Norovirus is on the Dawn

julig22

3 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

what rotten luck! 

After the shingles in April 2022, we had a European cruise in July 2022.  On the way to security at lax before our flight to London, I tripped off the up escalator. Thankfully my face broke my fall, split my lip, and a big knot above my left eye.  Looked like DH had beat the crap out of me (he didn’t).  Had a black eye for the entire trip.  DH put us in a travel ban.  Thankfully that has been lifted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

After the shingles in April 2022, we had a European cruise in July 2022.  On the way to security at lax before our flight to London, I tripped off the up escalator. Thankfully my face broke my fall, split my lip, and a big knot above my left eye.  Looked like DH had beat the crap out of me (he didn’t).  Had a black eye for the entire trip.  DH put us in a travel ban.  Thankfully that has been lifted.

Oh no.....that must have been awful.  I almost fell on my face (or as they say "faceplanted") in Mexico with a margarita in my hand. It was an uneven edge to the sidewalk. I caught myself and heard a woman behind me gasp.  Freak accidents can happen anywhere  It usually happens so quickly that you dont know until its over but in your case you had "souvenirs".  One time in NYC I was walking along the sidewalk with the crowd and for some reason my ankle just went out on me. I almost went down but a man walking beside me (another helpful New Yorker!) managed to catch my elbow and pull  me upright, then continued walking and talking with the group he was with.

Edited by Smitheroo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smitheroo said:

Oh no.....that must have been awful.  I almost fell on my face (or as they say "faceplanted") in Mexico with a margarita in my hand. It was an uneven edge to the sidewalk. I caught myself and heard a woman behind me gasp.  Freak accidents can happen anywhere  It usually happens so quickly that you dont know until its over but in your case you had "souvenirs".  One time in NYC I was walking along the sidewalk with the crowd and for some reason my ankle just went out on me. I almost went down but a man walking beside me (another helpful New Yorker!) managed to catch my elbow and pull  me upright, then continued walking and talking with the group he was with.

I thankfully had no witnesses other than my DH.  Got ice. He has had concussion protocol training, so we both stayed awake on our red eye flight…this is after our non stop flight, and arriving at Southampton hotel. Our intention of redoing Stonehenge pictures…with me not squinting…still have to be redone because I had to wear sunglasses in all the pictures

F7E2CBE5-F926-4A4F-AEC2-B5594956EB0C.jpeg

10 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

Just to let you know you are not alone. I was going up the escalator  in Detroit to check our bags before getting on a flight to Florida to go on  a cruise and I stumbled and  fell on the escalator and  the bad thing is it felt like I was in a blender as the escalator kept giving me more steps.

16 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

1 minute ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

Just to let you know you are not alone. I was going up the escalator  in Detroit to check our bags before getting on a flight to Florida to go on  a cruise and I stumbled and  fell on the escalator and  the bad thing is it felt like I was in a blender as the escalator kept giving me more steps.

Yikes…thankfully I was at the top..and tripped off of it…

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

I travel with it all. Pesto, Tylenol, motrin, hydrocortisone, butt paste, triple antibiotic ointment, tums, allergy meds, bandaids, gauze, aloe, sunscreen, Dramamine, Bonine, sea bands

My GF does the same!  She’s the one people hit up when they have ailments!  She could be her own mini Walgreens!

Hope you feel better soon.  That looks like the fall was pretty nasty!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

To all cruisers, beware and always travel with Zofran.

Zofran, Z pack and Cipro...all saved me on more than one occasion...I don't leave home without them. Do you hear Karl Malden?

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

My GF does the same!  She’s the one people hit up when they have ailments!  She could be her own mini Walgreens!

Hope you feel better soon.  That looks like the fall was pretty nasty!

Well healed now, though my eyelid is still a bit droopy after almost 2 years.  And no scarring from the shingles or residual nerve damage

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Zofran, Z pack and Cipro...all saved me on more than one occasion...I don't leave home without them. Do you hear Karl Malden?

Zofran, Zpack, antiseptic, bandaids, aspirin, tylenol, aloe, butterfly bandages, cold compresses!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

edit: source RTLNieuws 

Made it into the German RTL News too (6:45 pm). But they didn´t mention that by that time the ship was already docked. They also had a short video with a German couple onboard.

steamboats 

• Like 1

Wife n I left the Dawn in Capetown and went on a Safari independently the next day.

Both of us got bad food poisoning lasted a week during our flights and stop in Dubai on way back to UK.

Guess what was coming into the Safari Park as we left it on the 15th Feb.

2 Norwegian Tour Buses from Mossel Bay..

Coincidence ? 

10 hours ago, bunzini said:

I always take covid tests with me.

Secondly, I am just amazed at how everyone think a little spritz of hand sanitizer is all you need...I have been on some of the newer ships (maybe NCL has these too, not sure) that RCL and Celebrity have that have hand washer stations as you walk into the buffet-and guess what?  Hardly anyone uses them!  Drives me nuts!  For awhile they only let you in if you washed, but that too has gone by the wayside.  Makes me sad.  Washing is better than a little spritz.  Just saying>>>

On the Prima this past summer, there were both sinks to wash your hands and a "washy. washy lady" with sanitizer to spritz your hands. You got a smile from here is you did either of the two options.

• Like 3

In some noro outbreaks it is the home port that is the source.  The ship can be deep cleaned but until the cases in the port end the ship will still have an outbreak.

agree that hand washing is good.  But really just don’t eat with your hands or touch your face.  Burgers and fries taste the same eaten using a knife and fork.  Even then there is no guarantee.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Oh the humanity!  Some here acted like the world was ending..

Thought the same!   For a while there, I thought some felt they needed to set the ship ablaze and send it out to sea.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Seems like something is missing from the story here.   

I admit ignorance here, but I would think there might be a handful of passengers exhibiting Norovirus symptoms on every cruise.  Do they actually test everyone who exhibits the symptoms?  

Seems like a heck of a reaction for such a relatively small number cases.

• Like 2