Monday November 27th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Monday. Took DM to her hearing appointment and it turns out her hearing aides needed cleaning. They also need an update. That appointment is in January. However, just like the audiologist said, she is essentially deaf. He didn’t use that term but that’s what it  amounts to. 

I hope Roy @rafinmd is able to get treatment quickly. We are rooting for you!

Bruce @aliaschief, wow on that break! Was that from the fall you had on a BHB missing a step and landing at the elevators?  No wonder!

Prayers to all. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Skipping the first two of the special days, thank you, but turtle adoption is OK if there are orphan turtles who need to be adopted.

I've just finished off a casserole that contained butternut squash, so no on the soup, and the cocktail sounds awful. For Pinot Noir, maybe Ravines Wine Cellars Argetsinger Vineyard 2020, not that I can afford it. I haven't been to Mozambique.

I finally have the medical appointments I was looking for. One is with a PA, which is standard in that practice for new patients, so may require a second visit to see a doctor. The one for an eye exam was easy to get, and it's soon enough that, if I'm getting new glasses, I'll have them for the January cruise. The third was complicated, because the doctor I've seen before is on an open-ended family leave and it took them a while to find a doctor anywhere near me with an opening before April. "Near me" means 30 miles over a winding, hilly road, which could be interesting since the appointment is in January.

Genevaconvention.jpg.00900e33ba480a92fdbb2f1229945202.jpg

I have a friend who plays all three.

• Like 22
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Monday. Took DM to her hearing appointment and it turns out her hearing aides needed cleaning. They also need an update. That appointment is in January. However, just like the audiologist said, she is essentially deaf. He didn’t use that term but that’s what it  amounts to. 

I hope Roy @rafinmd is able to get treatment quickly. We are rooting for you!

Bruce @aliaschief, wow on that break! Was that from the fall you had on a BHB missing a step and landing at the elevators?  No wonder!

Prayers to all. Have a great day everyone!

Azamara Journey in June. 

• Like 10

Guess who we met in Canaletto tonight? During a lovely conversation with a sweet couple.. Kathy and Ray, I asked if they were using CC and behold!!! We met @Niagarawine Who knew?? 

Dinners were wonderful. The guys and girls had same entree (Osso bucco and clam and shrimp pasta) several cappuccino later we said good night. Hope to see them again!

Have been through Club Orange for the 3rd time and still have not seen @Himself Where are you Father??

• Like 23

There was a sort of cancellation at the lung doctors, its actually with the Doc's PA, tomorrow at 1.  On Friday when I called it was 12/28.  Yippee!

DH and I said the same thing about the Portuguese Royalty moving to Brazil...chickens!

@rafinmdI hope you get some much needed rest tonight.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Guess who we met in Canaletto tonight? During a lovely conversation with a sweet couple.. Kathy and Ray, I asked if they were using CC and behold!!! We met @Niagarawine Who knew?? 

Dinners were wonderful. The guys and girls had same entree (Osso bucco and clam and shrimp pasta) several cappuccino later we said good night. Hope to see them again!

Have been through Club Orange for the 3rd time and still have not seen @Himself Where are you Father??

Ah thanks Joy we really enjoyed ourselves too

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Hula recital went very well. I do have a video but not sure if I can attach it here. But here is a couple of pictures from the Hoike Show!IMG_1614.thumb.jpeg.999e4d4550ee3ae26e5ae6c1f6b115df.jpegIMG_1626.thumb.jpeg.99ad09c6afdca161e90fb084926ea5e5.jpegIMG_1623.thumb.jpeg.4c0f1a81ae2f15e5bf0827205fa12359.jpeg

What a big group of people gathered for the show!  Are they selling Hawaiian shirts/dresses onboard?  This is making me even more excited about my upcoming Hawaiian cruise.  Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Sue— are you all going to hula?  

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 11

Thank you for the HAL FR&D. Christmas cards to mail are done. They’ll go out next Monday. Working on cards for the office. I was going to distribute them upon my return Dec 22, but I think that’s too late with a lot of folks taking time off. So I’ll need those to go out Monday also. 

Vanessa @JazzyV I’m much better so I can come off the care list. Thanks. 

I have 7 work days left and I’m only in the office on Monday (telework the rest of the days). Getting anxious I won’t get everything done. But oh well. 

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations. Thank you all for caring and sharing.  

• Like 15

A late good evening.  Today got away from us.  The HVAC was installed quickly, and is working well.  Once they left, we headed to Blythe.  I knew it would take a while since I had a long list.  What neither of us expected was the number of people like us who waited until today to avoid the crowds.  I got just about everything on the list.  The really good news is the liquor cabinet/wine cellar (aka a two unit cabinet from Ikea) are fully stocked.  The best part was all the booze and wine were still on sale.

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just finished with ortho. Drum Roll Please! I have been walking around since June with a small fracture of my tibia. It’s healing, no further treatment required just be careful.

Did not see that one coming. 🙏

Bruce, while I'm sorry you fractured your tibia, the good news is it's healing, and you don't need surgery.

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Latest update from Roy who is now admitted:

Well It’s Monday afternoon.  Tech for echocardiogram came 8:15 and breakfast 8:30.  By the time the tech left 9:30 most had to be microwaved.  More tests and other stuff but I did spend some time in a chair.  Lunch about 12:30 and at 2 I was told I’m being moved to 379 (admitted vs observation) and am now there.  No reports on the latest tests yet.

Jacqui, thank you for sharing Roy's report 

4 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon from a partly sunny day in SE wisconsin.   Had a few more flurries overnite to cover the roads again.  Luckily we don't need to fo out.  I'm feeling well today, and take the last dose of paxlovid tonite!  Yay!  

bavarian cream pie sounds good, but not in the face!  I remember seeing turtle nesting spots and fences  around them when visiting St. Pete Beach.  Always wanted to see one when snorkeling g, but never did.  

@rafinmd, praying you feel better soon and get some answers.  I also hope you're well fed, and can get some sleep. 

@StLouisCruisersthat tree is so cute!  I'm sure they are all enjoying  it!

Have a good evening, Karen

Karen, I'm glad you are feeling better.  I was lucky to see a sea turtle when I was snorkeling off Cayman Brac many years ago.  Dh and the others who were diving missed the turtle.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, it's always nice when you meet a Dailyite on a ship.

21 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

There was a sort of cancellation at the lung doctors, its actually with the Doc's PA, tomorrow at 1.  On Friday when I called it was 12/28.  Yippee!

DH and I said the same thing about the Portuguese Royalty moving to Brazil...chickens!

@rafinmdI hope you get some much needed rest tonight.

Annie, that's great news about the appointment tomorrow.  I hope they can help you.

Lenda

• Like 13

What a big group of people gathered for the show!  Are they selling Hawaiian shirts/dresses onboard?  This is making me even more excited about my upcoming Hawaiian cruise.  Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Sue— are you all going to hula?  

I didn’t really see anything. It is sad the Hawaiian Ambassadors (The hula ladies) will leave us in Honolulu. And the Hawaiian “theme” during the cruise has pretty much ended. The ukulele instructors are staying on though. Seems a little weird IMHO but …….

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Oh and those were just the ukulele players and hula dancers (some people did both). The world stage was packed!

• Like 13

22 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Well after being bothered all week with feeling uncomfortable, Sue tested positive over the weekend. Hopefully we have distanced ourselveves from DSIL that she won't feel the effects. I seem to have run into a wall with mine as I just tested negative again but still have a lot of drainage and restless nights. 

Hope you both are well soon. 🙏 

14 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just finished with ortho. Drum Roll Please! I have been walking around since June with a small fracture of my tibia. It’s healing, no further treatment required just be careful.

Did not see that one coming. 🙏

👏👏👏 

13 hours ago, kazu said:

Latest update from Roy who is now admitted:

Well It’s Monday afternoon.  Tech for echocardiogram came 8:15 and breakfast 8:30.  By the time the tech left 9:30 most had to be microwaved.  More tests and other stuff but I did spend some time in a chair.  Lunch about 12:30 and at 2 I was told I’m being moved to 379 (admitted vs observation) and am now there.  No reports on the latest tests yet.

Thank you Jacqui @kazu for keeping us updated on @rafinmd Roy. 

8 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Hula recital went very well. I do have a video but not sure if I can attach it here. But here is a couple of pictures from the Hoike Show!IMG_1614.thumb.jpeg.999e4d4550ee3ae26e5ae6c1f6b115df.jpeg

Wow, lots of participants. 🙂 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2