Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Alpha call a few minutes ago...stateroom on deck seven.  I hope the person is OK.  

My deck. I had to show seapass to get to my cabin. Security presence was massive. Probably to keep Tik Tok folks away 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

My deck. I had to show seapass to get to my cabin. Security presence was massive. Probably to keep Tik Tok folks away 

Yikes! That doesn't necessarily sound like just a health thing if there was massive security presence! Sending good thoughts your way!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I wish there were more posters like you on Cruise Critic. It seems like most threads anymore, people just want to complain. It’s become the Grumpasaurus Rex Club. 

Yep a couple of prime examples on this thread who only come on to be negative and cynical.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I do too.

Say when ship docked in one of the ports there were ambulances on dock. So ant idea if anyone taken off?

Long cruises drinking and eating it is easy to overdue and become ill.

There was one we saw taken off in Rio...not sure about the other two ambulances.  

Edited by island lady

41 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Don't forget the demographic 

Yup, that is what I said.  Our bodies just don't bounce back again as quickly.  Just please give me 3 more good years to finish off our international travels...and I will be happy and grateful.  🙂 

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

I about freaked out when I heard that cabin number.  Way too close to yours.  😮  Happy you are both OK.  Thanks for chiming in.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Yep a couple of prime examples on this thread who only come on to be negative and cynical.

Thank you. 🙂  I think he has tamed out now...errr...at least I hope so.  😉 

• Like 1

Just walked out of the show tonight after two sets.  Some rather obviously drunken woman was screaming and had a high pitch whistle behind us seated in the handicapped area (and no she was not handicapped).  I turned around at end of the first song set and asked her politely not to do that "This is not a rock concert" I told her.  She cursed at me.   She did it more loudly at the end of the next set.  I had to walk out. 

Unfortunately I have lost the hearing now in my right ear.  Hopefully it will heal.  Why do people do that?  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately I have lost the hearing now in my right ear.  Hopefully it will heal.  Why do people do that?  

Some people just shouldn’t drink..LOL Hopefully she gets off the ship in BA. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Don't forget the demographic 

Was going to mention that. In 80's my first Cruise there was only 2 younger then me, even today doing longer Cruises I'm still on the younger side

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Some people just shouldn’t drink..LOL Hopefully she gets off the ship in BA. 

Geez..I hope so.  I am buying ear plugs at the next port.  And probably sitting further down from the "walk in from the bar and sit at the closest seat" types.   Though I think she just needed to stay with outdoor rock concerts.  Ouch...my ear still hurts.  😞  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Geez..I hope so.  I am buying ear plugs at the next port.  And probably sitting further down from the "walk in from the bar and sit at the closest seat" types.   Though I think she just needed to stay with outdoor rock concerts.  Ouch...my ear still hurts.  😞  

Try Guest Services, sometimes they have ear plugs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

No idea.  A few years ago, on a simple 7 night cruise on Freedom we had 8 medical emergencies.  It was unreal and sad, and two of them were almost at the same time.  We all hope it does not happen to us, but obviously we can't read the future.  

I hope you two stay safe and well Pat as well as everyone else on your cruise.

On our 14 night Canary Islands cruise in November there was an emergency ambulance at the gangway of every port we called at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yup, that is what I said.  Our bodies just don't bounce back again as quickly.  Just please give me 3 more good years to finish off our international travels...and I will be happy and grateful.  🙂 

Hi Pat.

We took Pauline's mam on several cruises in her 80s and her last for her 90th birthday so hopefully you have many more cruises to look forward to. 

• Like 5

On 12/24/2023 at 2:33 PM, island lady said:

The so called "British Finest" Beetle tribute had the most lackluster audience I have ever seen.  Me for one.  They tried...but IMHO...did not make the cut.  Oh well.  Some probably enjoyed it.  

One strange thing that happened...as we were walking down to our seats before the show...Etta May was talking to another couple.  I quickly thanked her for the great show.  She totally surprised me with telling me she thought she did a horrible job.  And was quite upset at it, saying she hated the new program she brought out.  OK...left her to her conversation with the couple.  

Spotted her later down front during the show on her own.  Was able to make my way down to see her.  Sat with her for a bit, put my arm around her and assured her that her show was fantastic, I loved it and thought she was a wonderful comic.  She actually had tears in her eyes.  Such a wonderful lady!  Glad I had the chance to meet her in person.  🙂 

That is the kindest thing ever. Good for you. It really warmed my heart to read this. I hope she feels encouraged.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Geez..I hope so.  I am buying ear plugs at the next port. 

We always pack ear plugs ever since we first sailed on a Freedom class ship and couldn't hear ourselves think over the excessive band volume in the promenade while siting at the pub. We always pack extra pairs and give them to the waitstaff at the pub so they don't go deaf.😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, orville99 said:

Probably not a good business strategy to wait to decide to learn how to manage the logistics of a world cruise until you are actually on the world cruise - especially since they could have walked down the hallway of their Miami HQ and asked someone at Silversea what "gotchas" to look out for and avoid when they were laying out the route and potential provisioning obstacles that could result.

You said that about as well as it could be said. These customers have spent a lot of money. They deserve better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Just walked out of the show tonight after two sets.  Some rather obviously drunken woman was screaming and had a high pitch whistle behind us seated in the handicapped area (and no she was not handicapped).  I turned around at end of the first song set and asked her politely not to do that "This is not a rock concert" I told her.  She cursed at me.   She did it more loudly at the end of the next set.  I had to walk out. 

The nerve should recover fairly quickly if it was a short exposure to the sound. The next time you see her you should let her know what she did to you.😡

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We always pack ear plugs ever since we first sailed on a Freedom class ship and couldn't hear ourselves think over the excessive band volume in the promenade while siting at the pub. We always pack extra pairs and give them to the waitstaff at the pub so they don't go deaf.😉

I've had issues in various venues over the years. Occasionally Studio B can be horribly loud. I don't understand why they can't do better with the sound mixing.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was on a PreCV 12n Repo, we had 6 go ashore for Medical during Cruise not counting Family Members. Happens, been on Dozens Cruises where we Helo'd passengers off, speed up or turn around with Sick passengers. Longer the Cruise more likely happen and not to mention Family Emergencies. 

Similar to my repos, as well, all but one on  much larger ships with a much higher passenger count than Serenade currently has.  That's why it seemed worth wondering about.  Think I've seen helicopters on 8 of 9 TA's and returned to previous ports or sped up countless times.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

If I told you, I would be banned from CC for life. Well given my age that may not be that long. 😉

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Don’t settle for 3, ask for at least 10, and if you get 8 it is an absolute win!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/2/2024 at 3:51 PM, Arzeena said:

And is there any crew that will sail the entire 274 days like the cruisers or every segment will have a complete crew change? I can see fun in cruising for 274 days, but it is a lot of work days if a crew member is working for that long.

A lot of work days, but waaaaaaay fewer turnaround days than any other assignment.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you two stay safe and well Pat as well as everyone else on your cruise.

On our 14 night Canary Islands cruise in November there was an emergency ambulance at the gangway of every port we called at.

Was another Alpha Alpha Alpha call this morning again.  Deck 9 cabin this time.  Hope that person is OK as well.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2