Complimentary laundry

Just now, Lane412000 said:

I see when booking a Neptune Suite that we receive complimentary laundry services.  How long does it take for a bag of laundry to be returned to the cabin?

Thank you!!!!

It could be a day, two at most.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

I see when booking a Neptune Suite that we receive complimentary laundry services. 

And you don't have to fill the bag, meaning you can pack less clothing (if that is a plus for you).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

And you don't have to fill the bag, meaning you can pack less clothing (if that is a plus for you).

Now that I have loyalty unlimited laundry, my intent is to bag items that need similar care together and send them with one laundry slip. This is not necessary -- you can simply circle items that need cool wash and dry (for example) in the same bag as warm. It just seems simpler to group my hang-dry items separately from my husband's warm-wash-and-dry.

• Like 1

Without paying for expedited service, I've had laundry returned as quickly as same day up to 3 days (very rare, but has happened) - it's usually next day.

Recently on K'dam, I experienced consistently slow return times, twice calling to ask about it.

It is, though, hands down the BEST laundry service. The team does a great job and handles your items with care, honoring special requests and frequently including personal notes when they return your items.

20231104_151400.thumb.jpg.eceafbebc474ecbe18e7f647fdbe67d4.jpg

• Like 2

We generally get it back within 24 hours and sometimes same day …..EXCEPT on our most recent cruise on N Statendam where it was minimum of 2 days and generally 3 and once 4.  We were onboard for 22 days and were stunned.  We had packed light because of the fabulous laundry on all other cruises(25+) …In April, I’ll be packing a few more things - especially undies for our 30 day Japan cruise on Westerdam….just in case…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petronillus said:

Judging from other comments on this board, the quality, care, and speed of HAL's laundry services are one area where HAL is head and shoulders above the competition.

This ^^

We were astonished at the laundry service.

We had a Neptune Suite on our first HAL cruise, on the Noordam, and somehow we missed advance mention of the "free laundry", or we'd have packed a bit less.

One time, we just put two pairs of socks out. 😉 

Even with more items, it was always back surprisingly quickly, less than 12 hours.

And... folded/arranged *so* neatly.  Really amazing.

It was a wonderful cruise overall (New Zealand & Australia).
We've had other "wonderful cruises", but never laundry service like that! 

GC

• Like 2

The laundry service is awesome!!! General turnaround time is 24 hours, but sometimes 12. Your underthings come wrapped in tissue paper with a seal, and most things come back on hangers, and those that should be pressed are, even if you didn't ask. Best benefit of 4 star ever!!! 

• Like 3

On Embarkation Day, ask your Room Steward for some extra laundry bags and lists so that you can send out laundry both mornings and evenings for the first few days to get the wrinkles out of your packed clothing. 

You will find a laundry bag and list hanging in your closet on Embarkation Day.

BEWARE:  Every item of returned laundry on hangers will have a very stiff and scratchy piece of laundry tape.  Find and pull the tape off before placing clothing in your closet.  Take note of the locations of the tags as they should be found in the same spot on future returned items.  Failure to remove the laundry tags might put you in an irritated skin condition and perhaps not in a convenient setting to remove the offending tag.

Enjoy your Neptune Suite and don't forget to ask the Concierge to see the afternoon in-room appetizer menu.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

BEWARE:  Every item of returned laundry on hangers will have a very stiff and scratchy piece of laundry tape.  Find and pull the tape off before placing clothing in your closet.  Take note of the locations of the tags as they should be found in the same spot on future returned items.  Failure to remove the laundry tags might put you in an irritated skin condition and perhaps not in a convenient setting to remove the offending tag.

But if I remove all those tags while on the ship I would no longer have the opportunity months later to be reminded of my wonderful cruise.  😵

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, regnig said:

But if I remove all those tags while on the ship I would no longer have the opportunity months later to be reminded of my wonderful cruise.  😵

Yes, THIS! ^^

Some of those laundry tags, from various ships (and hotels, etc.), stay on the clothing for a remarkably long time.  And some seem to be secure enough that there are no edges or corners to irritate... and similarly, none leading to the little label getting torn off, knowingly or not.

I really enjoy the occasional time I unexpectedly stumble across one of those labels.

Some of them are in slightly out of the way places, so they probably get less "tugging"... and also get noticed less often.

Fun!

GC

• Like 1

Our upcoming Feb. 3rd cruise will be our first as 4* Mariners. We've used the laundry service before while in a Neptune suite but not sure if dry cleaning is part of the complementary service or if it is extra? I appreciate any input.

On the NS last month the sheet says to allow 48 hours. But usually it was much quicker (once we left the bag as we went to dinner and laundry was returned when we got back from breakfast). 
IMG_7849.thumb.jpeg.43cdaf6ff8b635a7fca47e38b3c914fc.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Papaeagle said:

Our upcoming Feb. 3rd cruise will be our first as 4* Mariners. We've used the laundry service before while in a Neptune suite but not sure if dry cleaning is part of the complementary service or if it is extra? I appreciate any input.

Dry cleaning is not included in the complementary service.

24 minutes ago, Papaeagle said:

We're 4* in Signature Suite for this cruise, so I don't know that the comp for Neptune would translate. Thank you and Crew News for your quick responses!

No, it doesn’t.  It’s for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites only.  Sorry.

1 minute ago, Papaeagle said:

Thank you. I still believe it's a great value. We're very appreciative of it even if we have to pony up a bit more for a couple of items to be dry cleaned.

Dry cleaning is quite reasonable on board - some find it cheaper than doing it at home.  HAL does a good job.

• Like 1

The service is fantastic.  Done well and timely. We have been on several lines and none do the laundry as well as HAL. It make the vacation that much better for one who is use to doing 2 to 3 loads every other day at home.  I really appreciate their efforts.