Points transfer between Royal Caribbean & Celebrity

FOXTROT

6 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

I know they don't transfer but a friend insists they did at one time. Does anyone know if they ever did? 

Yes, they did transfer but were called Loyalty Credits.  You got one credit regardless of the length of the cruise.  I received  one credit for our cruise on Royal Caribbean  to my account on Celebrity.  That was back around  2009.  The program was changed to points based on number of  days on a ship  in 2013 I believe.  

Posted (edited)

I've been cruising BOTH lines from back in the late 80s...I'm Diamond Plus AND Elite Plus (without any benefit from "reciprocity"...by the time that began, I was already beyond Diamond and Elite independently)...and I have NEVER received a single point or credit on one line from having cruised on the other.

They changed the system from one point per cruise on both lines around 2014-2015...But that change only affected how points were awarded (per night on both lines with Celebrity going to higher multipliers for cabin categories) but NOT for which cruise line you were on.  Levels up to Diamond/Elite became reciprocal, but points were NEVER accounted to a line other than the one sailed.

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

I know they don't transfer but a friend insists they did at one time. Does anyone know if they ever did? 

Never. Your friend has probably fallen into the assumption that reciprocal status would start with that many points on the other line and remembers it that way.

My first RCI cruise was before they bought Celebrity and reciprocal status has never had points attached to it. Your first cruise on the 2nd line earns your first points on the 2nd line. Your status on the 2nd line has never increased at all until you have earned ALL the points by cruising on the 2nd line, that the 2nd line requires for the higher status.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

3 hours ago, keesar said:

Yes, they did transfer but were called Loyalty Credits.  You got one credit regardless of the length of the cruise.  I received  one credit for our cruise on Royal Caribbean  to my account on Celebrity.  That was back around  2009.  The program was changed to points based on number of  days on a ship  in 2013 I believe.  

Have been cruising on Celebrity since 2004 and Royal since 2009 and never received any sort of LOYALTY CREDITS. I think you are mistaken.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

I've been cruising BOTH lines from back in the late 80s...I'm Diamond Plus AND Elite Plus (without any benefit from "reciprocity"...by the time that began, I was already beyond Diamond and Elite independently)...and I have NEVER received a single point or credit on one line from having cruised on the other.

They changed the system from one point per cruise on both lines around 2014-2015...But that change only affected how points were awarded (per night on both lines with Celebrity going to higher multipliers for cabin categories) but NOT for which cruise line you were on.  Levels up to Diamond/Elite became reciprocal, but points were NEVER accounted to a line other than the one sailed.

Agree. We had one or two credits per cruise, depending on length if I recall rightly, and they were converted to points when it changed over around 10 years ago, but both were kept independent of the line you cruised.

From X’s section in past cruise history online:

Before November 25, 2013 members earned one loyalty credit for each of the following scenarios:

• Sailing on any cruise
  • Sailing on any itinerary of 12 nights or longer, including Cruise Tours (applicable to sailings on or after January 1, 2003)
  • Sailing in a Concierge Class stateroom, Aqua Class stateroom or Suite (applicable to sailings on or after January 1, 2004)

On November 25, 2013 Captain’s Club converted from awarding credits to awarding Club Points based on number of nights and stateroom category. Credits earned prior to this date were converted to Club Points at a rate of 1 credit to 30 Club Points.

Edited by villauk

10 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Could the OP be thinking of Azamara ? 
Azamara when it was part of RCL , the loyalty program shared points with Celebrity 

Our one Azamara cruise loyalty points went to my Celebrity Captains Club account. I also got $250 OBC for having 100 share of RCL. 

"Crossovers"  have overloaded many  X events..More Diamonds than E/E  plus..

Wish there was no reciprocity anymore or limited perks!

• Like 1