Princess Bags are Back

On 3/9/2024 at 2:05 PM, bronzey214 said:

After missing the complementary bags my last couple cruises, I was pleased to see new princess bags in our room hanging. (Not with the hat. The hat is mine)

IMG_8428.thumb.jpeg.7bc96495b8c0cf2d300bf9fda3325b29.jpeg

Virtual Running Shorts sounds a bit scary to me. 😱

• Haha 1

We were on the Crown twice last month and never saw one but am looking to replenishing my supply at home.  I use them constantly and they do disintegrate after some years of use.  Can’t wait to see if they have them on the Discovery later this month.  🤞 

41 minutes ago, memoak said:

All we ever use them for is to carry stuff down to the laundromat 

I was thinking I could use it as a beach bag to take to the pool and save myself packing one. 😄 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I was thinking I could use it as a beach bag to take to the pool and save myself packing one. 😄 

Sure. I just don’t get people who take them into port with them. Just like the ones who wear a lanyard and medallion in port. Seems to label one as a tourist and target 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Sure. I just don’t get people who take them into port with them. Just like the ones who wear a lanyard and medallion in port. Seems to label one as a tourist and target 

Have you looked at the people getting off a cruise ship in port lately?  Just about everyone of them (us) screams "Tourist" without the accompanying Princess Bag.  I don't think we are fooling anyone by leaving the bag in our room.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Can’t wait to see if they have them on the Discovery later this month.  🤞 

Just got off the Discovery on March 9th.  We had a bag in our cabin the first day.

Edited by wv4891
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Have you looked at the people getting off a cruise ship in port lately?  Just about everyone of them (us) screams "Tourist" without the accompanying Princess Bag.  I don't think we are fooling anyone by leaving the bag in our room.

I wear jeans, T shirt and tennis shoes in port. My medallion is in my pocket. I don’t think I look all that different from most people we encounter. We cruise mostly in Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, Canada and Panama cruises

Got off Emerald last week with 2 new blue  bags

Went to the grocery store today and bought a bag of milk

lifted bag off counter and milk fell on the floor

the brand new Princess bag split down the whole side??!!

My HAL bag from three years ago is still going strong

Bob

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bobpell said:

Got off Emerald last week with 2 new blue  bags

Went to the grocery store today and bought a bag of milk

lifted bag off counter and milk fell on the floor

the brand new Princess bag split down the whole side??!!

My HAL bag from three years ago is still going strong

Bob

Our old Princess bags were in the back area of my wife's Jeep. They sat through the heat of summer and the burning summer sun shining on them and cooking them. They started to deteriorate. We learned not to leave them in the sun or in extreme heat.

@bobpell I remember the first time I ever heard of a "bag of milk" - it was actually in a For Better or For Worse comic which is authored by a Canadian and is set in a fictional suburb of Toronto, ON. I was boggled so I googled it. I've never actually seen one as the only parts of Canada we've traveled through were Alberta, BC, and Yukon and, as far as I know, bagged milk is only in provinces in the east. (Of course I don't really know much as I'm not Canadian.)

Edited by Thrak

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, memoak said:

I wear jeans, T shirt and tennis shoes in port. My medallion is in my pocket. I don’t think I look all that different from most people we encounter. We cruise mostly in Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, Canada and Panama cruises

Unfortunately for me, I look like a tourist no matte whatr I wear because of the camera hanging from my neck. 🤣

Edited by MacMadame
correcting auto-correct
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MacMadame said:

Unfortunately for me, I look like a tourist no matte whatr I wear because of the camera hanging from my neck. 🤣

That’s what our cell phones are for. We abandoned the big heavy cameras to appreciate the area. Especially in areas we have visited before 

You may still need to pack that extra bag.  It seems that the blue bag is not available across the fleet.

9 hours ago, MacMadame said:

On 3/9/2024 at 1:43 PM, 555 said:

There actually a cheap way to advertise. 

Yup - and I just advertised Princess with some 4-5 year old bags when I went to the store.  Love them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You may still need to pack that extra bag.  It seems that the blue bag is not available across the fleet.

I'm guessing that they are just starting to stock the ships with them and they'll all have them eventually.

My cruise isn't until Jan so I have time to see what is what.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, damiross said:

Yup - and I just advertised Princess with some 4-5 year old bags when I went to the store.  Love them.

The only problem with Princess bags is they deteriorate sooner or later and you have to keep sailing to get a renewed supply.

Maybe it's an ulterior plan after all.  

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

We were given the Princess bags on Enchanted Princess in February.  Two beach towels and two small bottles of water and the handle ripped off the bag.  I can't imagine using the current bags for groceries. 

The bags we have we got back when Princess actually thought passengers were something good.