C&A new information

23 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

If they want access to the SL that bad, go for it.  That's a lot just to get into a place and sit to talk and eat more stuff.  

We certainly would not do that just to get into the SL - there's zero financial benefit for it. 

Maybe for CK.  But to go through all that effort for CK?  Ok...

The number of people who actually go through all of that would be even smaller than the Pins who are sailing with friends in the same cabin.

50-50.

We have P friends who are in the very high 1,400 points.  Guarantees us access to CK.

I often travel with my daughter(Diamond +) and mom(Diamond) separately so am very happy with added benefit.   The last cruise I was on the Crown lounge was full every night and the concierge lounge empty but my daughter was not allowed in with me 😢 so we just went to a bar.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Just saying.  Suite lounge machine was better on that sailing.

If one was broken, that kind of makes the other better by default.

Wicked vibration on deck 14 tonight.  Deck 5 much smoother.  Avoid both lounges unless you enjoy sitting on a washing machine during the spin cycle.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I had to think about this a bit before generating an opinion.  I can see where this applies to us, for example, a sailing with parents/friends who can now join us in the lounge versus previously we would only meet them someplace else. On the other, depending on sailing, lounge access can be tight.  On top of that, drinks are not included for non-pins/non-suite and we've had enough problems with wait staff using our vouchers even though we are in a suite.  This just muddles everything further even if meant to be a benefit. 

Edited by I Love RCI
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, I Love RCI said:

I had to think about this a bit before generating an opinion.  I can see where this applies to us, for example, a sailing with parents/friends who can now join us in the lounge versus previously we would only meet them someplace else.

How does this help you if you are in a suite?

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Having dated a few ladies over the years and subsequently making it to the point of sharing a cabin with some it is a nice perk.  I'll be able to bring my "date" with me into the SL/CK without having to contemplate when it's time to make them a "spouse" in the eyes of the CAS. 

I'm not looking to get remarried so this is a welcome perk.

Plus since I am already consuming a table for two by myself, allowing my "cabin date" in shouldn't really impact anyone.

Oh you debonair dog you.  😉  😄  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, alfaeric said:

AND any drinks come off of the 6 on the Pinnacle's account.  

I read it as drinks in the SL served to the non-Pinn guest is charged to the non-Pinn's seapass. Pinnacles use their vouchers unless they are in a GS or above.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gypsealin said:

As I read it, if you are pinnacle and want to bring non pinnacle people into coastal kitchen with you….those people have to be staying in your cabin with you. Is that correct?

Yes

37 minutes ago, gypsealin said:

As I read it, if you are pinnacle and want to bring non pinnacle people into coastal kitchen with you….those people have to be staying in your cabin with you. Is that correct?

To clarify, one person.  Not to be confused with multiple guest in same cabin.  

Each Pinnacle member in a cabin is now allowed ONE non-Pinnacle guest from their cabin to join them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I could see that the effort (splitting Pinns) could be worth it if you combine all the loopholes (drink package avoidance, balcony discount, coastal kitchen).

I understand the "splitting Pinns" strategy and it is a loophole within the rules.  It still feels a bit like cheating to me.  But that's just me I guess.

Pinns do have the option of actually paying for a suite like the rest of us if they really want one.  I know some do.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, gypsealin said:

Well, booked in the same cabin.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

I read it as drinks in the SL served to the non-Pinn guest is charged to the non-Pinn's seapass. Pinnacles use their vouchers unless they are in a GS or above.

This was my interpretation as well.

Maybe I’m missing something.

Firstly,  don’t think the SL is something so special that I would go to the trouble I see in the “Cabin Creativity” ideas above, just to bring  a non P in and then have to use my vouchers for their drinks! We don’t even use the CL for our drinks, we would rather get them at bars with music and other activities. I think drinks from bartenders are made better anyway.

Secondly, CK isn’t as good as it used to be IMO, I mean it’s ok, but not great enough for the hoops to jump through so non P friends can join for dinner.

My impression is that with all they took away from Ps, they think this will make up for it…

just my humble opinion.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

Either way, it's not free, as some seem to think it is.  Charge to the Pinn, D+, D, or seapass card- it's like being at a normal bar.  

If they are in a GS or up, this whole thing is moot- they already have access and it's free.

• Like 2

It sure doesn’t impress me as making up for everything that has been taken away from pinnacles. Doesn’t change anything for us because we never share a room with anyone. They may think they are doing us a big favor but to me it’s just the same bone being thrown to us as they have tried before. Getting fed up with their tactics. 

• Like 2

CAS responded to an email inquiring about Silver and Gold dining on Spectrum.  

Apparently the footnote regarding no dining access on Spectrum refers to guests under 18 years old.

"I'm glad to inform you that you still have access and are still entitled to our Gold Lounge or Silver Lounge as it's stated that Crown Lounge access is not impacted by that announcement and remains exclusive to Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members unless communicated otherwise. Please note that the members who do not have access to its dining facilities are those guests under 18 years of age."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/14/2024 at 4:03 PM, firefly333 said:

I thought suite lounge still had free drinks during happy hour. You mean if I was a pinnacle and brought in my cabin mate they arent allowed the free lounge suite drinks? 

Unfortunately, there are no free drinks for any loyalty level during happy hour in either the Suite Lounge or the Crown Lounge. That perk was eliminated a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 4:03 PM, firefly333 said:

I thought suite lounge still had free drinks during happy hour. You mean if I was a pinnacle and brought in my cabin mate they arent allowed the free lounge suite drinks? 

On 3/14/2024 at 4:06 PM, Another_Critic said:

Non suite Pinns have to use vouchers in the suite lounge.

I feel like this is one of those YMMV areas.  

By policy Pinnacle do not get free SL happy hour drinks.  Every drink should be carded, by policy, unless the Pinnacle is in a full suite.  This can get messy for a Pinnacle in a full suite since if you show up in the SL with a gold Pinnacle Seapass card the SL waitstaff are trained to card every drink.  I had the concierge print a suite color SeaPass card to replace my Pinnacle SeaPass card so the waitstaff would not consume my CAS vouchers.

At the same time I've recently been in a Concierge Lounge on an smaller, older ship where the CL bartender didn't card every drink.  I was not in a full suite.  A fellow Pinnacle I met on board and I referred to as the Pinnacle Drink Package.  Every evening the "regulars" found there way to the CL during happy hour and typically ended up with two vouchers consumed for many more than two drinks.  

On this sailing the lounge was not packed every night and some of the "regulars" were suite guests, gold or platinum in the CAS and we all got along, talking about all sorts of stuff.   Good people, good times night after night in the Concierge Lounge.

When there is a bar in the SL I feel like there is more opportunity for some drinks not to be counted, especially with cash tips offered. When the SL has waitstaff who leave to fetch drinks I have tended to see greater compliance with policy and every drink is a voucher.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, twangster said:

At the same time I've recently been in a Concierge Lounge on an smaller, older ship where the CL bartender didn't card every drink

My experience is similar to yours, although I have seen the same behavior on the larger ships too.