Confused on what’s showing on website today re Plus Package

puzzums

I have not purchased a drink package yet, for my June 1/24 Alaska cruise on Royal Princess.  I went onto Princess.com today and saw a tab saying bundles up to 65% off.  When I clicked on it, it said overall savings of over 50% for the Plus.  But it says it is based on a7-day cruise.  My cruise is 14 days long.  When I clicked on the Plus selection, it came up as a total of $2,268 Canadian for 2 guests.  My question is, is that the price for my whole 14 day cruise?  Surely I don’t have to pay a further $2,268 again, after 7 days?  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’m finding some aspects of the drink package a little confusing.

Also, there is no option for the cost to be split onto my card and my sister’s card and so I have to foot the whole bill up front?  I am assuming this is due to it being a bundling sale?

I also saw an option to buy 5 cans of coke for the price of 6, but I should be able to get cans of coke from any bar to stock my little in room fridge as an included perk of the Plus Package, correct?

Thanks!

Yes they updated the website a few weeks ago to push the 2 pkgs: Plus & Premier. The price you quoted is for the entire booking.

i do believe they have cans of coke. If so, and if I had a pkg, I'd just stock my fridge with cans & water asap using up my 15 beverages a day (I'd never go thru that many so probably fill it up the 1st few days then not be at all concerned .... prefer my tap water with ice & lemon)

• Like 1

Please be careful as you almost certainly do not want to buy a stand alone alcoholic drink package.

If you are interested you want the Plus package  or the Premier package.  They are bundled with other items.  Internet and ship wide gratuities and other items.  The cost is $60 a day per person for the Plus and $80 a day person for the Premier package.  The “savings” is based on what you would pay for each individual item at list price included in the bundle. ( not likely)

If one person wishes one of the two packages the other person needs to also buy the same package.

Did you each use a single CC when you purchased the cruise and paid the deposit?

Contact who ever managed your initial purchase and they can add what you want to your booking.  They should be able to modify your booking with the same payment options.  

Good luck.

• Like 1

Let's see if I can provide some information regarding your concerns.

CAN$2268 is equal to the cost of the plus fare of US$60/pp/day for the 14 days. Don't pay any attention to the percentage savings advertised. Those percentages are based upon per person, per day if one purchased all the components separately. No one in the know ever does that. There is no current discount on the plus fare. It's US$60 today as it has been since I believe December 2022.

The drink package is just one of the 9 components of the plus fare. The three most important are unlimited wifi internet 1 device per person, crew appreciation, the daily gratuity for most of the crew you interact with, and the plus beverage package.

The beverage package includes unlimited non alcoholic beverages and up to 15 alcoholic beverages/pp/day menu priced US$15 or less. This is around 90% of all alcoholic beverages. There are some wines that are priced above $15 and some special spirits. If you purchase a drink above US$15 you will be charged the difference + 18%. A $20 drink will cost you $5.90. The package does not cover wines by the bottle, but there is a discount if you choose to purchase a bottle of wine. You are permitted to carry on 1 x 750ml bottle of wine/pp at no charge for use in your cabin if you so choose to do so.

I assume that you and your sister are travelling together in the same cabin and are passengers #1 and #2 in that cabin. The plus fare requires that passengers 1 & 2 in the cabin have the same fare. You probably have a single booking number for the both of you. If you purchase the fare pre-cruise it's a single charge. Your sister would have to privately reimburse you for her portion of the fare. It has nothing to do with the plus fare being a package. You can wait until you are on board. There will be crew right there available to upgrade your booking to the plus fare. In that case believe you will be able to have you and your sister's cost applied separately to your individual on board accounts. The costs will net against any OBC already in the accounts. You cruise is actually two 7 day voyages linked logically together as a single booking number. If you purchase the plus fare on board make certain all 14 days are covered and the person handling the purchase does not sell you a 7 day package.

Coke and other sodas. It has been reported that cans of soda are now included in the plus beverage package. You can easily get some unopened cans from any bar and store them in your cabin. If you can not get the cans (unlikely) then you can purchase some at any port and carry them on board or you can carry some on board at initial embarkation.

Here is what is included in the plus fare package:

Wi-Fi (1 device per guest), Crew appreciation, Plus Beverage Package, Unlimited juice bar, Premium desserts (2 per day), Fitness classes (2 per cruise), 2 casual dining meals per guest ($14.99 without the fare, Alfredo’s is really good), OceanNow® delivery (one time $14.99 without the fare), Room service delivery ($5 per telephone call without the fare).

Hope this helps.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

IIRC, cans of soda are not included in the packages.

On the Crown last month it actually differed bar to bar. Some gave you a can others used a gun. 

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I agree...they seem to deliver whatever is close at hand, especially in the buffet.

Be sure to ask specifically for a can, if that is what you want. It has worked for us. We even pick up unopened cans at a bar in the evening to put in the fridge for the wakeup drink.

Edited by Musky Ike

20 hours ago, puzzums said:

Also, there is no option for the cost to be split onto my card and my sister’s card and so I have to foot the whole bill up front?

You would have had same issue paying for the cruise.  Each cabin is one booking/reservation.  Now, Princess may accept you advising them to charge CC #1 with 50% of the bill and CC #2 with the other 50%.  Same with a TA, if you booked using a TA. 

Most certainly, paying on board, charges can be split.  I think a good idea to pay on board.  

I am going to differ with advice above.  Buy the package for the first leg (7-nights).  See if you think it is giving good value.  Then decide whether to buy it for the second leg.  It won't save anything to pay all 14 days ahead of time.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought it was "settled science" for a little while now that canned soda is included in the beverage package portion.

Sems it is very easy to find someone who wants to debate the topic....

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought it was "settled science" for a little while now that canned soda is included in the beverage package portion.

Nothing is settle believe me. At the outside bar by the pool I was given a glass at Explorers a can. Go figure. I really don’t care one way or the other. Of course we have all the non alcohol in the minibars changed to diet cokes

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I know.  I know.  For the laughing emojis, nothing is ever "settled" on this Princess Forum.

• Like 2