The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 25th, 2024

kazu

Today is Let's All Eat Right Day, National Chocolate Covered Nuts Day, and National Clam Chowder Day

To live is like to love - all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it. - Samuel Butler

Meal Suggestion for today - Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins
Drink of the Day - Brandy Crusta
Wine of the Day - Relax Pink Rose
Destination of the Day - Tanjung Priok, Jakarta, Indonesia

Today in History:
1862 First Legal Tender Act 1862 is passed by the US Congress, authorizing the United States note (greenback) into circulation, the first fiat paper money that was legal tender in America

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 02-27

Koningsdam

Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii 08:00 - 18:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 10:00 - 18:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 02-26

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Macapa, Brazil eta 02-26

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Akaroa, New Zealand 10:00 - 18:00 

Volendam

Melbourne, Victoria Australia 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Manila, Luzon Island Philippines 08:00 - 18:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Tokyo, Japan eta 02-28

• Like 18
  • Thanks 17

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report. I love the days and will try to celebrate all of them but the clam chowder one may be difficult. Only the New England type will do!  Deep quote. Pass on the food and drink and have never been to the port. 

We are off the coast of Brazil heading towards the mouth of the Amazon River. Today we will cross the Equator and have the King Neptune ceremony. My very first time!

Yesterday at Devil’s Island - actually Ile Royale- was soooo interesting!  I am glad I went ashore though today I am paying for it. But I don’t care!!  

Thoughts for all and condolences to those experiencing a loss ( I can’t remember who - I’m sorry I can’t direct my sentiments directly. Cheers to all celebrating. 

have a great day everyone!

IMG_5047.jpeg

IMG_5040.jpeg

IMG_5027.jpeg

IMG_5017.jpeg

IMG_4990.jpeg

IMG_4985.jpeg

IMG_4971.jpeg

IMG_4960.jpeg

IMG_4957.jpeg

IMG_4934.jpeg

IMG_4919.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  It is 31F and we will have a sunny 64 degree Sunday.  Thank you Jacqui  @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt us to all eat right today and to me that means chocolate, so chocolate covered nuts sounds great!  I don't care for clam anything so that's off the table.  The menu suggestion of broccoli and cheese egg muffins sounds strange but I might try it, no thanks to the drink, and yes, I'll try the rosé.  A good day in 1862 for the U.S. Dollar.  Thanks to our F&B Dept. Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard or Laura @Lcubed.

My first prayers today are for Sandy and family after losing Bob Friday night.  Then my DB, DGD, Scott and Susan.  Next I'll send prayers to Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and our military members at sea and on bases in the region.  Many prayers for my Daily friends on the Care list, and I hope for improvement in your lives each day. 🙏  For everyone celebrating happy events and cruising my wish for you is to enjoy every minute of it.  🎂🎉🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping our lists updated.  You are appreciated!

The port of the day is Tanjung Priok (Jakarta) Indonesia.  We had that port before three times on July 26, 2021, June 23, 2022 and Nov. 26, 2023.  I haven't been there before so have no photos to share today.  Here are the links for your convenience in retrieving your photos.

Hoping you all have a great Sunday!  Stay safe and well everyone!  Wishing DS and DDIL a safe flight to Madrid tonight.✈️

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Well you’re all up early. It’s ten PM Sunday here and we just returned from our Azamazing Evening for this segment. We were bussed to the Hobart Concert Hall and entertained by the Hobart Symphony Orchestra. A wonderful evening of enjoying the string section of around twenty very talented musicians.

It’s early to bed for us as we are flying to Melbourne tomorrow and having an overnight stay and then flying to our three day diversion trek to visit Ayres Rock. Could be a shock as temps during day are over a 100 F. We will rejoin the ship in Sydney March 1 in time to celebrate another birthday. At least I hope so.🤞🙏

Today we toured four wineries which pictures have not yet synced with I Pad. We were berthed next to a large Virgin ship this morning and tonight upon our return to ship we have a large Princess ship.
 Couldn’t see the name in the dark.We look like a dwarf!

Thanks for the Fleet Report and postings. Bruce

• Like 28

Good morning from a sunny 37°F North East England.

Thank you for today's reports.

Interesting days especially chocolate nut as I have been fortunate to sell chocolate for over 37 years and love chocolate Brazil nuts.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have never been to today's port so I am looking forward to seeing photos.

I hope everyone is well and we all have a great day.

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Well you’re all up early. It’s ten PM Sunday here and we just returned from our Azamazing Evening for this segment. We were bussed to the Hobart Concert Hall and entertained by the Hobart Symphony Orchestra. A wonderful evening of enjoying the string section of around twenty very talented musicians.

It’s early to bed for us as we are flying to Melbourne tomorrow and having an overnight stay and then flying to our three day diversion trek to visit Ayres Rock. Could be a shock as temps during day are over a 100 F. We will rejoin the ship in Sydney March 1 in time to celebrate another birthday. At least I hope so.🤞🙏

Today we toured four wineries which pictures have not yet synced with I Pad. We were berthed next to a large Virgin ship this morning and tonight upon our return to ship we have a large Princess ship.
 Couldn’t see the name in the dark.We look like a dwarf!

Thanks for the Fleet Report and postings. Bruce

Majestic Princess is in Hobart with you, a very large ship by Princess standards.  Your side trip to Ayres Rock sounds like an excellent adventure.  I hope you enjoy it very much. 

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Some thoughts on how Jesus was tempted by St Peter! Wishing you a lovely Sunday. God bless, David 😀

https://youtu.be/fsCsDZXtFDs?si=_g90NxEvhpeCzOcc

Thanks for the link today Graham.  Hoping you and Pauline are well and have a great day.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

SusieKIslandGirl’s loss of her grade school friend

StLouisCruisers’ loss of her friend Bob on 2/23/2024

Marshhawk and Catmando unable to work due to loss of internet

RMLincoln’s DSIL hospitalized, to go to Rehab, with treatments

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with pulmonary issues

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness, hoping for improvement post injection

Seasick Sailor’s friend Ron with multiple medical issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Lady Hudson (Katherine & Sister)!

Welcome back Mr. Boston!

RMLincoln’s DH Richard doing well after his eye procedure

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy out of ICU!

Lcubed covering the Daily wine  

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for LAFFNVEGAS (Wind Surf Mar 2 to Mar 9) 7d Classic Caribbean

7 days for 0106 (Nieuw Statendam Mar 3 to Mar 17) 14d W/E Caribbean, w/BFF

Cruise Suzy (Nieuw Amsterdam to Mar 2) 7d Western Caribbean, Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas to Mar 3) 7d Bahamas & Perfect Day, Nickelpenny (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, Mtn2Sea (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, USN59-79(Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 15

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Majestic Princess is in Hobart with you, a very large ship by Princess standards.  Your side trip to Ayres Rock sounds like an excellent adventure.  I hope you enjoy it very much. 

Thanks for the link today Graham.  Hoping you and Pauline are well and have a great day.

Thank you Sandi.

Prayers 🙏 for your friend  and family and a safe flight to Madrid for your son and his wife.

I hope you and Dennis have a great day.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage @Lady Hudson!  Looking forward to your thoughts on your experience.  We have not been on RCL but they cruise from Bayonne NJ within easy reach of us, so maybe! Anthem is a mega ship and we’ve heard people say they loved it but I’m hesitant after our difficulties getting on and off NCL Joy with close to 5000.  The ship was great, the overall experience left me not wanting to cruise on her again unless I don’t intend to get off anywhere. I hope you have a grand time!  

Been awake since 3-something, hoping to get a bit more sleep?  Or a nap later. Not in pain, just tentative and a bit brain busy.  We went to a movie last evening and movies stay with me, often takes me days processing them. 

My niece updated us yesterday on DSIL. They hope she’ll be stable enough to be moved in a day or two. She’s received more blood so not as “out of it” but that also means more difficult. 

Blessings to all! I hope everybody’s day is good, or night depending on where you are!  

I’m going to visualize ocean waves and see if I can drift off… 
Maureen

• Like 24

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Thanks for the maps.  Thanks for the Lists.  Thanks for the recipes.  Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Another cool day for us and no snow in the forecast, a good day to go for a walk.

I try to eat right everyday, but I don't always succeed.  I like chocolate covered almonds.  Clam chowder sounds good, but not today.

Interesting quote.

I'd like the meal, hope the drink and wine are good too.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Bon Voyage @Lady Hudson!  Looking forward to your thoughts on your experience.  We have not been on RCL but they cruise from Bayonne NJ within easy reach of us, so maybe! Anthem is a mega ship and we’ve heard people say they loved it but I’m hesitant after our difficulties getting on and off NCL Joy with close to 5000.  The ship was great, the overall experience left me not wanting to cruise on her again unless I don’t intend to get off anywhere. I hope you have a grand time!  

Been awake since 3-something, hoping to get a bit more sleep?  Or a nap later. Not in pain, just tentative and a bit brain busy.  We went to a movie last evening and movies stay with me, often takes me days processing them. 

My niece updated us yesterday on DSIL. They hope she’ll be stable enough to be moved in a day or two. She’s received more blood so not as “out of it” but that also means more difficult. 

Blessings to all! I hope everybody’s day is good, or night depending on where you are!  

I’m going to visualize ocean waves and see if I can drift off… 
Maureen

We have been on Anthem twice and it is a lovely ship.

The North Star is a capsule you can get in and it rises up and gives you a great view over the ship.

You can see it behind me in this photo.

IMG_20220909_141053.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Invented by an Italian bartender named Joseph Santini in New Orleans, the Brandy Crusta was one of the city’s first true calling-card cocktails; originally mixed in the 1850s, it predates even the rye whiskey-based Sazerac. Though it all but disappeared in the early 20th century, today, the Crusta is experiencing a revival of sorts, thanks to bartenders like Chris Hannah, who, in 2004, was the first to bring the drink back to its home city.
“It was not on any menu in the entire city,” explains Hannah. “It’d fallen off the radar.” His version, shaken and strained into a sugar-rimmed glass, has been balanced to suit the modern palate, but otherwise stays true to the original in its spirit-forward template. Like many of today’s Crustas, too, it includes a small dose of maraschino liqueur, an addition made popular near the close of the 19th century.
Ingredients
1 3/4 ounces Cognac
3/4 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce orange Curaçao
1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
2 dashes Angostura
Garnish: sugar-rimmed glass, peel of half a lemon
Directions
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker over ice.
Shake and strain into a sugar-rimmed cocktail glass.
Garnish with the peel of half a lemon.

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 7.15.29 AM.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 11

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann/Laura, Dixie, and Graham for the Sunday reports and sermon.  Bon Voyage, @Lady Hudson.  I try to eat right but don't always succeed, and will pass on the other two days.

I   think I need a bit more coffee before I'm anywhere near ready to comprehend the quote. 

I visited Jakarta just once, in 2014, on Crystal Serenity.

I am very thankful for the convenience of paper money. 

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Lido Salad, Chicken and Ranch Fries, and Peach Crisp. as served on MS Prinsendam February 25 2019 in Prinsendam's Lido.  I chose the lido that day to be on deck for our sailaway from Rio de Janeiro:

dishes25.jpg

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Interesting collection of days - I'll celebrate chocolate covered nuts and leave the chowder for others to enjoy. Seems we have to limit the chocolate nut consumption or we won't be eating right?

?? The quote.

Haven't considered putting broccoli on a cheese egg muffin, but I could try it - I have a fresh head of broccoli waiting to be eaten. Don't know what the drink is, so not sure if I'd try it, yes on the wine, not been to the port. Paper money was a good thing for the US even though it brings it's share of challenges. 

No work today, thank goodness cuz I really want a day of nothing. I'll be putting the stuff back under the kitchen sink after DH shortens a pipe the plumber said needs to be cut off. So, that's the extent of my activity for today. And maybe a nap. 😴 I should give the dogs a bath, but I'm sure I won't, so no use saying I will.

Thanks to all who sent kind thoughts regarding my brother. He is missed. I send birthday wishes to him March 24 and would ask you mark your calendars. 💔

Currently 55° headed to hot sunny 86° and 93° tomorrow. It was 79° yesterday. Seriously Mother Nature, grab a pair of glasses- it's still February. 

Prayers and positive thoughts to all. 🙏

20240225_054626.thumb.jpg.83f3981a392ff2ac3dbb7401297a1a5f.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 20

Good Morning!

Welcome Home Ann @cat shepard I hope you had a good time on your cruise.

Relax Pink Rose

Winemaker Notes

Relax Pink Rose is a fun, fruity Spanish Rose with fresh aromas of strawberries, raspberries and cherries. It is a beautifully balanced wine with a refreshing crispness and soft, round finish. Wonderful on its own or as a complement to cold salads, cheeses and spicy foods, it's truly a go-to choice for any occasion.

Serve chilled.

It can be found on line for $10.99

Professional Ratings

90 Tasting Panel

With its notes of zesty orange peel and cleansing. juicy apricot, this peachy-pink sipper keeps a crisp profile at 11% ABV. The palate gets a boost from the finish of salted dried mango.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9