LIVE from Oasis of the Seas Transatlantic (with bonus Disney World) April 2024

49 minutes ago, little britain said:

Well; that didn’t end well… we had checked in our cases and we were sitting reading before going through security at BCN when some lowlife stole my handbag 👜 containing our Passports, boarding passes, my glasses, driving licence & credit cards - all gone 😭 
Not allowed on flight back home. 
DH caught the guy who did the distraction whilst his accomplice nicked my brand new Kate Spade bag, helped by some nearby lads who just happened to be Swiss Police on holiday! 
Now the trauma of getting new passports etc so we can get home. 
Stopped credit cards immediately but they have tried to use them already in the city centre so police know exactly where they are in the city.

hopefully they can match up security cameras footage at the airport with street camera at the two venues where they tried to use them and identify them. 

I think I’m more gutted about losing the new handbag and my Pinnacle passport holder 

Takes about 48 hours to get a new emergency travel document so checked into hotel and had a very large glass of wine. Ok it was a bottle. 

LB

Oh no!  I am so sorry this happened to you.  Good luck getting your emergency travel documents, but most especially, I sincerely hope the Police find these low-lifes and hopefully get back your possessions,😔

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, little britain said:

Well; that didn’t end well… we had checked in our cases and we were sitting reading before going through security at BCN when some lowlife stole my handbag 👜 containing our Passports, boarding passes, my glasses, driving licence & credit cards - all gone 😭 
DH caught the guy who did the distraction whilst his accomplice nicked my brand new Kate Spade bag, helped by some nearby lads who just happened to be Swiss Police on holiday! 
Stopped credit cards immediately but they have tried to use them already in the city centre so police know exactly where they are in the city.

hopefully they can match up security cameras footage at the airport with street camera at the two venues where they tried to use them and identify them. 

I think I’m more gutted about losing the new handbag and my Pinnacle passport holder 

Takes about 48 hours to get a new emergency travel document so checked into hotel and had a very large glass of wine. Ok it was a bottle. 

LB

OH NO, That is Horrible!    I sure hope they catch those lowlifes. 😠   The sad part is they probably took out what they wanted and disposed of everything else.    So sorry you have to go through this hassle😪

• Like 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

LB

Seriously need an angry reaction emoji on here. What a lousy end to your trip! 😡

I hope you are able to get everything sorted out promptly.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OH NO, That is Horrible!    I sure hope they catch those lowlifes. 😠   The sad part is they probably took out what they wanted and disposed of everything else.    So sorry you have to go through this hassle😪

They have the Albanian guy in custody. 
They have the addresses of the two places where they tried to use the credit cards which are across the street from each other. Whether the police will do anything like look at security camera footage .. I doubt it. 

They have a photo of my brand new Kate bag which is bright yellow so easily identifiable. As you say our passports are probably in a bin whilst some Albanian lowlife is walking round with my brand new bag causing us all this inconvenience trapping us in Spain for at least 48 hours.

I’m most gutted about the un replaceable things … like my pinnacle passport holder! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, little britain said:

They have the addresses of the two places where they tried to use the credit cards which are across the street from each other. Whether the police will do anything like look at security camera footage .. I doubt it. 

They have a photo of my brand new Kate bag which is bright yellow so easily identifiable. As you say our passports are probably in a bin whilst some Albanian lowlife is walking round with my brand new bag causing us all this inconvenience trapping us in Spain for at least 48 hours.

I’m most gutted about the un replaceable things … like my pinnacle passport holder! 

OMG so sorry for you!!!  What a pain in the @#$!😡  I got an email alert yesterday and text from Citibank about my Costco Visa.  It appears that my trip to Marshall's on Friday turned into a hack job.  I know it is not quite the same as yours, but it is all so infuriating!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, little britain said:

So annoying....Hopefully the embassy will make the process as efficient as possible for replacement passport.

I know it's not the same but maybe you could get one of these as a replacement.

https://www.google.com/search?q=crown+and+anchor+pinnacle+passport+holder&oq=crown+and+anchor+pinnacle+passport+holder&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigATIHCAMQIRigATIHCAQQIRigAdIBCTE2NDI2ajBqOagCDrACAQ&client=ms-android-boostdish-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Or try calling crown and Anchor number when you get home and tell them your story.  Maybe you get the right person and they will send you a replacement.   Or look on ebay.

I hope karma gets these thieves soon.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, little britain said:

LB

I am so so sorry!  

9 hours ago, little britain said:

LB

Oh no what an awful end to your holiday.  There must be plenty of cctv in the terminal, hopefully they'll catch the thief and get your bag back.  Barcelona has such a bad rep for pickpockets. 

I hope you get new passports as quick as possible and can claim all the extra costs on your insurance.

If it makes it any better it's pouring with rain here in blighty today 

@laurieal thanks again for a really interesting blog. Hope your travel home was stress and trouble free

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, little britain said:

LB

wow…. Good luck.  My miserableness pales in comparison.  I’ve been keenly aware of my surroundings because of many warnings of pick pockets and thieves.  That probably added to my anxiety overall.

• Like 3

Hello, everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I made it home safely to the softest, purriest cat in the entire world. I'm back at work this morning, but I'll get caught up on comments later in the day.

• Like 25

14 hours ago, little britain said:

Main thing is nobody was hurt. Must have been a shock 

Sadly the police in bcn have given up on petty theft. I hope you get a resolution but the best thing you can do is put it behind you and move on and definitely don't let it get to you. 

• Like 1

Thank you again for your comments -

to those who we will never know who helped, the ladies at the airport to called the police, the Swiss police who restrained the guy until the Spanish police turned up, the lady in the hotel who gave us an upgrade when she heard our story, the waiter in the restaurant who gave us free shots… the kindness of strangers. God bless you. 

The Consulate have processed our Emergency Travel docs (£100pp if you ever need one!) and we can collect at 11am tomorrow. Booked on the first possible flight after that outta here! 

This little shindig will cost close to £2000 once we have added up hotel/ flight/ emergency travel docs/ new passports/ new glasses for me/ new sunglasses for DH/ meals/ excess parking fines… 🤞insurance pays up.

And to the Albanian low life scum thieves. 
Karma bites back

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thank you again for your comments -

to those who we will never know who helped, the ladies at the airport to called the police, the Swiss police who restrained the guy until the Spanish police turned up, the lady in the hotel who gave us an upgrade when she heard our story, the waiter in the restaurant who gave us free shots… the kindness of strangers. God bless you. 

The Consulate have processed our Emergency Travel docs (£100pp if you ever need one!) and we can collect at 11am tomorrow. Booked on the first possible flight after that outta here! 

This little shindig will cost close to £2000 once we have added up hotel/ flight/ emergency travel docs/ new passports/ new glasses for me/ new sunglasses for DH/ meals/ excess parking fines… 🤞insurance pays up.

And to the Albanian low life scum thieves. 
Karma bites back

It is good too see others rise to your bad situation.  Karma will call on those Albanians one day. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, little britain said:

LB

So sad. We were sitting in Terminal 2 BCN airport, waiting 4 hours for our flight. Observed a pick pocketeer next to us. I followed him with my eyes 10 minutes which he realized and  disappeared. 1 hour later he came back watching for victims. Small statute, black clothes , jacket over his arm, southern European type. When I stood up and followed him, he realized and disappeared again. No police in the terminal

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

So sad. We were sitting in Terminal 2 BCN airport, waiting 4 hours for our flight. Observed a pick pocketeer next to us. I followed him with my eyes 10 minutes which he realized and  disappeared. 1 hour later he came back watching for victims. Small statute, black clothes , jacket over his arm, southern European type. When I stood up and followed him, he realized and disappeared again. No police in the terminal

That sounds exactly like our man….skinny, unshaven, black jacket, striped shirt ( 👔 which is now ripped after his wrestling on the floor) … he must have left and gone to 2C! And found me! 

It is appalling that they have the gall to operate inside an airport terminal which should be teaming with police 👮‍♀️?! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, laurieal said:

Hello, everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I made it home safely to the softest, purriest cat in the entire world. I'm back at work this morning, but I'll get caught up on comments later in the day.

Glad to hear you had an uneventful trip back.  I was mostly offline this weekend and missed the opportunity to wish you a safe flight back.  I'm looking forward to your next Live in October.  By then, it's looking like I might be able to post our own kitty pics.  My daughter has moved back in after being away at university for the past 2 years since her next 2 years have many internships and most of her remaining university classes will be online.  She has somehow been able to successfully negotiate that we let her bring in a cat. She is just waiting for the right one to show up for rescue at the SPCA.  Anyway, we'll see how that pans out.

Once again, Merci Beaucoup for the great live review.  I've taken several notes for our future cruises.

d (Dennis) p

And a pic of our late Dexter

image.png.89b75ede67dd1c1a74337c121e02c190.png

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 5

@little britain  I'm glad to read that you will be able to return home tomorrow after getting your emergency Passports.  It has been such a horrific ordeal for you;  I do hope your Travel Insurance will cover all of your expenses.  We've had to use our Travel Insurance twice and were so relieved that all of our expenses were covered.  Safe travels.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

See my live thread.  This is Laurieal’s.  Not nearly as bad as Little Britain.

I can't seem to find your live thread.  🤔