What is your favourite thing about a Princess ship?

space27

1 minute ago, Kmkub said:

The noise from the Piazza spoils everything around it, including Crooner’s, Sabatini’s, the sushi place and Gigi’s.  Not to mention it’s no longer a place to sip a drink and chat. There’s no chatting. It’s like being in a dance bar; screaming at each other only and lots of “WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?” 

Sad.  

And if we don't complain, nothing will change.

When we vacated Crooners because of the din, I told them why.

Gotta say, this is a really heartening thread. We haven’t cruised since the restart and have three Princess sailings booked starting next year, including a couple of bucket list trips. I was getting depressed reading CC lately. It’s nice to be reminded why we love Princess!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The friendliest crews at sea.

self service laundry.

An enjoyable MDR experience, including effective handling of food allergies.

a positive experience with crew chat when a problem arose.

Fair pricing, especially the Plus package. (YMMV)

older, smaller ships without features that attract a wilder crowd.

Excellent bar entertainers.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, john watson said:

The things I like about Princess cruises is the waterpark and chutes, dodgems at sea, the surfing facility, rock climbing wall, ice skating rink and continual announcements not being there.

Regards John

A Flowrider on a Princess ship would be amazing for me. I hated my time on Allure of the Seas except when I was flowriding. 

I like the variety of entertainment.  There are comedians, production shows, contemporary singers, classical musicians, usually an entertainer that reflects the itinerary ie, we had a steel drum player on our Caribbean cruise, & a first for me at least, a very corny juggler!  The jazz bar, Take 5, always has top notch musicians & an excellent bar menu.  Also another first for me,  we had a deck party with the party band two nights when we were at sea!  The live entertainment is just outstanding!

• Like 2

For us, it's the familiarity of the layouts and the itineraries, as well as the emotional component having celebrated so many milestones on board Princess since 1992. We feel comfortable and welcome when we get on board and Princess's itineraries are still among the best on the business.

Unfortunately, really stupid decisions by our nemesis - Princess corporate - have dimmed quite a bit of our enthusiasm for the brand. My spouse still prefers Princess, while I like to "cruise around" trying out other lines and levels of service. I figure one of these years, Princess will get it right again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loge23 said:

For us, it's the familiarity of the layouts and the itineraries, as well as the emotional component having celebrated so many milestones on board Princess since 1992. We feel comfortable and welcome when we get on board and Princess's itineraries are still among the best on the business.

You mentioned the layout.  That is a big factor for me.  Princess ships (so far)  just seem to be more open with windows and more places to sit and enjoy.    I dislike the ship designs with the center boulevards.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kmkub said:

The noise from the Piazza spoils everything around it, including Crooner’s, Sabatini’s, the sushi place and Gigi’s.  Not to mention it’s no longer a place to sip a drink and chat. There’s no chatting. It’s like being in a dance bar; screaming at each other only and lots of “WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?” 

Sad.  

I agree.  Spoiled my favorite bar...Bellini's 

For us, the Piazza.  We jumped from Princess to another line and slowly we noticed we missed something.  The grandeur of the Piazza and the surrounding venues.  The crew is always great, make friends every time we go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crashe said:

For us, the Piazza.  We jumped from Princess to another line and slowly we noticed we missed something.  The grandeur of the Piazza and the surrounding venues.  The crew is always great, make friends every time we go.

Agree, we took a cruise on Celebrity - enjoyed it but missed the openness of Piazza. Sadly agree with others that the noise spoils the Piazza.

• Like 2

There's alot I like, but to name a few:

- Alfredo's (that crust is to die for)

- the food options by the pool (I mean, how relaxing is it to be able to grab a beer and fries by walking 20 feet) and then sit back in your lounge....

- I love people-watching in the Piazza....I can't dance a lick to save my life, but I love hanging out in that area and watching those who can, and occasionally swaying to get my groove on. 

- the people (sailors and crew) we've met

- not hearing "OK everybody, it's time for the hairy legs contest/belly flop contest/etc"

• Like 1

Highlights for me are:

IC for great coffee and wonderful breakfast pastries 

The way the medallion made so many things simpler 

The reasonable amount of ballroom dance times (especially when there’s a Wheelhouse as the Piazza is not a good floor for dancing)

The great beds and pillows on Regal - like a big cosy marshmallow resulting in some of the best sleep I’ve had in years (too bad Discovery didn’t have this kind of bed when we sailed in October)

Choice of ships and itineraries 

Convenience of the Plus pkg and the range of drinks it offers 

• Like 2

Interesting thread.  Our favorites are:

The excellent crew

The full promenade deck on the older ships

The IC

Alfredo’s/Gigi’s

Sabatini’s

The variety and quality of the entertainment 

The laid back atmosphere, no silly contests on the pool deck

The classic exterior of the ships (They don’t look like floating milk cartons.)

• Like 3