Monday November 27th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National Pie in the Face Day, National Bavarian Cream Pie Day, and Turtle Adoption Day

Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs. - Charlotte Bronte

Meal Suggestion for today - Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Drink of the Day - Midori Cactus Juice
Wine of the Day - Primaterra Pinot Nero
Destination of the Day - Maputo, Mozambique

Today in History:
1807 Portuguese Royal Family and its court of nearly 15,000 people leave Lisbon for their colony of Brazil to escape invading Napoleonic troops
1895 Swedish chemist Alfred Nobel's will establishes the Nobel Prize

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 11-28

Koningsdam

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Ocho Rios, Jamaica eta 11-28

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Alicante, Spain eta 11-28

Oosterdam

Callao (Lima), Peru

Rotterdam

Orangstad, Aruba

Volendam

At Sea Destination Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii eta 11-28

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Fortaleza, Brazil eta 11-28

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Luderitz, Namibia eta 11-28

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Gisborne, New Zealand 13:00 - 23:00

Westerdam

Jakarta, Indonesia

1127World.png.f3df2ad0820b01ba4bfb6b51ca6bf6c3.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Rafinmd with fluid around the chest, in the hospital in FL

Quilty964 with Covid

Dobiemom with sinus issues

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues, recovering from pneumonia

Lady Hudson with a severe migraine recently

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Ottahand7 driving to FLL

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

Heartgrove testing negative now for Covid, but having sleep issues

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection Dec 3 to Dec 17, B@B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands)

Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami), Himself (Rotterdam to Dec, Southern Caribbean Seafarer), Niagarawine (Rotterdam to Dec 3, Southern Caribbean Seafarer),  Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii),Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 21
  • Thanks 17

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

We've got snow squalls in the forecast, good thing hubby got the snowblower ready last week.

I don't think a pie in the face is funny and I don't think it deserves a day.  Bavarian Cream Pie sounds great.  I had turtles as pets when I was a lot younger.

I like the quote.

More butternut squash!  I'll pass on today's meal suggestion.  I'm sure  the drink and wine will be good.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List. 

@rafinmd Feel better soon.

Have a great day, hope this is the start of a great week.

Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Major prayers for our Roy.  Let those of us who are in Florida know if we can help you in anyway.

Midori Cactus Juice cocktial:

Ingredients
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1 part cloudy Cruzan® Coconut Rum
3 parts Pineapple Juice
Splash Soda Water

Instructions
Shake all ingredients except soda. Pour over ice in a tall glass. Add soda and stir.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 6.43.35 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.

It is raining and 37°F here at 11.50am.

Bavarian pie is delicious.

Lots of comedy sketches on TV show pie in the face scenes but it is something I have never done or experienced.

Excellent quote.

Nice food today.

Concern and prayers 🙏 for Roy to recover fully.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Screenshot_20231127_114448.jpg

• Like 30

Happy Monday. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Back to work today. Going into the office to see clients. 

Meal of the day sounds yummy as does the drink of the day. 

Put some decorations up. It is a work in progress. All decorations must be cat and dog proof. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.2b3016413398b6d89ab05bb32b5916c1.png

• Like 29

Good morning friends!  Happy Cyber Monday!  I hope everyone has made it through the long holiday weekend unscathed.  It is only 40F but we will see a sunny day with a high of 50.  It will gradually warm up into the 60's this week but that will bring chances of rain.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  Some strange days to celebrate - No Pie in the Face Day, Bavarian Cream Pie Day, and Turtle Adoption Day.  I think I'll pass them all by. The Bronte quote about life being short is honest.  Oh goody, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup on the menu today!  Chances are nil we will have that for dinner.  No thanks to the drink and wine.  A big event in Portuguese history and hooray for the Nobel Peace prize establishment.  Thank you to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their reports each day.

Prayers for our friend Roy @rafinmd who finds himself in the hospital in Florida.  I'm sure any of our Floridians would be happy to help you out Roy with anything needing done. We hope for complete recovery and getting out of there soon.  Prayers too for the Care list folks, Tana, Baby Murphy, those in pain and those with Covid.  Special prayers for DB, friends Scott and Bob, and our future family member Chris's Grandma's passing.  May all the hostages soon come home somehow, and the people of Israel and Ukraine find peace before long. 🙏

Three cheers to those cruising and everyone celebrating happy events!🥂  Fair winds and smooth seas to those on a BHB (or whichever cruise line you chose).  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the time spent updating the lists every single day!

The port of the day is Maputo, Mozambique.  It was listed here twice before on Aug. 4, 2021 and Feb. 4, 2022 so I'll post those links.  We have had this port booked twice before but never got there and doubt I will now.  Thanks in advance for your photos!

Hope it's a great day for everyone!  Stay safe and well!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. We had a nice visit with Susan’s niece and husband. Had a lunch of soft shell crabs. Nice restaurant on the bay but the weather dictated enjoying from inside

Sue made a delicious turkey soup from scratch. I’m ready to have something tonight that doesn’t fly. The leftovers and squash enough. Our thoughts and concerns are with Roy.

This afternoon I learn about my knee and whether I need surgery before our cruise. We have planned so much for this especially Susan.

Need to get the trash out. Held inside as I’m sure the neighborhood bear would have a feast from holiday trash cans.

Thanks for the reports. Have a great week. Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 24

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

Going to talk with HAL today about switching our March 2024 cruise to a cruise next month. My toes are crossed we can get something done. Also, I am continuing my job search. website says:

• CYBER SALE DEAL: Free Prepaid Crew Appreciation

IMG_0218.JPG

Edited by seagarsmoker
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  We had rain overnight and it cleared this morning.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion. I got a head of cabbage while in PA for .99 and that is on the menu for tonight.  @1ANGELCAT thanks again for letting me know about the mincemeat pie at Shady Maple, I had a piece last night and it was really good.  It’s going to be a busy work day coming off of a long weekend.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.46bbe156d64a0987b32e90a319792457.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich!  Florida had a record number of turtle nests that survived the season this year!  We adopt nests and help tend them through hatching. If really lucky, we get to witness a hatching. May record numbers of hatchlings survive!

Yesterday was warm, but it rained off & on most of the day. Bindi kept looking at me as if she expected me to stop it!  If only. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I pray that you get relief from your pain - soon. 

Gym, Bindi walks - though it was still spitting here this morning. Cooler temps coming. Lots of chores. Need to wash the Christmas linens & towels. 

IMG_2058.jpeg.39a10d2c3c8ec2863c30e03093a67129.jpeg

IMG_2030.jpeg.2c3d3d5cf7c17b3bbfaf69aeafa5c155.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg.ddfb97cc0bbf7e8db3e20b84e8a05749.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those with debilitating pain or conditions.  @rafinmd Roy, hope you are back on your feet soon. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating.  @smitty34877 Terry, glad you survived the endless I-84 trek. How I dreaded that drive.  If you ever drive I-4 in Florida, you will see back-ups that challenge the worst of I-84s. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Primaterra Pinot Nero 2019

This light, dry red from Italy has quite a few consumer fans who think it is very good - excellent. I used the 2019 vintage info, since it seems to be the most recent vintage with info available. I would love a sip. Quite a few online distributors with prices starting at $9.99.

Distributor’s notes 

COLOR: Red colored, not overly pronounced, generally bright.
FRAGRANCE: Distinctive aroma of red berries, currant, blackberry, raspberry. FLAVOUR: Excellent versatility thanks to its good drinkability and refinement over time. Medium bodied, lively, elegant and with good freshness.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 6

an update from Roy (rafinmd):

Last night was rough but hopefully beneficial.  I turned off the lights about 8 but there was a steady stream of people not well coordinated.

I think the doctor came in about 8, then about 9 one person asking me to watch a video as another asked me to turn down the tv while she drew blood; at the end of the video I was supposed to answer questions on my phone which was outside my reach.

More medication at 10, at midnight a nurse came in with a nebulizer and while it was running another came in with an oral thermometer.

2:20 I was taken down for a Ct scan and 4:30 an ultrasound of my leg.  Quiet since then but no word yet about breakfast.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 35

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Well after being bothered all week with feeling uncomfortable, Sue tested positive over the weekend. Hopefully we have distanced ourselveves from DSIL that she won't feel the effects. I seem to have run into a wall with mine as I just tested negative again but still have a lot of drainage and restless nights. 

This morning I am going to my Ortho to get the first of three Hyaluronic Acid injections into my knees. I use to get the single shot but the office stopped offering that so only the series of three shots seven days apart. A bit inconvenient but probably less painful as the single shot was a big bore needle and very viscous fluid.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

The snow is about half melted and will probably melt the rest away today. The roads are clear which is good as I get my sutures out this morning. 

Roy, I hope your tests are negative and you bounce back quickly. It sounds like they are looking for a blood clot. 

@Heartgrove good luck on injections and I hope DW illness is short. 

Prayers for all in our prayer list. Prayers for those suffering around the world. 

Take care and have a great day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich

& thanks Vanessa, Debbie, Ann & Dixie

Bavarian Cream Pie sounds good but NOT in the face, please.  Turtle adoption is very important protecting the eggs and new hatchlings to help them make it to the water.  The quote is very true.

IMG_1236.thumb.jpeg.bc12b57f13e2703798c3b636e75938f2.jpeg

It’s very windy (100 km/ 60 mph) and rainy here.  Big storm surge & power outage warnings.  Poor Ivan is not happy.  Hopefully it slows down later 🤞  Very glad I got done what I did yesterday.  Today is definitely inside 😂 

IMG_1728.jpeg.75823177d9b130119672c6586609b083.jpeg

Lost my initial post somehow so keeping this one short and sweet.

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issue, pain, worries & those that need them.

IMG_1230.thumb.jpeg.96302bc5cc6759fa0b2dd245fd6c5fc4.jpeg

Have a good Monday everyone.

• Like 26
  • Haha 10

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  I couldn't keep up  yesterday with the Daily. We had to watch the race, had to eat something, had to figure out the grocery list for the week, had lunch out before shopping, because no one should shop on an empty tummy, shopped, unloaded groceries, put away cat food, watched the two F2 races,  caught up current with the new British Baking show, I ordered my Jackie Lawson Advent calendar, and then tried to go back to watching Midsomer Murders, but DH said he couldn't stay awake, and we went to sleep at 10:30.  BUT I started and couldn't stop coughing, and got up at 1:30.  Looked in the mirror, and my eyes are very red.  I thought they would look better this morning, and they don't.

Today's schedule is make breakfast, walk the dog, prep the dinner, make lunch, work in California from 1-5, and then work in NYC from 5:30-8:30.  And then curl up on the sofa and go back to Midsomer. 

@sailingdutchyCongrats on your favorite driver winning , again, but I do hope that next year brings a larger group of winners.  Makes for more interesting races.  But Max, and his car were incredible this year.

@rafinmdGosh, Roy I am glad that you went to urgent care, and are getting the care you need.  Of course it does sound like sleep evaded you courtesy of staff and test times.  I hope you get some rest today.  And you have lots of Florida friends who are more than willing to help you out.  Take advantage of the offers.

I talked with my BFF last night. Our mutual friend is still in the hospital.  The amazing thing is, that his wife (they filed for divorce 3 years ago, when she took all of her money out of their account, and left) has come back to take care of him.  But he doesn't appreciate the effort,  and says she is being mean to him.  He doesnt like the nurses, and he doesnt like the doctors, and he is feeling terrible.

But the BFF says he feels so bad, that the phone calls are very short.  BFF is heading down to NJ for a funeral this weekend, and will stop in and see him.

image.png.9e5d5079c501b4ba18bfa8d5e91dc984.png

image.thumb.png.dc6394cf9d30e8bed25acd6482458f70.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 11

Good morning everyone.   The snow has stopped but inches of lake effect snow are due tomorrow.  Thankfully the two days I have to work at our garden council's greens sale it will be warmer (40) and fairly dry.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.   No pie in the face here, no Bavarian Cream pie.  Thanks for clarifying adopt a turtle for us @grapau27, so I think virtual adoptions are fine.  A very true quote by Bronte.    I love butternut squash soup but I made turkey and chili soups yesterday and a meatloaf for tonight.   Pass on the melon drink and I think I will pass on today's wine too.   

Thanks for keeping our lists for us @JazzyV.  I have to note we depart for FLL on December 27 for our long Eurodam cruise.   @kazu thanks for giving us a complete update on Roy.   His hour by hour report shows why hospitalization is so frustrating for patients.   @quilty964 I hope you recover from Covid quickly and @Heartgrove healing thoughts for your DW who now has it.   Prayers for everyone needing them.  @RMLincoln I hope that you get get settled in quickly in your new home and get caught up on some rest.   Prayers for all in war zones for no fault of their own, Ukraine, Israel, the remaining hostages and the innocents in Gaza. 

I am going to wrap a gift for John and a few nominal gifts for my family while he is at his annual doctor's appointment.  Since we had snow on the deck there were numerous possum tracks that were visible.   Maybe they have been here all along but no tripping the bright motion light.   Another late night but well worth it as the Ravens won last night.   Now they have a long rest as they have a very late bye. Have a lovely day today!   Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

It is a cold start to the day here in mid-Michigan and the prospects for warmer weather are bleak.  High today is 30F.  This will be a good day to enjoy the turkey soup made from the leftover turkey carcass.  Turkey soup is a tradition handed down from my grandfather.  My dad continued the tradition and I am now doing so.  We really enjoyed it last night.  

Thank you, Jacqui @kazu for posting the update from Roy.  I'm thankful for the attention he is getting, but the poor man must be exhausted.  

Yesterday I was concerned that we hadn't had any butternut squash lately and almost included a recipe for roasted chicken and butternut squash.  Thankfully butternut squash has returned.  This would be a great meal on a cold day like today in mid-Michigan.  https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-butternut-squash-soup/

butternutsquashsoup1.thumb.jpg.5318ba4340223d397ee39830221e360d.jpg

When I saw today's meal I thought for sure we must have had it before, but I couldn't find any soup in my files.  How did we miss this before?   https://downshiftology.com/recipes/roasted-butternut-squash-soup/

butternutsquashsoup2.thumb.jpg.29a31176c79f91bca761468fd310636f.jpg

The garlic caught my attention in this recipe.  Garlic is so good for you!  And if we all ate it, the odor wouldn't be a problem.   https://alexandracooks.com/2023/10/15/roasted-butternut-squash-and-garlic-soup/

butternutsquashsoup3.thumb.jpg.42a60023c4d3eb4ded4c8fc1247a8a40.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 12

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've never had a pie in the face, but DH did once when the university held a fundraiser and the profs offered themselves as sacrifices.  I'd love to have a piece of Bavarian Cream Pie, but don't think there's any nearby - maybe that's a good thing.  It's good to adopt turtles - I love seeing programs on TV showing the hatchlings heading off into the ocean.

That big old moon is hanging around again this morning, in fact when I got up this morning and looked into the usually dark back yard, there were moon shadows.  I love it.  It's dark and not too cold; we're expecting a high of only +1 (33F), but if it's not windy, it should be quite comfortable.  

I was upset to hear that our dear Roy @rafinmd ended up being admitted to the hospital - I did begin to worry when I read he had to stop a few times just retrieving his luggage and getting it to his car.  Hopefully the hospital will get him feeling well again very soon so he can continue on his way home.  Keeping him close in my heart with prayers for a speedy recovery.

Not a lot happening here today, I have my every two year "panini press" (mammogram) this afternoon and that's about it.  I'd like to try the drink of the day, am pretty sure I'd like the wine, and will give a pass to today's menu suggestion.  My dinner plans for yesterday were put on hold when late in the afternoon DH's son came over and brought burgers and fries from Wendy's.  DH had the new garlic something burger which I tried a bite of and promptly gave a negative review.  It has a garlic aoli - which I usually like - that had a weird flavour, so I'll stick to the Junior Whopper, thank you.  So for us it will be breaded pork chops, baked potatoes and Greek salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in hospital, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32

Rested nearly all day yesterday. After dinner I unpacked 2 boxes of desk stuff looking for something. I did find it but not in the boxes, it was in the bag of minimal desk stuff we brought in the car. Today I have to put away the stuff I unpacked. 

Woke up at 3:15 but only for an hour. Went to the guest room and got back to sleep. Today we need to get to medical, fill out forms and get started with the process of establishing new PCPs. 

I called old friends last night. One lost his wife in September, the other’s wife is back in the hospital, now extremely ill, interventions being discontinued. They have been mentors and friends since the early 80s when I moved to NM from Colorado at age 29. It’s hard to lose them. I’ll see the widower in TX in a few weeks when we go to granddaughter’s wedding. The other is in Albuquerque, no plan on the radar for a trip there. It all helps me feel like we made a good decision to move here where there is more of everything- family, attention, oversight and extended care when needed.  But 💔

We’re happiest when our needs are being met, and our needs are changing more quickly in our aging phase of life.  I’m grateful we can do this together but it’s not easy or fun. I’m uplifted by seeing so many on the cruising list!  Yay for each of them!  And thank you for all the happy birthday wishes for DH!  Celebrating Life is Good! 🌈

I’m worried about Roy with unknown causes for him progressing into this condition, and far from his support base. Thank you @kazuJacqui for posting his update. 🙏

Bruce, @aliaschief thinking of you as you work through your options. Jack @Heartgrove hoping the injections help and DW improves quickly. 

Nancy @ottahand7 it was later here watching the Ravens game. Big win!  And a shout out to U of WA (aka U-Dub) at 11-0 where much of DH’s family went to school including both parents. 

Blessings to all who are sick, in pain, in need of healing, comfort or hope, near and far, young and old!  Thanks all of you for being here! 
Maureen 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3