What is your favourite thing about a Princess ship?

space27

What we like is not really at issue. What matters is what will be your favorite thing.

I've noted you have started a few threads asking about Princess details.

You don't like surprises and that is why I think you will enjoy Princess.

By and large, crew service on Princess is consistently good, training is very good. The ship has always been in kept up. Sure the occasional thing need fixing, but those things happen anywhere.

By comparison, we've been on two Celebrity cruises, one was the best cruise we've been on and another ship was the worst. Zero consistency.

There will be a new App soon. Many, including us, had trouble with the old app. View the stickies at the top of the Princess board. But hopefully the new App will be better for you.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 2

PCL allows us to have a peaceful, easy, relaxing vacation. Relative to other mass market lines, the lack of onboard thrills and party vibes feels like a more luxury experience, which even our teens appreciate. We’re a family of four introverts who appreciate the design of Princess ships. 

• Like 11

1.  The service from the crew; almost uniformly excellent - professional, friendly but not smarmy.

2.  On the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby, the bar Adagio and its adjacent outdoor seating area.  A nearly undiscovered part of the ship, almost always quiet and peaceful, and with a gorgeous wake view.  Plus a drink only available there:  the Citrus Bellini. 

• Like 4

I love…….

The International Cafe

The staff

The ships- especially the Piazza

The Internet packages (one speed instead of expensive options on other lines)

360 Experience

The Honor System for pool towels and blankets

Self-serve laundry

Television channels (we’ll see if I still feel this way 12/19)

When I returned to cruising in 2018 I really priced all of the lines.  I felt then, and still do now though not as much, that Princess offers the best experience at the best price.  I felt that Carnival might be a bit cheaper for the fare, but the Internet tiers and drink packages were much higher.  While some of that has changed post-COVID I still love the Princess product.

• Like 5

The crew that works for Princess are amazing people, we enjoy getting to know many from all around the world.

Princess has reasonable fares in our opinion and we like the fact for the most part it is not a "crazy party" ship experience and people aren't fist fighting and twerking at the pool deck. ;)

The international cafes, the show productions, mdr's are some of our favorites...the list goes on, very satisfied cruisers.

• Like 6

We were with HAL for 22 cruises and tried the Ruby for the first time in Nov. 2023

What drove us away from HAL to Princess was the poor main stage entertainment on HAL especially on their Pinnacle class ships. Showing BBC shows projected on the wall was pathetic, boring and cheap. those shows were available on your cabin tv.

The production shows on the Ruby brought back great memories of when we first travelled on HAL back in 2010.

We won't be returning to Carnival Corps geezer line

Bob

• Like 1

When booking a Princess cruise the first thing I look for is the availability of a certain cabin. If it is available I snap it up, so I guess that would be my favorite thing about a Princess ship.

Edited by billco

My favorite thing about Princess is that in the past they've had 80s themes on some of their cruises and let people like these perform onboard:

IMG_20230413_195204.thumb.jpg.5601db4f783bbc87a66d63aedd6948ea.jpg

My second favorite thing about Princess is the customer service I've received off the ship.  Four stories:

• Just before the pandemic was declared, I had a cruise on Princess that was set to sail in a couple of weeks.  I needed some guidance and I got some from the customer service rep I talked to, who advised me to wait for further news and not do something rash like cancel.  
  • As a result of that cancellation, I received a refund of some gift cards that I used to pay for the booking.  The refund went back to their original gift cards - two of which I had thrown out.  I was routed to a gift card rep, who eventually e-mail me a replacement GC in the remaining amount of the refund.
  • I've written CC's favorite whipping boy John Padgett a few letters.  His staff has responded every time - mostly with neutral stuff, like "Thank you for writing & your patronage", but one time I got a heads up on when some trips to Yorktown were going to start booking.
  • I recently had my credit card slurped for too much $$$ (my fault) for a booking I made on Princess.  I was able to claw it back to the amount I intended thanks to one of their customer service reps.  Here's the thread I started on that:

The things I like about Princess cruises is the waterpark and chutes, dodgems at sea, the surfing facility, rock climbing wall, ice skating rink and continual announcements not being there.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, bobpell said:

We were with HAL for 22 cruises and tried the Ruby for the first time in Nov. 2023

What drove us away from HAL to Princess was the poor main stage entertainment on HAL especially on their Pinnacle class ships. Showing BBC shows projected on the wall was pathetic, boring and cheap. those shows were available on your cabin tv.

The production shows on the Ruby brought back great memories of when we first travelled on HAL back in 2010.

We won't be returning to Carnival Corps geezer line

Bob

We are 4 Star Mariners with HAL and we no longer sail with them for the same reasons you mentioned and a few more including the decreasing food budget with HAL where they are actually rationing butter pats and cream cheese, portions at dinner are really tiny, on our last HAL cruise in February I had some grilled sole and it was gone in 3 bites. 

Edited by MISTER 67

37 minutes ago, RNCheryl said:

The crew, especially on the Regal this summer.

Laundry facilities:  helps in packing

Crooners, EXCEPT on the Regal this summer

Would that be because the din from the Piazza ruined whatever atmosphere was in Crooners?  We tried it one evening on the Regal before dinner and the screeching singer in the Piazza made us move elsewhere.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Would that be because the din from the Piazza ruined whatever atmosphere was in Crooners?  We tried it one evening on the Regal before dinner and the screeching singer in the Piazza made us move elsewhere.

The noise from the Piazza spoils everything around it, including Crooner’s, Sabatini’s, the sushi place and Gigi’s.  Not to mention it’s no longer a place to sip a drink and chat. There’s no chatting. It’s like being in a dance bar; screaming at each other only and lots of “WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?” 

Sad.