Hobbies brought on to Celebrity ship

6 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Embroidery is one thing I have taken on a cruise. Doesn’t take up much packing space and easy to pick up and put down…

Just a suggestion, if you would like to meet like minded readers, bead workers, embroiderers, knitters or scrabble players why not join your roll call and see if you have other interested people on board…

Why not post to a community board on the ship? 

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Surprised that no one commented on the bare feet on a chair. Seen Bare feet  on a table, too.

Very disrespectful to all!

Staff will walk by and say nothing.

Passengers seem to accept that more than how people dress. 

Is it worse to put bare feet up on a chair rather than shoed feet? I don't see the difference.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why not post to a community board on the ship? 

Could do…Nice sometimes to pre plan things, enjoy looking forward to shared activities. I haven’t always taken my embroidery with me. I would definitely pack it if I had arranged to meet up with fellow embroiderers on sea days…

• Like 1

A few years ago I attended a meeting of knitters and crocheters. It was advertised in the daily. We only met once, no one seemed to connect. I found that the person who organized it seemed very judgy. She reminded me of staff that I have encountered in some specialty yarn shops. 

I bring my crochet. Only simple stuff so it does not interfer with my beverage package.  I guess you can say that I am a happy hooker.😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Surprised that no one commented on the bare feet on a chair. Seen Bare feet  on a table, too.

Very disrespectful to all!

Staff will walk by and say nothing.

Passengers seem to accept that more than how people dress. 

Wondering if people are not keen on saying anything/getting involved as you just don’t know how that person will react.   

I usually bring a small travel watercolor painting set and origami paper. My family also usually brings one or two Euro-style board games or an escape room in a box.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PMT51 said:

A few years ago I attended a meeting of knitters and crocheters. It was advertised in the daily. We only met once, no one seemed to connect. I found that the person who organized it seemed very judgy. She reminded me of staff that I have encountered in some specialty yarn shops. 

I bring my crochet. Only simple stuff so it does not interfer with my beverage package.  I guess you can say that I am a happy hooker.😉

I have been on a few and never encountered a judgy person in the groups. Too bad. Three specialty yarn shops where I live and all delightful fun staff. I know the bad ones are out there!

19 hours ago, CruiseMrB said:

Ended up making a pair of earrings for a crewmember that time. Crewmember was named Cherry, so she made cherry earrings. 

Image for reference of what beading is.

20240121_145936.jpg

Those look like really beautiful work. Very uncomfortable earrings, though! 🙄

(Just kidding, for anybody waiting to hyper-react!)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, calicakes said:

I wish I could get into the kitchen and practice my baking "hobby".  I'd love to make some sourdough too. LOL

Maybe you could also make for the rest of the ship to try , Celebrity breads are not that great 

17 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Is it worse to put bare feet up on a chair rather than shoed feet? I don't see the difference.

Well, this might sound crazy but what if you just put your feet up on a lounge chair on the deck? Or on your own bed? What if we didn’t put our feet on the chairs at all? I literally cannot believe I’m writing this. I can’t believe I’m sucked into this silly conversation! Now I think about it all day. Ha ha ha. 

I am an avid knitter. I always bring two projects: an easy one that I can work on in public, and not lose count with all the “what are you making?”:questions. Second one is more complicated and best worked on in my cabin or on my balcony.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, calicakes said:

I wish I could get into the kitchen and practice my baking "hobby".  I'd love to make some sourdough too. LOL

i always thought the EDEN set up would be great for food demonstrations and hands on cooking classes.. not sure if they bake bread down there.

We miss the cooking and baking demos where they picked a few guests to participate.  They were very popular and fun!  Held in the main atrium,  EDEN and the old  Bistro on 5..

4 hours ago, hcat said:

i always thought the EDEN set up would be great for food demonstrations and hands on cooking classes.. not sure if they bake bread down there.

We miss the cooking and baking demos where they picked a few guests to participate.  They were very popular and fun!  Held in the main atrium,  EDEN and the old  Bistro on 5..

They probably don't bake any breads from scratch anymore.  I'm assuming they come in frozen, or pre-baked and frozen. 

40 minutes ago, calicakes said:

They probably don't bake any breads from scratch anymore.  I'm assuming they come in frozen, or pre-baked and frozen. 

ugh! 

But I thought we saw bread being made when we did the all access tour on EDGE a few yrs ago.

Celeb bread and rolls were once a hallmark of its  special quality as a cruise line .

My favorite was a group that was on-board that were bell ringers.   They did a number of performances with Celebrity's permission.   They were really good and not intrusive.

26 minutes ago, hcat said:

ugh! 

But I thought we saw bread being made when we did the all access tour on EDGE a few yrs ago.

Celeb bread and rolls were once a hallmark of its  special quality as a cruise line .

How many decades ago was that ? In 2011 their breads wasn’t anything to write home about 😁

4 hours ago, sheeng said:

I play mahjong on realmahjong.com  It’s good practice and in the springtime I’m able to familiarize the years new card.

Sure hope the 2024 card doesn't result in as many "wall" games as this year's seems to!

I'll have to check out the website you cited. For our NE cruise, we have 3 + the "dummy" to play actual mahjongg!

• Like 1