Currently on Silhouette very bad experience

avp1234

22 minutes ago, Queenmom1947 said:

On Silhouette beginning March11.    I posted comments earlier but wish to add that the ship was wiped clean but not scrubbed!   Our balcony was only cleaned once.   Our toilet stool always had a black ring around water edge…even though it had been freshly cleaned by  steward.  When glanced from across the room, closet and exterior door.   Carpet stain by trash can in main cabin.

Attendant had to do 19 rooms each day.   Not enough time to wipe down let alone freshen linens, check bathroom, remake bed.    Celebrity needs a “ detail team” to go thru the ship once in a while.   
we opted for this ship as it had gone thru a recent refurbishment.  But that must mean new carpet and tv and LED lights but not a lot more in cabins.    

We were on the same cruise ( see post 119 )--

What was your stateroom number ?

Our Stateroom Attendant also had 19 cabins to service--- perhaps we were lucky, but, nothing to complain about .

27 minutes ago, Queenmom1947 said:

On Silhouette beginning March11.    I posted comments earlier but wish to add that the ship was wiped clean but not scrubbed!   Our balcony was only cleaned once.   Our toilet stool always had a black ring around water edge…even though it had been freshly cleaned by  steward.  When glanced from across the room, closet and exterior door.   Carpet stain by trash can in main cabin.

Attendant had to do 19 rooms each day.   Not enough time to wipe down let alone freshen linens, check bathroom, remake bed.    Celebrity needs a “ detail team” to go thru the ship once in a while.   
we opted for this ship as it had gone thru a recent refurbishment.  But that must mean new carpet and tv and LED lights but not a lot more in cabins.    

They need more room attendants and staff period.

We were 8247.

please beawarethatam not complaining but just certain an awareness of what we observed.    We, in retrospect, should have used our alcohol wipes to sanitize like we did handles and knobs in rest of room.

1 minute ago, Queenmom1947 said:

We were 8247.

please beawarethatam not complaining but just certain an awareness of what we observed.    We, in retrospect, should have used our alcohol wipes to sanitize like we did handles and knobs in rest of room.

LOL--- That's very close to us 8253 ---Stateroom Attendant Jose ??

Currently on Silhouette deck 11. Our stateroom is impeccable and room steward best we've had on any of our numerous cruises.  He noticed a slight sink drain before we did on our first day aboard and sent the plumber to fix it before we even mentioned it. They spent hours cleaning our balcony one day both high and low. No complaints.  I'm so sorry OP had the experience they did and hope they had no more ill effects afterwards. 

So very sorry to hear about your husband. It seems so not like Celebrity to take this lightly. You think they would have been jumping through hoops to make this right for you. Just doesn’t seem right. But yes this is something like others have said take it to the top but you have to know how to get to the right person.

Good luck and sorry you had to experience this….

Posted (edited)

I will say that Guest Services aboard seems to have been instructed NOT to allow guests who try to speak with the Hotel Director to do so. I requested to speak with the Hotel Director about an issue concerning disembarkation assistance for my DH when I was told no. It was something we had received on other X ships without issue.  I did refuse firmly to accept the stone wall and requested to go up the chain and got nowhere. I did however continue to kindly insist. I was finally told that they would forward my very reasonable request and get back to me. Today we received a message that our request was approved and that the needed assistance would be provided. 

Edited by Luvcrusn

Last year we did 2 cruises on Silhoutte. First one was Scandinavia in July 2023. We had a concierge cabin on deck 9. Excellent. No issues what so ever. Clean, nice steward, happy smiling faces all over. Staff morale seemed really high. And we even told Hotel Manager how wonderful the crew were.

September 2023 Iceland and Belfast cruise. Still on deck 9 but in Prime veranda about 20 cabins from our last one! What a bloody joke! Stateroom had supposedly been cleaned at it was about 2.30pm when we had checked in. Crumbs and litter in the drawers, mirror in bathroom with water stains, toothpaste stains in vanity units and the balcony looked as if it had not been touched at all.  There were hand prints on the glass of the sliding doors. We lodged a complaint and one of the senior staff came with room steward and I had to show him all the issues. After that, he made sure he cleaned all everyday but never had time for balcony. Since weather was not in our favour we were not utilising it much initially but you could no see the sea as the glass panels in balcony were covered in salt water stains!

a few days into our Iceland cruise, we noticed a big fan outside one of the cabins near us! And the smell!🤮🤢🤮🤢.  Turned out that that cabin had major sewage issues.  The poor couple in there asked to be moved so many times and were declined each time. Felt so sorry for them! That fan was on all day, everyday for the rest of the cruise and the smell got worse every passing day.  

So OP it is not just you. There is a serious issue on that ship and it needs to be in dry dock for them to do a full system cleanse on it.   I was not happy with that holiday and on return home I was very ill. Do not know if it was to do with the water or Covid but I had to be signed off work for 3 weeks. I did email CC and was given £200 fcc.

Avp1234 what deck and or cabin were you in? I was on this ship during that time but thankfully did not experience that! But I’m going again on the 10 day cruise same ship in April now I’m nervous!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gojoanne1 said:

Avp1234 what deck and or cabin were you in? I was on this ship during that time but thankfully did not experience that! But I’m going again on the 10 day cruise same ship in April now I’m nervous!

Don‘t be!!! She’s a fine ship!

Technical issues happen and the problems with pipes occur on every ship. Mostly because people throw all kinds of things into the toilet.

This issue might have been handled badly - on BOTH sides. The OP got what they wanted… an eye wash, a doctor (who certainly knew how to handle it better than them) etc. 
What Celebrity can’t do is turn back time and make it unhappen.

My experience is that if you stay calm, don’t be pushy and express a know it all attitude they will help. More and better than expected! The few problems we ever had on our many cruises were handled better and more generously than we ever expected. However, I think we are low maintenance people. We tend to enjoy our cruises and don’t waste much time on looking for fault.

I am sure that - with the right attitude - you’ll have a great cruise on a beautiful ship 👍

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Don‘t be!!! She’s a fine ship!

Technical issues happen and the problems with pipes occur on every ship. Mostly because people throw all kinds of things into the toilet.

This issue might have been handled badly - on BOTH sides. The OP got what they wanted… an eye wash, a doctor (who certainly knew how to handle it better than them) etc. 
What Celebrity can’t do is turn back time and make it unhappen.

My experience is that if you stay calm, don’t be pushy and express a know it all attitude they will help. More and better than expected! The few problems we ever had on our many cruises were handled better and more generously than we ever expected. However, I think we are low maintenance people. We tend to enjoy our cruises and don’t waste much time on looking for fault.

I am sure that - with the right attitude - you’ll have a great cruise on a beautiful ship 👍

They asked for a different room, even if downgrading to an inside, not to turn back time. This was not too much to ask given the circumstances. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

They asked for a different room, even if downgrading to an inside, not to turn back time. This was not too much to ask given the circumstances. 

I don’t know who you are talking about! I am talking about the OP… and there’s no mention of a different room!

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Kind of hard to produce something you don't have.  If they don't have an empty cabin, they don't have an empty cabin.  How hard is that to understand.

I suspect from the ranting, they were not going to be happy with whatever was done for them and they probably were constantly at the Guest Services/phone desk.

We were treated badly after having contracted COVID on a cruise.  We dealt with it and moved on.  Dwelling on it only makes you angry longer.....

I would go down to medical off and ask to see the paperwork they filled out for your husband.  Take a picture of the paperwork with your phone.  That will give you piece of mind and you now have a copy of the report.  Good luck and so sorry to hear about this

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

I don’t know who you are talking about! I am talking about the OP… and there’s no mention of a different room!

Yes, the OP. It was in one of the OP’s posts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Kind of hard to produce something you don't have.  If they don't have an empty cabin, they don't have an empty cabin.  How hard is that to understand.

I suspect from the ranting, they were not going to be happy with whatever was done for them and they probably were constantly at the Guest Services/phone desk.

We were treated badly after having contracted COVID on a cruise.  We dealt with it and moved on.  Dwelling on it only makes you angry longer.....

There are always extra cabins that are kept empty in case something like this happens. Are you suggesting that if the ceiling caved in or the cabin had no water there would be no place to move them to? Would they be given a lounge all to themselves? Of course there are spares. Just because a ship is listed as full or sold out doesn’t mean they don’t keep additional cabins unoccupied in case of an emergency. It may even be a requirement that they do so for all we know.

As for “dwelling” the OP simply came here to let others know, and just because she’s answering people’s questions doesn’t mean she hasn’t moved on. And you know, there’s always scrolling by if it bothers you 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Miaminice said:

My experience is that if you stay calm, don’t be pushy and express a know it all attitude they will help.

Generally speaking--- People don't know how to complain.

It appears that did not happen---

It appears that there was an over-reaction---

It appears that there was a " What ya gonna do for us now " attitude.

Perhaps a good hot shower, laundering the clothes, and a complimentary dinner in Murano  would have solved the issue. Throw in a plate of chocolate covered strawberries ---- done !!

Bye the way---re:  "I called home and talked to someone what to do". 

Why call home to see what to do ? The Housekeeping and Medical Staff on board would know because it wasn't the first time a toilet line backed up.

Posted (edited)

Years ago right after the MSC Seaside was launched I had a plumbing problem also in one of its rooms. The room was being filled with the smell of sewer gas coming in thru the AC system. I complained several times but got the same answer as you did "we have no empty rooms ".

I finally informed them that i would get off at the first port and they would reimburse me for cruise and travel home. They magically found an empty room. Didn't help me move to new room but surprisingly gave me a certificate for a free specialty dinner. Well guess what, they ended up charging me for dinner and the person who gave me the certificate denied giving it to me !! When I posted this on the MSC site their cheerleaders basically stated that this couldn't have happened and were insinuating it was my fault. Need less to say I am one and done with MSC. Good luck with your incident and hope you and your husband are in good health.

PS

MSC eventually found the problem and corrected it.

Edited by diesel1973
change
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

There are always extra cabins that are kept empty in case something like this happens. Are you suggesting that if the ceiling caved in or the cabin had no water there would be no place to move them to? Would they be given a lounge all to themselves? Of course there are spares. Just because a ship is listed as full or sold out doesn’t mean they don’t keep additional cabins unoccupied in case of an emergency. It may even be a requirement that they do so for all we know.

As for “dwelling” the OP simply came here to let others know, and just because she’s answering people’s questions doesn’t mean she hasn’t moved on. And you know, there’s always scrolling by if it bothers you 🤷🏻‍♀️

I never had the impression she was less than polite when speaking with GS...sometimes these threads take on a life of their own.  She had more concern than anger and said so in one of her posts.  I think on this topic the OP HAS moved on, so we're talking amongst ourselves and I don't think our opinions really matter to her or her DH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I will say that Guest Services aboard seems to have been instructed NOT to allow guests who try to speak with the Hotel Director to do so. I requested to speak with the Hotel Director about an issue concerning disembarkation assistance for my DH when I was told no. It was something we had received on other X ships without issue.  I did refuse firmly to accept the stone wall and requested to go up the chain and got nowhere. I did however continue to kindly insist. I was finally told that they would forward my very reasonable request and get back to me. Today we received a message that our request was approved and that the needed assistance would be provided. 

Seems there is a new communication stone wall ...

On Ascent,  we were refused an Attention to Detail card to compliment a staff member..We were told to use the QR  scan button in the Newsletter and do an online form. 

We did but never had any acknowkledgement  or feedback that our comments were recieved!   Very impersonal!  Next time we  will find notepaper and drop off a note at GR..despite them!

9 hours ago, diesel1973 said:

Years ago right after the MSC Seaside was launched I had a plumbing problem also in one of its rooms. The room was being filled with the smell of sewer gas coming in thru the AC system. I complained several times but got the same answer as you did "we have no empty rooms ".

I finally informed them that i would get off at the first port and they would reimburse me for cruise and travel home. They magically found an empty room. Didn't help me move to new room but surprisingly gave me a certificate for a free specialty dinner. Well guess what, they ended up charging me for dinner and the person who gave me the certificate denied giving it to me !! When I posted this on the MSC site their cheerleaders basically stated that this couldn't have happened and were insinuating it was my fault. Need less to say I am one and done with MSC. Good luck with your incident and hope you and your husband are in good health.

PS

MSC eventually found the problem and corrected it.

I think that this would have been or would be the best approach.  When you leave the ship because your room is unlivable that sends a message ...