Blue princess bags

mrell345

Anyone else miss the blue cloth tote bags they used to give out?  We still have a few and always bring them onboard with us to tote things around in.  We always get asked where we got them.  You can’t get them anymore that I can see, it would be nice if they at least had them available to buy.

I've been getting really nice canvas ones on Celebrity, and on HAL a few weeks ago I also got a nice canvas one advertising their 150th anniversary. Both are actually capable of carrying a beach towel and other things, and the Celebrity one even has a zipped pouch inside. I have a pile of old Princess and HAL ones I keep in my trunk as shopping bags. It seems like the cost would be more than paid for in free advertising and loyalty, especially with current high prices and demand and so many new people interested in cruising but not sure where to start. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

They are the perfect size for using at the grocery store so your bags don’t get too heavy. With 12 or so bags, we often get comments about being obsessed with cruising to which we reply “we most certainly are!”  🤪

Same here. I have about 10 or so still in good nick I use for shopping.

Impressive sight to see when the trolley is full, and always turns a few heads in awe..😌

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

They are the perfect size for using at the grocery store so your bags don’t get too heavy. With 12 or so bags, we often get comments about being obsessed with cruising to which we reply “we most certainly are!”  🤪

We used them for grocery bags but found that they biodegrade badly if left in the back of my wife's Jeep where the sun and the heat work on them. They start falling apart. We did get a number of comments when we would take a bunch of the blue bags to the store. I just told folks I had "the most expensive grocery bags in the store".

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We used them for grocery bags but found that they biodegrade badly if left in the back of my wife's Jeep where the sun and the heat work on them. They start falling apart. We did get a number of comments when we would take a bunch of the blue bags to the store. I just told folks I had "the most expensive grocery bags in the store".

Well that explains what happened to all of ours because of the heat and humidity here in Florida. .  My Publix bags are in perfect shape but lost all the Princess bags. 

It's too bad they don't give them out anymore.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Are they still available upon request on the ship? I would think that once in your cabin, if you ask Stewart nicely, he/she should be able to supply one?

Not anymore

• Like 1

Wait - That’s the one you all remember so fondly? Yuck, I didn’t like those at all. Shapeless and not very sturdy. I thought everyone was reminiscing about the canvas-y white one with little blue logos across it. Now that one I saved and still use. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Are they still available upon request on the ship? I would think that once in your cabin, if you ask Stewart nicely, he/she should be able to supply one?

In June when on Crown Princess I asked my steward if it was possible to get a bag and he told me that the ship had run out of the bags and that they were not being made anymore. They were also not available on Royal Princess in December.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1

We still have the nice thick canvas ones given away in suites years ago. Also have the nice drawstring laundry bags which we use frequently for travel.

We keep the old lightweight blue ones in our suitcases and use them in a pinch for various things. We're on the Regal now and have used them to bring a few beers back to the room for balcony sail away and to carry beach towels. We've seen a few other people using them too, but obviously they were carried on like ours as they aren't giving them away onboard.

4 hours ago, phabric said:

I keep a few in my suitcase encase I need them to carry beach towels, book, lotion to the pool.

So do we but lately it not a Princess bag. 😄

I just read that they might be coming back.  They will look a little different than the bright blue bags of the past.  It may just be rumor but even saw a photo of someone on the Sky Princess and they mentioned that they were to be giving them out fleet wide.  
Time will tell.  

image.thumb.png.9377daa6efd28416680f36f465c4a180.png

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just read that they might be coming back.  They will look a little different than the bright blue bags of the past.  It may just be rumor but even saw a photo of someone on the Sky Princess and they mentioned that they were to be giving them out fleet wide.  
Time will tell.  

At what price? I'm sure it won't be free. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Time will tell.  

Just got one yesterday on Sky Princess.  Not as good quality but happy to have it.

Louden

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 7:41 PM, Thrak said:

Yep...ours have pretty much all dry rotted.  We kept them hanging out in the garage with our generic plastic grocery bags.  In our environment, they don't seem to last more than about 2 years...not really being used at all.  We did not use them at the grocery store.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yep...ours have pretty much all dry rotted.  We kept them hanging out in the garage with our generic plastic grocery bags.  In our environment, they don't seem to last more than about 2 years...not really being used at all.  We did not use them at the grocery store.

Several of ours just fell apart, too.  But we had been using them for groceries all this time.  
I am happy they are coming out with some new ones now.  

PS .. I saw a joke on the internet during CoVid about carrying a Princess bag with you when out and about,  just to ensure social distancing.  😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I never even thought about them charging for them.  Perhaps they will go out to those that purchase a package 😉 

Now that wouldn't surprise me at all. 😉

• Haha 1