C&A new information

Dear Valued Pinnacle Club Members,

We are thrilled to share exciting news regarding an enhancement to your Suite amenities access. Effective on sailings beginning March 15, 2024, and onwards, each Pinnacle Club member may now bring one guest staying in their immediate stateroom to accompany them into the Suite/Concierge Lounge, Suite Sun Decks, and Coastal Kitchen!

As we implement this new policy, below are additional details to note:

• Non-Pinnacle Club guests must be always accompanied by a Pinnacle Club member, unless staying in an eligible Suite stateroom - this includes guests under 21 years of age which must always be accompanied by an adult1

• Beverages consumed in these venues will be charged to guests' SeaPass cards - Diamond and above members may redeem their daily drink vouchers

• On sailings where the number of eligible Suite & Pinnacle Club guests exceeds the Suite venue capacity, access for Pinnacle Club members will be determined by cruise points and extended to one of their stateroom occupants. Those eligible will receive access notifications 48 hours before the sailing and a reminder on boarding day in the Welcome Letter

• Access to Coastal Kitchen is based on space and availability. Reservations are required and can only be made once onboard

• Crown Lounge access is not impacted by this announcement and remains exclusive to Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members, unless communicated otherwise2

We are committed to ensuring your cruise experience is exceptional, and we believe these updates contribute to that goal. Thank you for your unwavering loyalty - we look forward to welcoming you onboard as we continue creating unforgettable memories together.

Crown & Anchor® Society

1) Applies to guests under 18 years of age on sailings departing from countries where the legal drinking age is 18+. 2) On Spectrum of the Seas®, Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members may access the Star | Sky | Sea Lounge, but do not have access to its dining facilities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not thrilled about this but since we always stay in suites, I am hoping that they will continue to assess the SL capacity when there are large numbers of Pins.  It's nothing personal but especially on the smaller ships, I've seen the SL get taken over.  I'm sure this will stir things up here.

• Like 8

Interesting observation on Liberty this week.  Visiting NextCruise she asked my cabin number and said “Oh, you are Pinnacle Plus”.  

Never heard of Pinnacle Plus.  Perhaps just her own label or maybe how they intend to track the cut off line for SL access?.  🤔

• Like 2

IMO the best part of this letter is the part where they claim they will advise Pinns 48 hours prior to embarkation if there are going to be any restrictions to the SL.  They have never given any advance notice up until now.  It would be nice if they begin doing that.  At least you’d have some “hint” that you may be excluded.

This does seem to be a puzzling change, with the recent emphasis on DE-crowding (I know that’s not a real word) the SL/CK.  It just seems to unnecessarily complicate an existing problem. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wolfganghowell said:

Not thrilled about this but since we always stay in suites, I am hoping that they will continue to assess the SL capacity when there are large numbers of Pins.  It's nothing personal but especially on the smaller ships, I've seen the SL get taken over.  I'm sure this will stir things up here.

My understanding is it wouldn’t apply on the smaller or larger ships for the Suite lounge.  It is only in regards to the CK.

Does not make sense to me at all.  First they are restricting Pinns into the SL/Ck...now they want to let us bring in non Pinnacles...even if those are in an inside cabin.?   No ...does not make sense to me.  

Sheezz...🤔

And this is supposed to be an excited benefit for Pinnacles?  Excuse me? 

• Like 10

I don't see this as a massive increase, or even a minor one.  How many Pinns go on cruises with friends that are not Pinnacles and share a cabin?  I see more solos than met Pinns that brought some random friend to share the cabin.

This isn't about a spouse- since they are given the same status as the main person.  This is about a friend.

10 hours ago, island lady said:

.now they want to let us bring in non Pinnacles...even if those are in an inside cabin.?   No ...does not make sense to me.  

The non-Pin must share the cabin with the Pin. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, twangster said:

Interesting that pinnacle are booted from the golden and silver dining on Spectrum.  

That is madness as when I was on Spectrum last month the silver lounge, the silver dining and the gold dining were always empty!!!

Why does the email refer to “star/sky/sea” lounge as there is no such venue in Spectrum??!!

Edited by little britain

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

That is madness as when I was in last month the silver lounge, the silver dining and the gold dining were always empty!!!

Why does the email refer to “star/sky/sea” lounge as there is no such venue in Spectrum??!!

Diamond Lounge also pretty empty on Spectrum ,  and this was in a cruise with over 5000 on board. Maybe half a dozen at most. They did have sandwiches and pastries there all day as well as breakfast and pre dinner snacks but still not enough to entice people to stay 

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Diamond Lounge also pretty empty on Spectrum ,  and this was in a cruise with over 5000 on board. Maybe half a dozen at most. They did have sandwiches and pastries there all day as well as breakfast and pre dinner snacks but still not enough to entice people to stay 

Looks like we sailed on her just in time ! 

What we've seen on recent cruises is that the Concierge/Suite lounges aren't very busy so this shouldn't impact them at all.  I'm thinking they looked at the numbers and decided that this was a way to make it look like they are giving something to them which really doesn't impact them at all.  How many Pinns actually cruise with non-Pinns they want to share a cabin with?  It only benefits the non-Pinn so there's no incentive for Pinns to do it.

11 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Does this just apply to Spectrum?  Any Pins from another ship get a similar message?

No. It went to all Pinns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is practical for families. Grandpa Pinnacle in cabin 1 with his son-in-law and grandson. Grandma Pinnacle in cabin 2 with their daughter and granddaughter. It only matters what's on the booking. Send the kids to the kids club, adults can enjoy the lounge together.

• Like 1