Confused on which restaurants are now included in the 2 free if you have the plus package.

Shippy

8 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Anybody tried the Lobster Mac & Cheese at the Salty Dog G.P.  ?

I don’t find any of the food there very good. The Mac and cheese just tastes like Mac and cheese. Not much lobster flavor 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

It's a bit pointless for us. We just got off a 63 day "cruise" that was actually 6 separate segments. That means we could each have had 2 pre fixe meals on each segment. 12 meals each. We had one. It's too damn much food for us. We went to Alfredo's and they didn't want to let us just share a pizza and let it go at that. They wanted us to each have an appetizer, a pizza, and a dessert. What a stupid freaking system. I'm hoping it was just the idiots on our ship but that's how they insisted we do it. We ate the appetizer (meh...) and each ate part of our separate pizza. We walked out without dessert and they seemed offended. Splitting one pizza is all we need. We had the same issue in Vines so didn't eat our "included" meals there either. Just let us have the much smaller amount of food that suits us.

We just got off the Sky Princess , 7 day cruise, and had no problem sharing a pizza at Alfredo’s. I would have contacted someone in guest services to handle this. 63 day cruise, you should have been treated better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eagletwo said:

We just got off the Sky Princess , 7 day cruise, and had no problem sharing a pizza at Alfredo’s. I would have contacted someone in guest services to handle this. 63 day cruise, you should have been treated better. 

Agreed. We had no problems getting a single pizza. Ditto for getting a single charcuterie board.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:34 PM, Shippy said:

Is the salty dog gastro pub considered   a premium restaurant or one that you get free with the plus package ?

thanks

It is one that has prefix meals and is include in the two free.

4 hours ago, Shippy said:

Anybody tried the Lobster Mac & Cheese at the Salty Dog G.P.  ?

Yes, it was just ok.  We went before the changes and it was $18/pp and included a drink,  We were not impressed.

On 12/8/2023 at 4:21 PM, alyssamma said:

So, interesting thing about the sundaes...you can customize them. Still huge, but you can ask to not get certain things or have other things added.

Also, the "huge" cakes at the international cafe that they charge for are "free" with the plus package (counts as one of your 2 free desserts).

I didn’t realize there were cakes at Intl Cafe that are normally charged for?

13 hours ago, BoopTennis said:

I didn’t realize there were cakes at Intl Cafe that are normally charged for?

Yes, the huge ones at the bottom. Can't speak for all ships but on Sapphire there were always 3 - Red Velvet, Black Forest, and one I can't remember. They were like $4.50/slice.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 5:21 PM, alyssamma said:

So, interesting thing about the sundaes...you can customize them. Still huge, but you can ask to not get certain things or have other things added.

Also, the "huge" cakes at the international cafe that they charge for are "free" with the plus package (counts as one of your 2 free desserts).

I don't think I have ever seen the cakes at international cafe that are the free with the plus package. Do you happen to have pictures of them? I have been looking at something besides the huge ice cream sundaes.

thanks

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, curlybelle2 said:

I don't think I have ever seen the cakes at international cafe that are the free with the plus package. Do you happen to have pictures of them? I have been looking at something besides the huge ice cream sundaes.

thanks

they are in a tall glass display case between the food & where they make the coffee drinks.

2 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

thanks

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

they are in a tall glass display case between the food & where they make the coffee drinks.

I'm guessing where they are depends on the ship? I was on Sapphire and they were at the bottom of the display that had the other desserts (e.g., pound cake).

Regardless, here is a link from another CC thread...

5 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I'm guessing where they are depends on the ship? I was on Sapphire and they were at the bottom of the display that had the other desserts (e.g., pound cake).

Regardless, here is a link from another CC thread...

Those look better than the ice cream sundae.  I love red velvet cake, maybe my husband and I can share a piece. Thanks for the photo!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What is included if you do not have the plus or premium package - if you just have the most basic option. Is it just the buffet and the normal dining rooms? Or can you still get some grab and go things from the pizza place/poolside cafes/ice cream parlor?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Valgal24 said:

Or can you still get some grab and go things from the pizza place/poolside cafes/ice cream parlor?

yes, still included in the basic/standard cruise fare ... at least for now

1 hour ago, Valgal24 said:

What is included if you do not have the plus or premium package - if you just have the most basic option. Is it just the buffet and the normal dining rooms? Or can you still get some grab and go things from the pizza place/poolside cafes/ice cream parlor?

Thanks!

Free - Main dining room, if your ship has International Cafe, on Lido deck - pizza slice and hamburger/hot dog/chicken burger/fries and ice cream and buffet.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:34 AM, upsmanclt said:

I just printed this and I wish I had seen it before getting the Plus pkg.  I need to do a better job at reading the fine print on Princess's web site because I thought the steak house and Italian restaurants were part of the Plus deal.  Never seen so many confusing ways to eat.  How can the Salty Dog and pizza be both free and casual.  This info certainly makes the plus pkg a whole lot less appealing.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

I just printed this and I wish I had seen it before getting the Plus pkg.  I need to do a better job at reading the fine print on Princess's web site because I thought the steak house and Italian restaurants were part of the Plus deal.  Never seen so many confusing ways to eat.  How can the Salty Dog and pizza be both free and casual.  This info certainly makes the plus pkg a whole lot less appealing.  

The sitdown Salty Dog and pizzeria are casual. The ones on lido are free. So pizza by the slice free and burger outside venue are free

I do not have a current list to offer but this one is old.  Discovery now has The Catch By Rudy.  No Bistro Sur de Mar (or whatever it was called).  Caribbean Princess has Planks and Steamers when NOT in Alaska.  Maybe somebody else has a current list.

2 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

I do not have a current list to offer but this one is old.  Discovery now has The Catch By Rudy.  No Bistro Sur de Mar (or whatever it was called).  Caribbean Princess has Planks and Steamers when NOT in Alaska.  Maybe somebody else has a current list.

@HotRoot

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, memoak said:

The sitdown Salty Dog and pizzeria are casual. The ones on lido are free. So pizza by the slice free and burger outside venue are free

Thanks for the response but am I to believe that if I sit down in these 2 places it becomes something special that they are giving as a perk on the Plus plan.  On Carnival ships if you were given 2 free specialty restaurants, it was not for a slice of pizza and a burger, but for the Steak house and an Italian restaurant.  I know I'm offending all the dedicated Princess sailors but they seem to have 3 levels of eating. I'm booked on Caribbean Princess 15 day TA.  Please tell me why I shouldn't be disappointed.

1 minute ago, Kellyann said:

Thanks for the response but am I to believe that if I sit down in these 2 places it becomes something special that they are giving as a perk on the Plus plan.  On Carnival ships if you were given 2 free specialty restaurants, it was not for a slice of pizza and a burger, but for the Steak house and an Italian restaurant.  I know I'm offending all the dedicated Princess sailors but they seem to have 3 levels of eating. I'm booked on Caribbean Princess 15 day TA.  Please tell me why I shouldn't be disappointed.

There are actually 4 levels of dining. Complimentary, Casual, Specialty and Experiential. The Casual ones cost $14.99 & 18% service charge and 2 of them are included in the Plus plan. On the Caribbean Princess those are Planks BBQ and Steamers Seafood. The thing that causes so much confusion is that they use very similar names for different venues. The "Salty Dog Grill" is complimentary pool side food but the "Salty Dog Gastropub" is a sit down "Casual" venue on some of the ships. The Gastropub is not on the Caribbean Princess, To add to the confusion both of the Casual dining venues on the Caribbean Princess are listed as "popups". I haven't been on a ship with them yet but according to the Princess website they will be in a Section of the "World Fresh Marketplace" during the hours that they are open. I wish they would be on my ship because they sound better then the ones we have. Oh well, I don't cruise for the food and I probably won't use my 2 free casual meals. I have attached a screen shot of the venue categories. I hope this helps!

dining.jpg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

The Salty Dog Gastropub is not a burger   You get 2 plates of your choice and a dessert. The pizzeria is a 3 course meal with appetizer, whole pizza and dessert. Vines is crudités, charcuterie board and 6 truffles. You are confusing free food with casual dining