Princess in New York

artvlay

I can't get a straight answer from Princess.

Where does Princess dock in NYC? I have been told both Brooklyn and Manhattan.

I need to book a rental car but not sure where the closest agency will be.

We will be arriving on Island Princess.

3 minutes ago, artvlay said:

If your trip starts and ends in New York, then it will be Brooklyn. Only when NY is an intermediate stop on, say, a transatlantic, does it use Manhattan.  We have always sailed out of Red Hook/Brooklyn.  Yes, it's idiotic that Princess still won't fix this.

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

NYCruise.com has the information you’re looking for. 

https://nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/schedule-mct/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lx200gps said:

If your trip starts and ends in New York, then it will be Brooklyn. Only when NY is an intermediate stop on, say, a transatlantic, does it use Manhattan. 

On a Quebec to Fort Lauderdale cruise, we docked in Brooklyn (Red Hook).

As posted in post #3 the below New York port site has pier assignments for the entire 2024 year. Search for your date. It speaks poorly about Princess' competence that they can't inform their customers where their ships will dock in NYC. The two locations that they mention are very far from each other and require very different logistics from their customers. Princess has been using Brooklyn for at least 15 years. They need to correct their itineraries.

https://nycruise.com/brooklyn-terminal/schedule-bct/

2 hours ago, funship freddy said:

We are cruising on Enchanted Princess from Brooklyn on 9/07/2024

Any idea how much an Uber would be from

LaGuardia ?

We flew into LaGuardia, but took taxi to hotel in Brooklyn, half way between airport and Red Hook.

We paid $30 (with tip) for that.  Next morning took taxi to Red Hook paid $30 again to get to port.

Please give driver the address for the port - our driver drove us all around the waterfront - he coulnd not find the entrance to the port area.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Then that would be a rare exception, would it not?

I also have sailed from Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Lauderdale to Quebec......both times we docked in Brooklyn, so (to me) it is not a rare exception. 

While the terminal schedule (below) is helpful; schedules do change and sometimes even the captain doesn't know till a few days before.......(yes that happened to us the first time we docked in NY).

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Parrottdizes said:

I also have sailed from Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale and Ft. Lauderdale to Quebec......both times we docked in Brooklyn, so (to me) it is not a rare exception. 

While the terminal schedule (below) is helpful; schedules do change and sometimes even the captain doesn't know till a few days before.......(yes that happened to us the first time we docked in NY).

THANKS much for the NY schedule!  

we have docked there for the day 4 times and sadly all 4 times at red hook....I assumed we would be there again....

I hope this current  schedule holds up as it is indicating the emerald p. docks in Manhatten on our June cruise to Quebec City!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, artvlay said:

There are no rental car agencies within walking distance of Red Hook.  There is a downtown Brooklyn Enterprise location we have used, but this is not our preferred rental car agency.  We have used (several times) Budget and dropped at their Marriott Brooklyn Bridge location (inside the hotel's parking garage) and there is also a Hertz location on Atlantic Ave.  Our norm is to use Uber to get to or from the rental car.

Hank

Arguably, there aren't any rental car agencies within walking distance of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal either.  Enterprise is a half mile, if you're keen on dragging your luggage that far.  Maybe they'll pick you up.  Regardless of docking location, very few people are going to want to head out on foot in NYC.

On 2/11/2024 at 12:18 PM, Hlitner said:

There are no rental car agencies within walking distance of Red Hook.  There is a downtown Brooklyn Enterprise location we have used, but this is not our preferred rental car agency.  We have used (several times) Budget and dropped at their Marriott Brooklyn Bridge location (inside the hotel's parking garage) and there is also a Hertz location on Atlantic Ave.  Our norm is to use Uber to get to or from the rental car.

Hank

Thank you for the advice.

I'm on a sailing for Enchanted on 8-31 and a few weeks ago I checked the terminal schedules. The Brooklyn schedule shows Emerald for 8-31 and Manhattan does not have any Princess sailings that day. I called in and was advised we are sailing out of Manhattan, but now it sounds like what I was told might not be correct. 

6 minutes ago, qoap24 said:

I'm on a sailing for Enchanted on 8-31 and a few weeks ago I checked the terminal schedules. The Brooklyn schedule shows Emerald for 8-31 and Manhattan does not have any Princess sailings that day. I called in and was advised we are sailing out of Manhattan, but now it sounds like what I was told might not be correct. 

Princess always sails from Red Hook in Brooklyn

10 hours ago, 57eric said:

https://nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/schedule-mct/  shows five Princess departures from Manhattan for the remainder of 2024.  What source are you using?

The official port schedule you reference for Manhattan shows the Emerald in port on June 25th, the Coral in port for 2 nights, July 13th & 14th and the Sky in port for 2 nights on October 2 & 3. All of these are port stops mid cruise. There are no Princess ships that embark/disembark and sail from Manhattan piers. All embarkation is from Brooklyn. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skynight said:

All of these are port stops mid cruise. There are no Princess ships that embark/disembark and sail from Manhattan piers. All embarkation is from Brooklyn. 

For Coral it is both.

Primarily a transit, but also a scheduled embarkation for some.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 8:48 AM, funship freddy said:

We are cruising on Enchanted Princess from Brooklyn on 9/07/2024

Any idea how much an Uber would be from

LaGuardia ?

We took a taxi and the fare was a little less than $30 plus tip.  There was taxi stand at the airport and plenty of taxis available.