Monday December 11th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

We had the pleasure of visiting there on our last visit to Napa Sonoma a decade ago.  Their place is way up at the top of a winding, woodsy road.  We especially loved the Mondeuse that was a genetic combination of 2 varieties can't recall which.  It was a lovely afternoon of tasting overlooking their vineyards.   I tried to find the photos under their name but all I cam up with was a 2014 cellar record.   

Very cool that you were able to meet with them.  I am. once again, envious of you,

I don't know if you are aware, but Lagier Meredith released its last wines, from the 2021 vintage, in September.  Carole and Steve are retiring.  (As a man who is in his second decade of retirement, I completely endorse this move,)  Future harvests from their vineyard will go to neighbor Aaron Pott for his label.  I don't know if they will be single-vineyard bottlings, but that would be cool

I don't know if you are aware, but 

Yes. m

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

It is interesting how you do feel you know everyone, even when all you've done is read the Daily.    

It is indeed.  I can’t speak highly enough of the support I got from my Daily-ite friends (including you ♥️ )when Jose was in the hospital and then lost suddenly.  It means a lot when your life is capitulating  as everything goes down hill.

18 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Can't believe DGD is 22 today-and a perfect day for her-she works at a pet rescue farm dealing with horses, a cow, a pig and a couple of other animals. She even rescued a bat a couple of days ago.

A very happy birthday to your DGD 🙂 

IMG_5678.gif.0ce07b1568a69032df2c9c81d61e406a.gif

16 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

In my room around 12:30....I'm hurting but that's to be expecred.  Thanks for the prayers & well wishes!  You all are the greatest unmet support group!

It sounds like surgery went well 🤞. I hope your pain eases quickly and you can recover very easily.  Take care, rest and be well.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

It has been a very busy day for me and I have not had an opportunity to post.

I will try to read the posts tonight.

I had biopsies on the back of both legs on the calves.  So I will have to wait and see what they show.  

The blood work for the PMR was not encouraging.  The numbers were higher than August.  In August the inflammation amount was 9.  Now it is 13.8.  This probably means a referral to the Rheumatologist.  It probably explains the fatigue and headaches.   I see the PCP tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe there will be more answers then.

I am very tired.  
We had dinner with my cousin tonight at a very nice Italian restaurant in Ponte Vedra.  We celebrated her new house. She closes tomorrow.

I will post more tomorrow.  I am exhausted.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10

13 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We didn’t sleep much last night either  because of the rain and winds up to 45 mph here. I feel for Jacqui @kazu as it seems worse there. So far the new roof and gutters worked well and I did not see water in the basement. It will persist for a few more hours.

We are all hoping the dumpster company can retrieve the big red container today. I kind of doubt it as the pipeline diggers are right in front of the house again, even in the rain.

I was warned by my BFF who has been a widow for three years that sometimes things get worse before they get better. Yes, it has been a very rough last few days and I had all I could do to get out of bed and function. I certainly know I am not alone in this but  it sure knocked me sideways.

Anyway, life goes on and I will manage what I can today.

All the best to everyone.

Sending big hugs!   Day by day!   You have been through so much, and it’s only later that it hits! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good evening all, I hope everyone had a good day. We never made it to the vet this morning as Trouble bolted when we tried to shut the door on  the carrier. He went flying up the stairs and hid under the bed. Need to hear back from the vet about rescheduling. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Maureen, I had to look up Panettone and it looks very interesting. Is it hard to make?

I make it in a bread maker. For the last 30 yrs!  It’s not hard for me because I have the weird ingredients. It’s easier to get them since Amazon!  
3.75 cups flour + or - 

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2 - 2 1/2 tsp yeast (1pkg)

sprinkle with dried grated lemon rind and dried grated orange peel 

I put all those ingredients, one at a time, in the bread maker pan, then I give it a quick stir in the pan with a fork to mix it more evenly. 
Add 1 stick of soft (room temp) butter (unsalted is what I use)

In a separate measuring 2-cup measuring cup, add:

4 eggs (room temp or I put cold eggs in warm water while I measure out the flour and dry ingredients… )

1 tsp each vanilla and almond extracts I bought a half gallon of almond extract about 12  years ago from Amazon for $28, still using it ) 

Add a bit of Water to have the liquid ingredients equal 1 1/8 cups 

Add to pan

Turn breadmaker on MIX cycle so it signals when to add fruit at end of mixing; OR just add them in by hand* at the end of the mixing/kneading cycle. See below. 

I check how it’s mixing, adding flour if needed so the ball forms without sticking to the sides. 

Prepare fruit while the dough is mixing:  1/3 cup dark raisins + a small handful of golden raisins. Add about 1 tablespoon each chopped citron and chopped orange peel. I put the fruit in a small glass dish, cover with water and micro 30 sec and let them plump up then drain the water out before adding at the end of the mix/knead: 

*To add the fruit I no longer let the bread maker mix it in, I take the dough out, flatten it by hand a bit, dump the fruit into it, fold it up a few times and squish it together…. takes about 1 minute. Return the dough and let it rise and bake. 
This “recipe “ and my method has evolved over the years. It’s not an exact science.
I usually cut these loaves diagonally and ship them to family and friends, give them to neighbors. I used to make about a dozen loaves. The half loaves fit in a gallon zip-lock. They do fine shipping and can last in the fridge a long time, except they’ll get eaten up. It makes great toast, French toast or bread pudding. Warm with butter and jam it’s luxurious!  
m—

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

@0106The bread in the box, does make the best french toast ever!!! That's a Christmas breakfast!  with sausage.  I never find it at the grocery store, but have seen it at Walgreens recently.

@Cruzin TerriI hope that you start feeling better soon.  

by the way, depression causes fatigue, and fatigue causes depression-watch funny things , and go to bed early.  dont close the blinds, wake to the sun.  

I read all that, DH sleeps until 11 a.m..  Doesnt matter when he goes to bed.  I on the other hand, force myself to be cheerful 98 % of the time.  The other 2% I am a terrible person.

image.thumb.png.ed28ba347306a0709a80defade25e177.png

Britbox is showing Cary Grant films in conjunction with thier new series, Archie.

Watched Charades tonight.

@StLouisCruisers  We also need a Yummy, and Awww.....button and a hug button.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

It is interesting how you do feel you know everyone, even when all you've done is read the Daily. Can't believe DGD is 22 today-and a perfect day for her-she works at a pet rescue farm dealing with horses, a cow, a pig and a couple of other animals. She even rescued a bat a couple of days ago. That was worrisome but she assured me she was careful. It turns out bats can't take off from the ground. She got it on the end of a broom, held it up high and the bat took off. Phew! Take care everyone and have a good week. 

Happy 22nd birthday to your lovely granddaughter.

22nd-birthday-11.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone,

I had biopsies on the back of both legs on the calves.  So I will have to wait and see what they show.  

The blood work for the PMR was not encouraging.  The numbers were higher than August.  In August the inflammation amount was 9.  Now it is 13.8.  This probably means a referral to the Rheumatologist.  It probably explains the fatigue and headaches.   I see the PCP tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe there will be more answers then.

I am very tired.  
We had dinner with my cousin tonight at a very nice Italian restaurant in Ponte Vedra.  We celebrated her new house. She closes tomorrow.

Terri

You poor thing 😔 No wonder you were exhausted.

I hope there biopsy results are good ones 🙏 and  your PCP can help and give some answers and if a rheumatologist is needed, your referral is a quick one 🤞 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone,

I am very tired.  

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry the blood work was not what you wanted to see.  I hope your PCP can help and if a referral is needed, that it can be made quickly.  I also hope the results of the biopsies are negative. Try to get some rest when you can.

Lenda

• Like 4