Joining Friends for Concierge Embarkation Lunch

jag82177

Our friends are sailing in Concierge class, but we have a standard infinite veranda on Beyond. Would X allow us to join them for the embarkation lunch, or are they pretty strict about who can go to the MDR? It’s totally understandable if we can’t go, but was just curious if we have the option. 

5 minutes ago, jag82177 said:

Our friends are sailing in Concierge class, but we have a standard infinite veranda on Beyond. Would X allow us to join them for the embarkation lunch, or are they pretty strict about who can go to the MDR? It’s totally understandable if we can’t go, but was just curious if we have the option. 

No they won't let you join.  It is a perk for Concierge class only...

12 minutes ago, jag82177 said:

You have to show Your card to get in and the cards are color-coded so they know right away who is Concierge Class and who isn’t.  Expect to be turned away.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

38 minutes ago, keesar said:

No MDR for you.  

Why don't you upgrade?

An MDR meal is not worth the several hundred dollar upgrade to us. I believe MDR lunch used to be included but I guess that got cut at some point. We’re totally fine with the buffet - we can always catch our friends later if they decide to do the sit-down lunch!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

No, there never was an included MDR lunch on boarding day on Celebrity.  Perhaps you were thinking of a different cruise line

There is an included lunch for CC class and has been for a few years. We went in 2019

what about purchase of the fast Pass?

includes wifi upgrade,  priority boarding, a few other perks and a lunch..not sure where it is going to be held..it's a new program

perhaps it is offered for your sailing???

Maybe I confused X with Princess re: embarkation lunch. 

Last time we sailed X we had Concierge class, but didn’t really see the value. Between Select status and a beverage package, we felt like there wasn’t too much of an incremental benefit. 

As noted above, the Concierge Class/B2B/Zenith embarkation luncheon in the MDR is exclusive to those passengers.  The luncheon has a very limited menu, but it is nice to be served there rather that fight the Oceanview Cafe crowd.  

I agree Mast Grill and Sushi on 5 are both great alternatives on embarkation day.  I'm glad the OP is willing to flex plans and meet up with friends after lunch that day.  Happy sailing! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jag82177 said:

Maybe I confused X with Princess re: embarkation lunch. 

Last time we sailed X we had Concierge class, but didn’t really see the value. Between Select status and a beverage package, we felt like there wasn’t too much of an incremental benefit. 

Yes you were probably thinking of Princess.

13 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Folks who are Zenith level of the Captains Club and B2B passengers are also invited to the Concierge lunch.

On our recent cruise during the conservative cruiser meeting someone asked about the Concierge Lunch.   They were told it is no longer available except for Concierge passengers.

We were in a suite so it didn’t matter to us.   If not we would have gone to the buffet.  More choices and since we were B2B we would have been among the first to in there.   The Concierge Linch menu is very limited and service can be very slow.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

15 hours ago, jag82177 said:

Our friends are sailing in Concierge class, but we have a standard infinite veranda on Beyond. Would X allow us to join them for the embarkation lunch, or are they pretty strict about who can go to the MDR? It’s totally understandable if we can’t go, but was just curious if we have the opt

Since the introduction of "boarding times" many Concierge passengers arrive too late for the lunch. X's solution on some sailings is to drop the  boarding day lunch and replace it with a lunch on a sea day. Sort of defeats the objective but it may mean your friends don't get the lunch they were expecting. X does not announce which sailings will have this amended lunch in advance and when it is passengers don't get a choice i.e. no one gets the boarding day lunch even if they are the first passengers on the ship. 

14 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Since the introduction of "boarding times" many Concierge passengers arrive too late for the lunch. X's solution on some sailings is to drop the  boarding day lunch and replace it with a lunch on a sea day. Sort of defeats the objective but it may mean your friends don't get the lunch they were expecting. X does not announce which sailings will have this amended lunch in advance and when it is passengers don't get a choice i.e. no one gets the boarding day lunch even if they are the first passengers on the ship. 

The Concierge Lunch is back to Day 1 and has been for quite a while now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

The Concierge Lunch is back to Day 1 and has been for quite a while now. 

Seems unlikely this will be on every sailing especially as there are lots of Posts reporting that X has been advising passengers that they must arrive at their nominated times or they will be refused entry. X continues to promote it as a Concierge perk but the reality is it may not be available on every sailing.

For example Southampton continues to enforce the boarding times and so I believe does ports in Canada. 

7 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Seems unlikely this will be on every sailing especially as there are lots of Posts reporting that X has been advising passengers that they must arrive at their nominated times or they will be refused entry. X continues to promote it as a Concierge perk but the reality is it may not be available on every sailing.

For example Southampton continues to enforce the boarding times and so I believe does ports in Canada. 

While I can’t speak to “every sailing”; I can speak to the cruises I have been out of in Florida. And everyone since March of 2022 I’ve been on has had it on day 1. It’s starts a little later (12:30) and they close their doors a little later (2-2:30) and since everyone has to be on my 3:30 (for a 4 pm departure) most can make it without issue. 

for this conversation, I went and pulled the scheduled for the next Beyond cruise (which the OP referenced) and this is what it shows:

IMG_4375.png

2 hours ago, Team Stag said:

While I can’t speak to “every sailing”; I can speak to the cruises I have been out of in Florida. And everyone since March of 2022 I’ve been on has had it on day 1. It’s starts a little later (12:30) and they close their doors a little later (2-2:30) and since everyone has to be on my 3:30 (for a 4 pm departure) most can make it without issue. 

for this conversation, I went and pulled the scheduled for the next Beyond cruise (which the OP referenced) and this is what it shows:

IMG_4375.png

The Silhouette programme showed the same but in May 22 on both our sailings the lunch was moved to a sea day - passengers were not advised of the change until they went to the MDR. Not a big deal as the OP won’t be allowed to attend on whichever day or time it’s held.