Alfredo’s pizza

HleeCruiser

1 hour ago, HleeCruiser said:

Can you order a pizza to go at Alfredo’s?  If so what is the cost?

Yes, at least you could while I was on Sapphire last month. Regular non specialty pizza’s are $8.50 plus 18% .

If you have plus you get 2 visits if you have premier, unlimited.

Edited by wallyj

I've always been able to order gluten-free pizza at both Alfredo's and at Slice.  They make you a personal-sized gluten-free pizza with your choice of toppings at both locations.  At Slice, GF pizzas are cooked in a pan to avoid cross-contamination, and cook time runs about 15-20 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wallyj said:

Yes, at least you could while I was on Sapphire last month. Regular non specialty pizza’s are $8.50 plus 18% .

Thanks.  I wasn't aware that Sapphire Princess has an Alfredos.  Where is it located?

11 hours ago, wallyj said:

I sailed Sapphire Dec 1 to Jan 4,2024. I had premier the first leg Dec 1 -18 and enjoyed Alfredo’s to go several times. DH joined the ship for leg 2 with premier and they changed the policy and no longer allowed to go pizzas. 

7 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I *believe* that you can order it at Alfredo's...but I may be wrong. 

Yes, you can definitely get gluten-free pizza at Alfredo's, and it's very good quality.   (I'm coeliac.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SAKay said:

Is Alfredo’s open for lunch on port days ?  Thanks for any info ! 

Yes

6 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Thanks.  I wasn't aware that Sapphire Princess has an Alfredos.  Where is it located?

Deck 5 Piazza area

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yeah...but that's not Alfredo's pizza!

Alfredo's for us 8 days a week over pool pizza. I wouldn't be surprised if all the pool pizza ingredients came from the same ship's storeroom that supplies Alfredo's, but the heat lamps at the pool deck pizza place are the killer for us.

• Like 2

By having Plus, I would get 2 visits to Alfredo's...potentially 2 pizzas to go per cruise - I assume my husband would also be entitled to 2 visits so that might be total of 4 pizzas to go during our cruise if we so choose???!!  Am I assuming correctly?

I keep reading about how great Alfredo’s pizza is, but the two times we tried it (on the Royal, different sailings, different years), it was some of the worst pizza we have ever had.  Disgustingly soggy, barely cooked dough in the middle.  Has anyone else experienced that? 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sailin Gal said:

I keep reading about how great Alfredo’s pizza is, but the two times we tried it (on the Royal, different sailings, different years), it was some of the worst pizza we have ever had.  Disgustingly soggy, barely cooked dough in the middle.  Has anyone else experienced that? 

It has been some time but we really enjoyed our pizza experiences at Alfredo’s on the Royal Princess back in 2018. Best pizza we have had on a cruise ship but my dear Italian mother in law still makes the best!

• Like 2

We will be on the Caribbean Princess in March and are mourning the fact that there is no Alfredo’s/Gigi’s on the ship.  We will miss it, especially the minestrone that we had on the Enchanted this past summer.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 11:30 AM, wallyj said:

If you have Premier, can you use your perk to order just a pizza to go? 

• Thanks 1

For 6 of us to go to Alfredo's would cost $90. Instead, we will have pizza at one of the Alaskan ports we visit for probably less money.

Onboard, we will utilize the main dining room, which undoubtedly costs Princess far more money than providing free pizza.

How long until the main dining rooms require an upcharge? 😮

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teechur said:

For 6 of us to go to Alfredo's would cost $90. Instead, we will have pizza at one of the Alaskan ports we visit for probably less money.

Onboard, we will utilize the main dining room, which undoubtedly costs Princess far more money than providing free pizza.

How long until the main dining rooms require an upcharge? 😮

But there is free pizza at the pool.  I usually find the street tacos pretty tasty too (although there was a weird time on the Ruby recently where they were using corn tortillas instead of flour).

1 hour ago, rhobbkf said:

But there is free pizza at the pool.  I usually find the street tacos pretty tasty too (although there was a weird time on the Ruby recently where they were using corn tortillas instead of flour).

We will be sailing on the Majestic Princess which has a noodle bar instead of pizza on the Lido Deck.