Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL....you know your bro never will.  😄 😄  

Happy Bucky in our little corner table in the MDR...with...a favorite Stella in hand.  🍺

And a backup Cab. My man. 👊 And waiting for you is your SB. 👍

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, doghog said:

And a backup Cab. My man. 👊 And waiting for you is your SB. 👍

LOL...yup...   Have SB...will travel.  😄  

As you may also have noticed...theater pretty much empty.  Really much of the ship empty, including half or less at the MDR tables.  Kinda like it that way.  😉 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BND said:

Just read where Devil's island port call is cancelled due to swells/weather that make it too risky to tender.  3 more days at sea.

Yeah, I kind of thought that was going to happen from what I posted yesterday. So Sorry !

17 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We have seen both that violinist and comedienne on a Royal cruise, I think Anthem. I agree they were very entertaining. 

Continue to have a great time, and safe travels. 🚢 🎄

Thanks!  Another interesting show to go to tonight.  Mario D'Andrea.   Guitar playing, comedy, impressions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Show last night was hilarious.  Great comedian doing a southern style "red neck/hillbilly" type skit.  Definitely clicked with we older ladies.  😄  

Though if you were to look closely at her, she is way younger and much skinnier than she presents.  Definitely added padding and a scarf around her head to cover nice hair.  😉 

20231222_164026.jpg

She was on Jewel on the Greenland Cruise this past September. She was very Funny!!

She had to sit down for part of the show because the ship was really rocking, kind of added to the show watching here fumble around the stage trying to stand put. 🙂

Did you catch her name? Want to look to see if she has anything on Youtube?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah, I kind of thought that was going to happen from what I posted yesterday. So Sorry !

I'm not onboard. I read about it on a FB page from someone who is onboard.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

She was on Jewel on the Greenland Cruise this past September. She was very Funny!!

Did you catch her name? Want to look to see if she has anything on Youtube?

She does.  I've seen her videos.  Her name is Etta May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Show last night was hilarious.  Great comedian doing a southern style "red neck/hillbilly" type skit.  Definitely clicked with we older ladies.  😄  

Though if you were to look closely at her, she is way younger and much skinnier than she presents.  Definitely added padding and a scarf around her head to cover nice hair.  😉 

20231222_164026.jpg

We thought Etta May was great!

Sorry you’re missing a port.  I suppose that’s bound to happen but hope it’s rare for you. Christmas at sea sounds lovely actually.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dahirsh said:

perhaps.  It didn't sound familiar to me so I googled.  They were at Universal 2007 to 2021, but I didn't find anything for WDW

I saw them late 80s in Princeton, NJ at the McCarter Theatre when they were 'new'. They've been around for a long time. Could very well have been at Disney for a performance at some point.

19 hours ago, orville99 said:

It would have been much further back than that - 2002-2003 timeframe before they were all that well established.

I believe you. They've been around since 1988.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Me too.  😮   Though our upcoming ports... are all mainland docked...until we hit the Falklands on Jan. 11th.  🙂 

Try not to "hit" the Falklands too hard - it spooks the sheep😱🐏

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We thought Etta May was great!

Sorry you’re missing a port.  I suppose that’s bound to happen but hope it’s rare for you. Christmas at sea sounds lovely actually.

Ehh...not so bad to miss a port on this long cruise.  Feel bad for how many times, recently it seems,  the shorter cruises to Coco Cay and even Nassau have been missed.  Feel it more then I should think.  

LOL...yup...   Have SB...will travel.  😄  

As you may also have noticed...theater pretty much empty.  Really much of the ship empty, including half or less at the MDR tables.  Kinda like it that way.  😉 

I thought maybe a private show for just you and Bucky. 😉

I like what I'm hearing.

Too bad about the dumb and dumber parents letting their little darlings run around and create a distractions for the performers and those enjoying the show. I bet they are a real treat to sit near in the MDR. 🤬

Edited by doghog

Bucky made a few of these before we left home from old wine corks, and left over scraps... to hand out to crew members.  They loved them.  🙂 

He also made the "party animal" magnet for our door.  😉 

20231223_092302.jpg

He did a great job!   I love the reindeer.     I wish I was as creative and crafty as some people.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Ehh...not so bad to miss a port on this long cruise.  Feel bad for how many times, recently it seems,  the shorter cruises to Coco Cay and even Nassau have been missed.  Feel it more then I should think.  

Yeah Couple Months ago we had 6 Seas Days straight Sea Days causing multiple missed ports on Cruise due to rough water, left us with only 4 stops on a 16nite Cruise

• Like 1