked that it's busy at lunchtime.  

Anyway--all set for Vancouver to Tokyo in September!  Woot!