12 pack of water now $11.95. No warning?

jxtgreek

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

Royal Caribbean allows you to bring on bottled water if you wish so their price is less of a concern tbh.

Agree. I don't remember when carnival changed to only allowed to carry on cans.

Royal allows anything almost, cardboard, plastic, cans .. up to 17 oz. I tried to carry on carbonated water for carnival and we hated it in cans. Didnt drink it. 

Also I'm allowed 5 free drinks a day on rcl plus 3 waters are waiting in my cabin. Not a good comparison. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Agree. I don't remember when carnival changed to only allowed to carry on cans.

Royal allows anything almost, cardboard, plastic, cans .. up to 17 oz. I tried to carry on carbonated water for carnival and we hated it in cans. Didnt drink it. 

Also I'm allowed 5 free drinks a day on rcl plus 3 waters are waiting in my cabin. Not a good comparison. 

That's interesting about Royal because I assumed Carnival was the most lax.  Still, I appreciate that they will let us bring anything at all, even if it is cans/cartons only. 

Edited by TiredTrucker

it has always been about convenience , compare the prices to what you would pay at a convenience store versus a big box.  Even Sam's branded water has gone up over the past year to close to 5 bucks a case.  if you do not want to pay for the convenience, that don't and quit complaining. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I tried to carry on carbonated water for carnival and we hated it in cans. Didnt drink it. 

For a short time RCL changed to selling their small bottles of water in aluminum bottles or cans, I think for environmental reasons (i.e., aluminum is more readily recyclable than plastic).  After tasting that water onboard, I understand why it didn't last long.

58 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

For a short time RCL changed to selling their small bottles of water in aluminum bottles or cans, I think for environmental reasons (i.e., aluminum is more readily recyclable than plastic).  After tasting that water onboard, I understand why it didn't last long.

I hate canned water or even canned soda. It wouldn't work with me. 

I'm always giving out my water they keep putting in my cabin. Lol. I like a glass with lots of ice in it. I drink the ships water. On rcl though you never know for sure which brand will show up. I wouldnt buy water. I'll pay extra for food, rarely a drink. What gets me laughing is charging a 18% tip on water. 

On 12/24/2023 at 10:48 AM, bigdog1958 said:

Inflation is up 10 percent in the last 2 years. 

The inflation numbers that the government claims do not match what I've experienced personally. I'd love to know what's gone down in price over the last couple of years enough to offset the 35-40% increase I've seen at the grocery store. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vagabond Knight said:

The inflation numbers that the government claims do not match what I've experienced personally. I'd love to know what's gone down in price over the last couple of years enough to offset the 35-40% increase I've seen at the grocery store. 

If I'm not mistaken, food prices are one of the things that are excluded from inflation calculations because they are too volatile.

Edited by Tiger0613

• 3 weeks later...

I hate paying more too but I know what it cost even at the grocery store and they are having it delivered and loaded on a ship and labor to take it to each individual stateroom.   Even when we were allowed to carry on water I would rather pay for it than carry that heavy water.  And I MUST drink my daily water when I am eating the types of foods and indulging like we do on a vacation. So…a entire case of water is actually less than one alcoholic beverage 💁‍♀️

• Like 4

On 12/23/2023 at 1:31 PM, jxtgreek said:

Doesn't Carnival usually give notice of a price increase?  I just noticed a 12 Pack of water went from $9.95 to $11.95.   Still getting it but it would have been nice to have a heads up.  Oh well.  They know they got us.

It was announce by John Heald Carnival's Ambassador as well as multiple others that report on Cruise news and that's why I bought it prior to the increase for my next 5 cruises 

On 12/24/2023 at 3:00 PM, firefly333 said:

Aren't Royal's water limits per cabin what Carnival allows per person?

I think all aluminum cans are plastic lined.

Just returned home from the grocery store… prices are through the roof for most anything you buy…@jxtgreek does your local grocery store email you, or call you, or let you know they are raising prices… I think not. The water is still cheaper than most lines. 

• Like 1

Not sure what the expectation is for Carnival to give notice of a price increase on every single item, but I do recall hearing about this increase quite some time ago.  As @dbrucern mentioned above, I'm pretty sure John Heald did "announce" this a while ago.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 8:16 AM, summer_girl said:

I hate paying more too but I know what it cost even at the grocery store and they are having it delivered and loaded on a ship and labor to take it to each individual stateroom.   Even when we were allowed to carry on water I would rather pay for it than carry that heavy water.  And I MUST drink my daily water when I am eating the types of foods and indulging like we do on a vacation. So…a entire case of water is actually less than one alcoholic beverage 💁‍♀️

Same here, actually for medical reasons. And the rest of it for me is I will absolutely never pay 70 bucks a day for drinks or anything close to that. So I'll take a few knocks about buying bottled water and keep cruisin' on. Everybody's got their thing.

23 hours ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

You're mistaken.

Your comment was not constructive.  Instead of just telling me that I was wrong, you should have said why I was wrong.  You should have given the correct answer instead of just ridiculing me with red font.

13 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

Your comment was not constructive.  Instead of just telling me that I was wrong, you should have said why I was wrong.  You should have given the correct answer instead of just ridiculing me with red font.

You aren't totally wrong.  Core inflation excludes energy and food and is the figure the news focuses on most.  The true inflation numbers, food and energy included, aren't cited nearly as often, at least that I've noticed. 

• Like 2