Monday December 11th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is National App Day, Holiday Food Drive for Needy Animals Day, and UNICEF Day for Change

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. - Bruce Lee

Meal Suggestion for today - Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage Bake
Drink of the Day - Elderflower Martini
Wine of the Day - 12 e mezzo Varvaglione primitive puglia
Destination of the Day - Portland, Oregon

Today in History:
1931 Statute of Westminster gives complete legislative independence to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland (Free State), and Newfoundland (not then part of Canada)
1951 Joe DiMaggio announces his retirement from baseball

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 12-12

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination La Paz, Baja California Mexico eta 12-12

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas Dry Dock

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk eta 12-12

Oosterdam

Port Stanley, East Falkland Island 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 07:30 - 16:30

Volendam

At Sea Destination Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico eta 12-12

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Scarborough, Tobago eta 12-12

Zuiderdam

Dakar, Senegal 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Fiordland National Park, New Zealand eta 12-13

Westerdam

Pulau Langkawi Island, Malaysia Kedah 08:00 - 17:00

1211World.thumb.png.5a9c004265d2351d653e0827dca7a94c.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 23

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

57Redbird’s spinal fusion surgery today

Cruzin Terri at Mayo Jacksonville for tests/appointments Monday & Tuesday

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck not feeling well

Rafinmd’s PET scan today

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

RIP Lou of PTZ

Hurricane victims in TN

Shootings in Las Vegas and Texas

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Mamaofami’s extensive dental work

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP & photo shared!

Cunnorl’s new niece Maeve Grace, Welcome to the World!

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Suslor (Rottendam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean w/DGS

4 days for Crazy For Cats (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean

4 days for Ichiban Nekko (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Jan 5, B2B) 7d Eastern Caribbean + 14d Western/Tropical Caribbean

6 days for Seagarsmoker (Nieuw Statendam Dec 17 to Dec 27, Southern Caribbean)

GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez, RedNeckBob(Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands), LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, E. Caribbean), Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, E. Caribbean), POA1 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, Eastern Caribbean), Av8rix(Koningsdam to Jan 6, 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)) and Lindaler (Volendam to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage)

• Like 25
  • Thanks 20

Good morning friends! The rains finally stopped last night as the temperature was already dropping.   This morning the temp is 32F with clear skies.  High will be 50 and it will be sunny today.  Too bad our weekends are so rainy lately.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily!  A salute to all the helpful apps, UNICEF's Day of Change, and the holiday food drive for needy animals.  The meal suggestion sounds good but no thank you to the drink or wine of the day.  Hurray for the Statute of Westminster but I'm sure it was a sad day for baseball fans when Joe DiMaggio decided to retire.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today. 🍷

Prayers said already this morning for our friends here on the Daily Care list, especially Vanessa @JazzyV in severe pain, for Pat @57redbird having spine surgery today, for Terri @Cruzin Terri having tests at Mayo, Roy's @rafinmd PET scan, Tana and Baby Murphy. Blessings to Linda @lindaler who is helping her family in their time of need.  So sorry to hear there isn't a nice long cruise in your immediate future but that will come about next year. 🙏  Prayers also for DB and our friends Scott and Bob.  Extra prayers for the people of Israel and Ukraine as well as all the hostages. 🙏  Cheers to all celebrating happy events and cruising and that include plenty of people here! 🎂🎉  Many thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping the lists updated each day. ❤️

The port today is Portland, Oregon.  This is a new port for us so no links to post for you.  I have not been to Portland before.  If you have photos you'd like to share, please do.

In sports today the Notre Dame men's soccer team won their semi-final game against Oregon State and will play in the finals tonight against Clemson.  The College Cup game is 6 pm Eastern time and will be played in Louisville, KY.  Hoping for a good game and a win by ND.  Go Irish! 

Hope you all have a great day!  Please be safe and stay well.  

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

It is 7°C and sunny here.

I called at the beach this morning after seeing a convenience store customer.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

3 good days.

True quote from Bruce Lee.

I will pass on today's food and drink.

Never been to today's port.

Happy sailing for all dailyites cruising.

I hope everyone has a great day.

IMG_20231211_091853.jpg

Screenshot_20231211_115200.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 8

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a very rainy day today, we are expecting over 2” of rain when it’s over this afternoon.  Thankfully it isn’t snow!  Today’s meal suggestion sounds really good to me, it does sound familiar.  Over the weekend I rechecked my suitcase. It seems like there is more room than usual but I don’t think I missed anything.  The food drive for pets reminds me to pack some treats for the cats of San Juan.  While the work week will be short it will be very busy.  I’m looking forward to the time out of the office.
I hope everyone has a good day today.
2013 San Juan.

80AA8A8D-C413-46DA-9491-75E4BBB0B9C2.thumb.jpeg.e87303e20d4316693b593c5afc7bf29a.jpeg

• Like 34

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Not a fan of apps but I will definitely celebrate the other 2 days. 

I love the Bruce Lee quote.

I've been to Portland a few times including the Oosterdam in 2017.  This should be a great day for the Commonwealth countries.

The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Chilled Peach and Ginger Soup, Quail with Apricot Bread stuffing, and Cherry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam November 11, 2013.

We have snow on the grass this morning, the first time in about 2 years.

Roy

• Like 35

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and cloudy here today, chance of snow later, I hope we don't get a lot.

I don't know much about apps but the other 2 days are worth backing.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, not sure about the drink and I'll probably like the wine.

A good day in history for Canada.

@57redbird Prayers for a successful surgery.

Prayers for our world.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Up early today as I have two medical appointments. We had our first snow last night so hopefully the roads aren't too bad. Amazing considering that we had no snow last year! My first appointment first thing this morning is for my annual eye exam. Then this afternoon is my third and final round of Hyaluronic Acid shots for my knees. 

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 32

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich.

and thank you Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie & Ann.

Three cheers for food drives for needy animals and the UNICEF’s day for change.  I’m not a fan of apps.  I have them and use the most necessary ones but don’t want a gazillion on my phone or ipad.  Good quote by Lee.  The meal sounds good. @summer slopetoday’s drink sounds yummy.

IMG_1313.thumb.jpeg.ab06b518f89d589fe81a294fde6723c8.jpeg

I just HAVE to celebrate today’s date in history 😉. I joined the sleepless club last night.  The pounding and winds made it hard to sleep.  When the transformer blew that was it. It’s going to keep going all day but the wind gusts are dying down to ‘just’ 100 km per hr (60 mph).  Big flood warnings with the frozen ground with the non stop rain since early last night.

IMG_1311.jpeg.2ad448bba07f0eedc5fcd61dccc8eb2d.jpeg

Plans today are to be inside and safe.  Hopefully at some stage, Ivan will brave the outdoors.  I hope to not to have to take him 🤞 

Such sad news on Lou.  He did so much for PTV.  @57redbird best wishes for your surgery today 🙏 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them. 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

IMG_1308.jpeg.ab28c9b74956cfa2cdd684b983a51b26.jpeg

Have a good Monday everyone.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Well we are 20 degrees cooler this morning. It was 47 when Bindi & I went out. And it is WINDY! Usually the wind doesn’t start until the sun comes up. So this will be interesting. At least the sun will warm it up a bit.

IMG_2157.jpeg.c74a19865943f8a4071e617a929238f8.jpeg

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings. Praying that you get some relief from your pain soon. I do not know how long I could function on as little sleep as you get. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, making cookies for tomorrow’s gathering of friends at our local wine bar. Should keep me busy. 

IMG_2068.jpeg.7450a7bebb28f8b1a34a3c97714bc74a.jpeg

IMG_2097.jpeg.c3edd230e6c2fbb348190f9bd988a3e6.jpeg

IMG_2145.jpeg.f08abeced5e409862eb869e8b97992f4.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from debilitating pain and conditions. @57redbird hope your surgery goes smoothly & your recovery is quick!

. ❤️ @smitty34877 Thinking of you, Tana & your families. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

12 e mezzo Varvaglione primitive puglia

This organic red wine from Italy sounds very interesting. Consumers think it is an excellent choice. Not sure about the “coconut” aspect, since I am not a fan of sweet wines, but I would definitely taste it. Widely available with online prices starting at $18.53.

Winemakers notes

ALCOHOL 12,5% vol.

PRODUCTION   vinification by maceration with controlled temperature at 24°-26°C. After malolactic fermentation, brief refinement in French barrels.

COLOUR  Intense red, with violet hints reminiscent of fresh red fruit.

BOUQUET On the nose, fruity notes of currants and blackberries elegantly join an aromatic bouquet of nutmeg, liquorice, chocolate and vanilla.

TASTE  Its low alcoholic degree is supported by a slightly acid structure that makes it balanced and long, leaving the palate full of coconut and fruity notes.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 5

Good Morning Dailyites! It is a beautiful morning, with that early morning peachy glow contrasting with snow-covered roofs. Our county schools, along with several surrounding counties, are on a 2-hour delay today.

DH Dave was so surprised when I passed on the kind birthday wishes from so many of you on Friday. Thank you all.  We had a lovely dinner at a small French restaurant in nearby Gordonsville to celebrate his day. It really was delish.

We are so looking forward to our upcoming Rotterdam cruise. We are actually breaking down and using a suitcase larger than a rollaboard! Some of the clothing choices have been made, paperwork/documents set aside. 

Before I tackle that, I have an appointment with our insurer’s preferred collision repair shop. Someone rear-ended me recently when I was stopped waiting for one of the few traffic signals in town to change. No body injuries thank goodness. However, the $100 damage estimate on the police report is quite different from what our Subaru dealer thought. In any event, the work will wait for our return in the New Year.

After that appointment, we will be focusing on departure preparations. Thursday will be an early start since we have a 9am flight to FLL, Then on Friday, we board the Rotterdam. Dinner at Rudi’s that night to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary.

Best wishes to all who contribute to this wonderful forum,

- Cat

• Like 37

Good morning Daily-ites 

A choppy morning on day 18 aboard the beautiful Rotterdam. 

We are docking in Costa Rica in just a bit but the rain clouds are still following us. Will just have to see what happens. 

Yesterday was our partial transit through Panama Canal. Less exciting than the old locks but still enjoyed the day.

We had dinner in the MDR and invited a lady who's table mates went to watch Oppenheimer. I had fish, DH prime rib. Both were very good. Afterwards over to Lido and watched the football games on the big screen. 

Thank you for your contributions Rich, Dixie, Debbie, and Vanessa.

Prayers for those having procedures today, and those in pain, including family and friends.

Help support needy animals!!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. We didn’t sleep much last night either  because of the rain and winds up to 45 mph here. I feel for Jacqui @kazu as it seems worse there. So far the new roof and gutters worked well and I did not see water in the basement. It will persist for a few more hours.

We are all hoping the dumpster company can retrieve the big red container today. I kind of doubt it as the pipeline diggers are right in front of the house again, even in the rain.

I was warned by my BFF who has been a widow for three years that sometimes things get worse before they get better. Yes, it has been a very rough last few days and I had all I could do to get out of bed and function. I certainly know I am not alone in this but  it sure knocked me sideways.

Anyway, life goes on and I will manage what I can today.

All the best to everyone.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

25 minutes ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

Good Morning Dailyites! It is a beautiful morning, with that early morning peachy glow contrasting with snow-covered roofs. Our county schools, along with several surrounding counties, are on a 2-hour delay today.

DH Dave was so surprised when I passed on the kind birthday wishes from so many of you on Friday. Thank you all.  We had a lovely dinner at a small French restaurant in nearby Gordonsville to celebrate his day. It really was delish.

We are so looking forward to our upcoming Rotterdam cruise. We are actually breaking down and using a suitcase larger than a rollaboard! Some of the clothing choices have been made, paperwork/documents set aside. 

Before I tackle that, I have an appointment with our insurer’s preferred collision repair shop. Someone rear-ended me recently when I was stopped waiting for one of the few traffic signals in town to change. No body injuries thank goodness. However, the $100 damage estimate on the police report is quite different from what our Subaru dealer thought. In any event, the work will wait for our return in the New Year.

After that appointment, we will be focusing on departure preparations. Thursday will be an early start since we have a 9am flight to FLL, Then on Friday, we board the Rotterdam. Dinner at Rudi’s that night to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary.

- Cat

Happy Anniversary.  We booked Tamarind for first and last night.  Hope to see you on board!

• Like 21

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  What would we do without our apps?  I didn’t realize that there were food drives for needy animals.  I remember trick or treating for UNICEF when I was little.  I live by today’s quote, when I was in business school we learned that a professional’s most valuable asset was time.  Both the meal and drink suggestions sound tasty. We visited today’s port over Thanksgiving, I’ll try attaching some photos that I took from Portland’s Japanese Garden.  Prayers for those on today’s prayer list and a special one for my Aunt Roberta who died last evening.  She was my father’s remaining sibling and we were very close.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today.  

IMG_2556.thumb.jpeg.7e152eab85dc2db23a0a7904539b4e1d.jpeg

IMG_2559.thumb.jpeg.1504a44262220d1f46085500f68c33c9.jpeg

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.222f08dd9a293ea65406af676dc600dc.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning. It’s 31 degrees this morning with clear skies and the weather report states our highest temperature will be 60. We got some shopping in yesterday and I believe we have everything we need for the cruise. Two bags are being picked up Tuesday. Friday we drive to daughters to celebrate her and granddaughter’s birthdays and return on Monday. Our son and family in PA all have Covid except grandson who has managed to remain negative and asymptomatic. They are all doing fine and isolating.

Sad news today about Lou’s from PTZTV passing. Thanks to their very appreciated site we have witnessed many sail away’s from Port Everglades and other ports of call. Tuesday I’ll be watching PTZTV when our World Voyage ship Azamara Onward visits Port Everglades. Our day of embarkation Jan 5 is closing in fast. It’s becoming a reality but still hard to believe we will be cruising for a 156 days.

Time for another coffee and getting the laundry started.

Have a great week everyone. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.990e8456c0e7fdc5301c0249ef1b95c7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.263685950556bf5e1d1bbdd9b9cf871e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b546353af33ffa55ee8021df3db1a843.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d31cfc752f2b086a5c7491c1cc1b3616.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.495209ac566f83a7292559b22af02d28.jpegimage.jpeg.4d068498a138a14822a1dd6a36499883.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 20

27 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We didn’t sleep much last night either  because of the rain and winds up to 45 mph here. I feel for Jacqui @kazu as it seems worse there. So far the new roof and gutters worked well and I did not see water in the basement. It will persist for a few more hours.

We are all hoping the dumpster company can retrieve the big red container today. I kind of doubt it as the pipeline diggers are right in front of the house again, even in the rain.

I was warned by my BFF who has been a widow for three years that sometimes things get worse before they get better. Yes, it has been a very rough last few days and I had all I could do to get out of bed and function. I certainly know I am not alone in this but  it sure knocked me sideways.

Anyway, life goes on and I will manage what I can today.

All the best to everyone.

Sending you our best wishes Terry.

Pauline x and Graham x.

giphy.gif

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Every time you turn around, there's a new app for your phone - I've become selective about the ones I want to install.  Every December we buy a few extra boxes of kitty food and drop it off at our local rescue centre, so I have to remember to do that this week.  Interesting that UNICEF Day for Change comes in December when we always collected at Halloween.

It's cool and dark out this morning with our temp sitting at -4(24F) and there's a good wind blowing as well which will make walking a little uncomfortable if you're not dressed properly.  I just read an article from Environment Canada that said there isn't any precipitation in the forecast for the next 2 weeks which means we will be having a brown Christmas. Most unusual for us, but if there's an upside to it, it means we won't have to worry about traveling in a snowstorm.

@57redbirdsending good vibes to you and your surgical team today for a successful outcome.

@rafinmdgood luck with your PET scan today; I hope you get some answers from the test.

@Heartgrovebe careful on the roads as you head to your appointments.

@Mr. Bostonsending you comfort and love as you mourn the passing of your Aunt Roberta.

I was saddened to read yesterday that Lou of PTZ webcams had passed away - there are a number of sail-away addicts who are part of the Daily family who look forward to viewing the webcams on a regular basis.  I usually start the morning by opening the Port Everglades camera, then switch to Key West where I watch until I see either a person walking or one of the many chickens in the area.  The chickens are hilarious if you catch them going down the street.  Obviously it doesn't take much to entertain me.  LOL

Just a couple of things on the agenda today for us - first a bit of shopping to do to pick up some stocking stuffers for the family, and then later in the afternoon I have a nail appointment - one of my gels came off yesterday, so I might as well get a total fill and then I'm ready for Christmas.   

I'd like to try the drink of the day, would probably enjoy the wine, and look forward to the recipes for today's menu suggestion.  After yesterday's family dinner there were plenty of leftovers so DH and I will be enjoying ribs, potatoes, veggies and coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  What would we do without our apps?  I didn’t realize that there were food drives for needy animals.  I remember trick or treating for UNICEF when I was little.  I live by today’s quote, when I was in business school we learned that a professional’s most valuable asset was time.  Both the meal and drink suggestions sound tasty. We visited today’s port over Thanksgiving, I’ll try attaching some photos that I took from Portland’s Japanese Garden.  Prayers for those on today’s prayer list and a special one for my Aunt Roberta who died last evening.  She was my father’s remaining sibling and we were very close.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today.  

IMG_2556.thumb.jpeg.7e152eab85dc2db23a0a7904539b4e1d.jpeg

IMG_2559.thumb.jpeg.1504a44262220d1f46085500f68c33c9.jpeg

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.222f08dd9a293ea65406af676dc600dc.jpeg

Condolences on the loss of your dear Aunt Roberta.

death-loss.gif

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@Ichiban Nekko Cat and Dave happy early anniversary wishes to you both!  And Bon Voyage!🥂

@smitty34877 Terry, I'm happy to hear the roof and gutters held up to the terrible weather over the weekend.  So far the roof leak we had repaired four times has held up to our weather too.  The pipe leak area is also doing fine and I will be glad when we get the drywall work completed and the ceiling painted in the Study.  DH wants his peaceful refuge back!  I'm sorry to hear the last few days have been so tough for you.  Lots of worries and sorrows to deal with.  Prayers for comfort and strength for you.🙏

@Mr. Boston my sympathy on the loss of your Aunt Roberta.  I am sure you'll miss her and your close relationship.  Know that she will be looking down upon you and helping you through your grief. 😇 Your pictures are nice of the garden.  I love to view gardens all over the world.  They're so peaceful.

@aliaschief Bruce, have a safe trip to your DD's house to celebrate the birthdays this weekend.  Happy birthday to them both! 🎂 Sorry to hear about the COVID in your DS's household.  Isn't it amazing how one person can live among them and not catch it?  The rest of us merely have to just think about it and catch it.  Love the memes as usual! 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

- Cat

Happy 33rd wedding anniversary on Friday and best wishes for a fantastic cruise.

anniversary-33-8.gif

• Like 16